Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pr0n Gasoline

SLAVE-JEWESS

Level 18 Camwhore

The Chosen Two

Ira

You can’t take away our American whining.

It’s what we’re good at

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Irascible Posted:

Gas isn’t that bad. Stop whining. Look at the prices in Europe, Amerifabulous person. You are still 2 dollars below the average for them! Quit your yammering and grow a pair, you have just been so damned lucky for the last couple years that you don’t notice the ****hole the rest of the world lives in.

yeah, but what’s the minimum wage on that side of the pond? here the federal one is $5.85/hour. it was $5.15 for a long time before that. states can set theirs higher than that, but a lot choose not to. and any labor where you can get tips the minimum wage is $2.13/hour. so basically we only earn maybe a gallon and a half of gas an hour. and considering more americans are driving SUVs these days that only get about .5 miles per gallon…..

also, our country is bigger, cities are spaced out more, and as a result many of us have to drive more. i live about 8 miles from the city i work in, and uphill from it as well. my girlfriend lives 6 miles away from me in a different direction, in which i have to go up and down hills no matter which direction i come from. hills cause lots of wear and tear on vehicles. i’m not talking about any sort of small hills here.

Everybodyknows edited this message on 04/09/2008 2:24AM

Dark_Angle666

Level 5 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

hi, this community seems awesome, who are you guys?Log in to see images!

Korn-Nazi

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

TheAlbatross Posted:

As you know, gas prices are absolutely rediculous. Im not all that educated about the subject but is there any way prices will come down? Someone i know suggested drilling in Alaska. Is that feasible?

The krazy PETA people won’t let us drill in Alaska cause it interrupts the migration of the native caribu.

SLAVE-JEWESS

Level 18 Camwhore

The Chosen Two

Damn peta jews

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

SLAVE-JEWESS Posted:

Damn peta jews

i take offense to this statement (i’m a dirty jew)

Just_Cy

[Wrecking Queens]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Everybodyknows Posted:

and considering more americans are driving SUVs these days that only get about .5 miles per gallon…..

Yeah, those SUV owners should be the last persons ever to complain! I mean who told them to get those SUVs in the first place. And if they don’t like spending so much money on gas, they could give themselves (and the environment) a favour and sell the SUV. I’m quite sure that with the money they get from selling it, they could be able to buy some used and less consuming vehicle. (Sorry if I offended any SUV owners.. but not really).

And btw. the minimum wage stuff doesn’t always apply either. Still a year ago (with current gas prices) I was making “a bit less than a gallon per hour”, which was actually more than many some of my co-workers made. Currently I’m making 1.25 gallons per hour. Not much, but the job gives me other liberties… And for example in tele-harbuming, and maybe in some other professions as well, there is no minimum wage laws in this Euro-country.

Apart from not wanting to hear any whining from SUV owners, I’m not really complaining. I don’t own a car and here you actually have quite an OK public transportation system (at least if you don’t happen to live in the country-side). I also believe that since I try to go everywhere by foot, or at times by bike, I’m in much better shape than I would be, if I had ever bought a car. Sure, I understand that for some the distances to work or to wherever may be such that a car is necessary and well… that just sucks. And in that case, if your car is not an SUV (or another comparable gas hog), feel free to complain. I don’t mind…

Just_Cy edited this message on 04/09/2008 12:34PM

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Irascible Posted:

Gas isn’t that bad. Stop whining. Look at the prices in Europe, Amerifabulous person. You are still 2 dollars below the average for them! Quit your yammering and grow a pair, you have just been so damned lucky for the last couple years that you don’t notice the ****hole the rest of the world lives in.

If it’s such a ****hole, MOVE!!!

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

evilhamster, I think it’s worth saying that when you post in this forum, I have a hard time telling whether or not you are being sarcastic. That says something about the content of your posts.

oDrew

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

The problem with SUV drivers is that they typically have enough money to not care about how much gasoline costs.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Just_Cy Posted:

Yeah, those SUV owners should be the last persons ever to complain! I mean who told them to get those SUVs in the first place. And if they don’t like spending so much money on gas, they could give themselves (and the environment) a favour and sell the SUV. I’m quite sure that with the money they get from selling it, they could be able to buy some used and less consuming vehicle. (Sorry if I offended any SUV owners.. but not really).

And btw. the minimum wage stuff doesn’t always apply either. Still a year ago (with current gas prices) I was making “a bit less than a gallon per hour”, which was actually more than many some of my co-workers made. Currently I’m making 1.25 gallons per hour. Not much, but the job gives me other liberties… And for example in tele-harbuming, and maybe in some other professions as well, there is no minimum wage laws in this Euro-country.

Apart from not wanting to hear any whining from SUV owners, I’m not really complaining. I don’t own a car and here you actually have quite an OK public transportation system (at least if you don’t happen to live in the country-side). I also believe that since I try to go everywhere by foot, or at times by bike, I’m in much better shape than I would be, if I had ever bought a car. Sure, I understand that for some the distances to work or to wherever may be such that a car is necessary and well… that just sucks. And in that case, if your car is not an SUV (or another comparable gas hog), feel free to complain. I don’t mind…

yeah, fortunately i drive a sedan that gets about 30 miles a gallon. unfortunately i’m not wealthy enough that gas prices are **** money to me. and yeah, my basic point is that in Europe there are more options than driving that are actually feasible. the public transport system sucks here outside of the major cities, and even then some places it’s pretty bad. i’d kill to be able to just take a pbumenger train from new york to california, but it’s just not gonna happen since long distance pbumenger trains are mostly dead here.

i hate SUVs based solely on the fact that most of the people who drive them will never use them for what they were built for, off-roading. they’ve just come to replace vans/minivans for some godawful reason, when vans/minivans get the job done and consume less gas.

i only mentioned the minimum wage because i honestly had no idea what the minimum wages are like over there.

Everybodyknows edited this message on 04/10/2008 12:16AM

KellySunshine

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

BirdofPrey Posted:

i take offense to this statement (i’m a dirty jew)

That explains the instant dislike I felt for you. :-)

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Bubo Posted:

Altazimuth hits closer to home than you do. Yes, there are alternatives out there, and for 99% of the points they are much better than oil. However, they aren’t cheaper than oil (yet). Until oil prices rise to the point where they overshoot the alternatives for a significant period of time, we won’t see a mbum-shift in fuel choice.

Now, I’d prefer the alternatives myself, but keep in mind with electric cars (including hybrids) that the batteries still use Nickel. Lots and lots and lots of nickel, which is a poisonous pollutant. I’ve read about a plant up north (I believe it was in Canada, but don’t quote me) where the land around the plant is so dead Hollywood uses it for “Other Planet” scenes.

Well at least someone got it right.

There’s really more than one question everyone here is discussing. The original question asked is, “Where the price of gasoline come down?”

Now, unless he were to have worded it differently in a significant way, the original question still remains to be successfully answered in this thread.

Crude Oil = 42 gallons/barrel

46% of Crude Oil goes into Refined Gasoline, or 1 Barrel yields 19.6 gallons of finished motor gasoline

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

The bottom quote is found out at this link.

The break-even price is the first thing oil companies establish in order to determine if drilling a new well makes financial sense. From the break even price, profitability can easily be determined with the following formula:

Profitability =

(Price of Oil – Break Even Price) / Break Even Price

For example with oil at $100 and a break even price of $50, profitability is 100%. But with oil at $60 and the same break even price, profitability drops to 20%

By dialing their target profitability first, oil companies then determine if a new drilling project is feasible. Needless to say, with oil retailing now at $100, more wells will be drilled in deeper, harder to reach places than were previously profitable.

The following table provided by the Bank of Kuwait gathers current reported break-even prices of major oil producing nations:

Based on the formula, profitability of these countries’ oil operations are in order:

(If you noticed or haven’t noticed, I created screenshots of the two graphs instead of just copying/pasting them.)

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

That however, only answers one part of the question: the price of oil is determined by profitability (which should be a no-brainer anyways, any company with even the slightest bit of common sense is always going to want to profit)-AKA supply; the other side is demand.

Fact of the matter is, there is becoming a high dependency on oil in every day life. It doesn’t just affect what you pay at the pump. The entire world now depends on oil. The food you buy every week, they have to be transported somehow. Right? I mean, c’mon: you don’t get your food magically! Even the farmers are affected by oil, seeing that’s how they fuel their machinery. Same is true about clothing, video games, toys, you name it. Our entire military depends on oil, too.

But now another variable has entered the demand of oil: China. Now that China has become more submerged in the world, a bigger fish in such a small world, there is bound to be an influx of oil prices since more people in China are going to be using oil, just as much as America.

So to lower the price of oil, you must first make it more profitable per barrel produced. It’s not going to happen, anymore. Realistically, the break-even prices across the world are going to in a matter of years increase significantly. Why might that be? Because in some years (contrary to what the oil companies, governments, and even environmentalists tell you) down the road, oil is going to have run out. Even if we start drilling in Alaska and off Florida, prices are not going to drop in the long-term.

Also, most oil fields are owned by dictators (Hugo Chavez) or by states that hate the Western world but don’t mind profiting off our “sins” (Saudi Arabia).

Now then, that question is finally answered: IT SIMPLY IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! No matter how you look at it, prices are not going to drop-not this time. One way or another, this is the end of one of the most powerful eras in history and as what has happened will occur again: an evolutionary cycle. Good or bad, it’ll happen.

TheAlbatross

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

evilhamster Posted:

Hydrogen won’t work. Hydrogen is not an energy source, it is a means to store energy. In other words, we will buy oil to burn to make the hydrogen in the first place. But hey- your CAR won’t be polluting, just the factories that make the hydrogen.

Even if it is just an energy carrier, it would still decrease CO2 emissions overall. Its nothing we could use for a short term fix cuz its expensive but eventually it will become readily available. Kinda like VCRs. When they first came out they were what, like $200? And now you can get one at any cheapo depot. As technology becomes more available i think it could help.

Dove

Level 2 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

Sancdar Posted:

You’re buddies with Bush?

My neighbors car cost me 40 bucks to gas up. I hate America.

Dove edited this message on 04/10/2008 10:24PM

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Just in case you are curious where all your gas money is going:

http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin23dubai.htm

Yes, I know it’s a tl;dr, but you can just scroll down and look at the pictures to get the idea.

Miles

Level 15 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Korn-Nazi Posted:

The krazy PETA people won’t let us drill in Alaska cause it interrupts the migration of the native caribu.

**** caribou.

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

evilhamster Posted:

Just in case you are curious where all your gas money is going:

http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin23dubai.htm

Yes, I know it’s a tl;dr, but you can just scroll down and look at the pictures to get the idea.

Um, what is that site? a dance school? I mean, yes, the UAE and bumociated other oil countries are pretty slimy, but I’d want other sources for that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!