Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Rules are simple. Make one post with your favorite piece of art. Contest ends this Sunday, July 6th when the new Forumbuildr forum is published. Any entries or edits to entries after that time, will be disqualified. The entry I consider the most interesting/coolest/most beautiful/ugliest/whatever (it’s art, I can’t know why it’s striking until I see it!) gets the 3 BP.

“Art” is open to interpretation. Painting, sculpture, performance clip, film, song, story, poem…whatever. For media I must be able to view, read, or listen to the entire piece in about 5 minutes. (If you want to enter a movie, please find a scene or clip of about 5 minutes.)

Include the name of the piece and artist if possible. (You don’t need to name an artist for film or other obviously collaborative works.)

art n.
   1. Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
   2.    a. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other
         elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the
         beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
         b. The study of these activities.
         c. The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.
   3. High quality of conception or execution, as found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.
   4. A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.

EDIT: Clarifications based on posts and tubmails. If you put more than one picture, song, clip, whatever in your post I will only count the first as your choice. I entry per character. Also, don’t worry – you don’t have to explain it. It’s cool to hear why, and whatever about the piece, but frankly I can’t even remotely begin to explain why I love my favorite paintings. Also, I did say “about 5 minutes”. I don’t want a bunch of 10 minute clips, mainly because if there are a lot, I want to be able to go through them all on my day off, but a little bit over is not a problem.

EDIT #2: The 5 minutes or less has been modified to “about 5 minutes”. If you have already submitted an entry and would like to change it, please feel free to do so as long as it is changed before the new Forumbuildr forum is published. Basically, I don’t want someone to be unable to submit their entry because it’s 5 minutes and 15 seconds when the entire point of the rule is simply to keep things manageable from a viewing perspective.

This change was Mod approved as long as previous entries were allowed to change if they wanted. *spanks* Senor Banhammer! *spanks* Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/02/2008 12:24PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!