Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Rerolling forums - Should something be changed?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

As many of you know Rerolling Forums is used to obtain the maximum amount of Cred from forums with variable thread numbers. Currently 14 threads in MemeBusters is the maximum gives you the most Cred you can get out of 1 visit. But is that a good thing? The constant page hits created by attempting to Reroll MemeBusters or in some cases Wiccapedia must be taking at least a slight toll on the servers and often leads to a great deal of frustration for the player trying to get that max thread number.

On the one hand this could be viewed as the price you pay for trying to get the E-Peen or trying to earn the max Flezz possible. But while it’s one thing to be frustrated by game balance *cough*Trolls*cough* it’s another thing entirely to be frustrated by a situation brought about by the game interface itself.

Are there other options? Should we sacrifice the RP aspect of a random # of threads in those forums for an improvement in player satisfaction such as a Max Possible Threads option in the options tab or removing the variable numbers entirely?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Honestly anyone who is trying to compete for max cred is going to use whatever is the optimal forum thread count possible. Of course that makes for a boring character as you spend time rerolling meme until you get 14 threads 4 times. It generally means you only run other threads when you are prepping to gain one of the new epeens.

I don’t really think it’s a problem but it might make people leave the game in the long term if they get bored grinding every day.

Canadian Kit-
ten

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

It’s a good idea, but should only be available after completing episode 1.

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

The other option is to make entering a forum count against your visits for the day no matter what. However that option was used in the past and apparently people loathed the idea. Of course that would only shift people from doing meme x4 back to doing PP x4 because the average credit gain would be better on PP.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Well, a variable amount of forums is good for people who just want to do the forum, and want to use as little effort as possible, while still pleasing people who want to get a lot of cred.

I know it’s frustrating because, since you and I are both going for the Cred leaderboard…I’ve had some bad weather lately, and couldn’t use my forum visits over the past couple of days, so I have 12 saved up. 4 runs isn’t too bad, but getting 12 runs of 14 forums is going to be a pain.

Still, if I wanted something easier, I could just do the runs at 12-13 forums. I choose to do 14 for optimal cred.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Vuron Posted:

The other option is to make entering a forum count against your visits for the day no matter what. However that option was used in the past and apparently people loathed the idea. Of course that would only shift people from doing meme x4 back to doing PP x4 because the average credit gain would be better on PP.

Well, the problem with that is if you click a bad link, you’re stuck in the forum and have to finish it out.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

speed runners want minimum threads. cred grinders want max. maybe allow a legal brownie purchase that unlocks the ability to set one or the other?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’ve done something to address this since people entering and leaving was being nasty to the server.

The number of threads in a forum is still random, but it only changes once every 30 minutes.

Additionally, the random number of threads is the same for every player on the server.

In other words, leaving and entering a forum will no longer give you an advantage. Leaving it and checking it again in 30 minutes might, but somehow I doubt that will give you the same advantage that it used to Log in to see images!

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Evil Trout Posted:

I’ve done something to address this since people entering and leaving was being nasty to the server.

The number of threads in a forum is still random, but it only changes once every 30 minutes.

Additionally, the random number of threads is the same for every player on the server.

In other words, leaving and entering a forum will no longer give you an advantage. Leaving it and checking it again in 30 minutes might, but somehow I doubt that will give you the same advantage that it used to Log in to see images!

So we just have to wait for the right 30 minute period? That’s just EVIL Log in to see images!

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Definite advantage to people that layabout all day. Thank god I’m one of them.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

This is going to kill the spaders.

But i like it.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

So, when I post the thread: Hey Kids!! 18 Threads in Homicide Girls right now!!, which forum should it go under?

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Marcos El Malo Posted:

So, when I post the thread: Hey Kids!! 18 Threads in Homicide Girls right now!!, which forum should it go under?

Better just crosspost to all the forums in order to make sure it hits the right one…

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Echuu Posted:

This is going to kill the spaders.

But i like it.

Not particularly. Some of my research grinds were made longer than necessary specifically because I had to re-roll to get 4 of the same number of threads. This change provides more positives than negatives for spaders.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Vuron Posted:

Definite advantage to people that layabout all day. Thank god I’m one of them.

I hope the RNG is a bit forgiving, would hate to go on a dry spell of like half a day hoping and hoping for those 14 threadsLog in to see images!

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

Won’t this just lead to way more people pwning Memebusters at the 30 minute period that it’s at 14? And it takes some Trolls about 10 minutes to do the forum meaning that they can only get 3 runs of 14 within that 30 minutes anyway.

Zre

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil Trout Posted:

HOORAY! VERY GOOD NEWS!

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Bigguyinblack Posted:

Won’t this just lead to way more people pwning Memebusters at the 30 minute period that it’s at 14? And it takes some Trolls about 10 minutes to do the forum meaning that they can only get 3 runs of 14 within that 30 minutes anyway.

Honestly how many people are really grinding meme at 14 threads x4 each day? Even counting alts for some people it really doesn’t seem like more than 50-100 accounts that are really hammering memebusters.

Further the time limit will discourage people from saving up 12 visits in order to do 12x meme as it seems virtually impossible to expend 12 visits on meme in a 30 minute period. However based on being able to run it 10 times with 2 characters this morning I’d say 4-8 runs seems pretty doable for most players. Troll will probably be sucking it up but what else is new…

If anything this will likely encourage most of the cred leaders to move back to PP unless they are willing to camp until 14 thread meme loads. Yeah that means some people will lose ground to others but cie la vie.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Evil Trout Posted:

Oh yeah, 30 minutes of GUARANTEED 14 forums in Memebusters, that everyone will be waiting to pounce on. That’s a real disadvantage. Log in to see images!

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

Or not. Last night some members were reporting 14 threads but when I tried there were only 11. Still some bugs in the system.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!