Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art CLOSED: Your Favorite Art Contest - 3 BP prize - no art ability required!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Rules are simple. Make one post with your favorite piece of art. Contest ends this Sunday, July 6th when the new Forumbuildr forum is published. Any entries or edits to entries after that time, will be disqualified. The entry I consider the most interesting/coolest/most beautiful/ugliest/whatever (it’s art, I can’t know why it’s striking until I see it!) gets the 3 BP.

“Art” is open to interpretation. Painting, sculpture, performance clip, film, song, story, poem…whatever. For media I must be able to view, read, or listen to the entire piece in about 5 minutes. (If you want to enter a movie, please find a scene or clip of about 5 minutes.)

Include the name of the piece and artist if possible. (You don’t need to name an artist for film or other obviously collaborative works.)

art n.
   1. Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
   2.    a. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other
         elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the
         beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
         b. The study of these activities.
         c. The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.
   3. High quality of conception or execution, as found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.
   4. A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.

EDIT: Clarifications based on posts and tubmails. If you put more than one picture, song, clip, whatever in your post I will only count the first as your choice. I entry per character. Also, don’t worry – you don’t have to explain it. It’s cool to hear why, and whatever about the piece, but frankly I can’t even remotely begin to explain why I love my favorite paintings. Also, I did say “about 5 minutes”. I don’t want a bunch of 10 minute clips, mainly because if there are a lot, I want to be able to go through them all on my day off, but a little bit over is not a problem.

EDIT #2: The 5 minutes or less has been modified to “about 5 minutes”. If you have already submitted an entry and would like to change it, please feel free to do so as long as it is changed before the new Forumbuildr forum is published. Basically, I don’t want someone to be unable to submit their entry because it’s 5 minutes and 15 seconds when the entire point of the rule is simply to keep things manageable from a viewing perspective.

This change was Mod approved as long as previous entries were allowed to change if they wanted. *spanks* Senor Banhammer! *spanks* Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/02/2008 12:24PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I like this.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Oh man, this contest is beautiful.

I could go one of two routes with this:

Draw something crude in mspaint then write an expansive essay on why it’s the greatest thing ever

or

Be serious.

I think I might actually go for the latter.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Not necessarily MY favorite but here we go… one entry [for now].

Carolee Schneemann – Interior Scroll – Performance Art

‘Schneemann ritualistically stood naked on a table, painted her body with mud until she slowly exracted a paper scroll from her woman's genitals while reading from it.’

In terms of movies I’d say the surrealist film Un Chien Andalou (1929) is pretty messed up as well, cutting eyeballs is cool.

I have more art junk stored in my head but it’s hard to choose what to enter.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 07/01/2008 4:28AM

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

cave story illustration by pixel

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

am i limited to one piece?

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS edited this message on 07/04/2008 11:52PM

CRAFTY-bum-2

Level 1 Re-Re

pic and poem combo:

OH MY DOMINATRIX

HOW I LONG TO FEEL THE STING OF YOUR WHIP

UPON MY LARGE HAIRY bum

if you love it though, dont make it the winner, this character will die sometime soon no doubt

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/214856

Original creator: unknown.

I hate to multipost things, but it *is* brilliant.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 07/01/2008 7:15AM

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Well, I love how the audio and visuals connect in this video, I guess that would qualify as art in a sense (not that I’m a conniseur or expert on such things Log in to see images!). It’s about 4:09, FYI.

An interesting side-note, apparently the whole thing was shot in one take, which IMO is rather impressive considering how much the scenery changes around during the course of the song.

Radiohead:- Knives Out

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I think this is a brilliant contest idea Log in to see images! Something_Witty edited this message on 07/01/2008 9:08AM

FigureWithMe-
at1954

Avatar: 49303 Sat Oct 18 14:30:54 -0400 2008

[watmm]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

zdzislaw beksinski:

all paintings are untitled

it is really impossible for me to choose a favourite painting from this man, so i’ll stop here because otherwise i’ll post hundreds of his paintings/drawings

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

(EDIT: For clarification, my entry is this)

Alex, I’ll take “Lazy fabulous persons who looked at this page” for $500 please. Log in to see images!

Nah, but seriously, I was browsing this page a long time ago because it’s the sort of thing I do and one really caught my eye. It’s called Along the River During Qingming Festival, and the remake, which is here, can’t really be shown here because the image size is 30,000 × 926 pixels (the actual file is here).

The original 5.28-meter long picture “captures the daily life of people from the Song period at the capital Bianjing, today’s Kaifeng.”, and it consists somewhere around of 814 humans, 28 boats, 60 animals, 30 buildings, 20 vehicles, 9 sedan chairs and 170 trees.

The remake is much larger, 11 metres long, and has over 4,000 people in it.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go draw a male reproductive organ in MS paint. Log in to see images! Tesfan edited this message on 07/01/2008 7:05PM

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

4 minutes 36 seconds

true art

http://www.vimeo.com/904768

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Made a clarification in the first post. All is in the edit, nothing in the original post has been changed.

Also, some cool entries so far. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/01/2008 4:24PM

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

scullyangel Posted:

I entry per character.

”Per character”? So if I have a dozen alts I can enter the contest with each one of them? Log in to see images!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Nillo Posted:

”Per character”? So if I have a dozen alts I can enter the contest with each one of them? Log in to see images!

Of course I’d prefer that not happen, just from a time perspective if a lot of the entries end up being clips, but I’m not a mod and have no interest in harbuming someone with alt checking power to verify every entry. CZ made it clear when they chose to remove the voting ratio from lookups that they didn’t want alts revealed unless the player wanted to reveal them. I really don’t want this to turn into a parade of whining and finger pointing (Hey, that’s your alt, someone verify that! Cheater! Blah blah blah.) So, yes, if someone wants to take the time to enter 12 times with 12 alts it’s cheesy, but fine. That might seem to weigh things in favor of those with alts, but really no matter how many entries it’s not going to improve any of their taste or how that taste happens to mesh with my own. Volume is not going to overcome a single quality entry. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/01/2008 2:20PM

TheColderSho-
ulder

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Why poetry doesn’t have to suck.

”Everyday” by Shane Koyczan

TheColderShoulder edited this message on 07/01/2008 5:25PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

zigzagoon Posted:

cave story illustration by pixel

Worst ending in the game. Log in to see images!

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Crinkz Posted:

Worst ending in the game. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!