Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Your original post . . .

topic.

What do you think? If we eliminate the down arrow that means:

-No one can vote down competing submissions;

That would be a given result of the situation.

-All submissions get positive scores encouraging users to contribute;

Those who are seriously interested in contributing to Forumbuildr will do so regardless. While it could benefit some of those good ideas out there that get hit with a wave of downvotes at the wrong time, I believe the only people this would actually encourage are those interested in adding a few chocolate scoops to their tally.

-Controversial submissions that people are more opinionated about (vote on) get an advantage over bland vanilla run-of-the-mill crap.

How on earth does leaving all the awful/bland/repetitive/copied stuff in the voting pool, clogging up the categories, help make the good submissions stand out? When I read that it seemed like you actually want to discourage players from legetimate voting. Facing 200 – 300 items per category? If you don’t log in right away on Sunday/Monday it would result in those numbers. How would this be of benefit except to help manipulate a situation of upvoting a certain category to gain scoops within a group of friends or a klan?

There have already been several threads about those who always downvote and those who always upvote. The “pbum” option was an answer for those entries that were on the middle ground, giving people an option besides “down” if the idea wasn’t super, but not too bad. Since most everything you mentioned had been covered several times and the only real visible result would in fact be more scoops across the board, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn’t think you were actually looking to try to manipulate the entire voting system via klan voting abuse and suggested that scoops were a consideration behind your ideas. It seems reasonable since you came up with the idea the day after it was announced that antifreeze would be nerfed. Sorry if that was a bad bumumption.

scully edited this message on 04/30/2008 8:11AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!