Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell ITT: Fat ppl get MAD

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Well not really “ITT”. It’s actually here where fat people are getting angry: http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/dating-blog/overweight-couples-on-television In this article some anorexic whore slams fat people and gets her bum handed to her by pretty much everyone, fat or not, in the comments section below. Join the fun before the article gets removed!

Also: wtf is a “heroine addict”? Log in to see images!

“To be brutally honest, even in real life, I find it aesthetically displeasing to watch a very, very fat person simply walk across a room.”

Is bob back yet?

Bacchus was banned for this post by Catt although

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Honest to God where the hell is this “America’s unhealthy obsession with physical perfection” that everyone keeps talking about? If anything what is unhealthy is that we’ve come to accept, no, even be proud of, our obesity epidemic.

I’m mad about that article. The part that made me mad is the apology to fat people she printed afterwards.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I agree that Americans have become FAR too comfortable with how fat we, as a whole, are these days. But for a well-known publication geared towards women, such as Marie Claire, who has long been known to respect and accept women of ALL shapes and sizes, to allow this article to be published on its blog, well, it’s just unfathomable. What kind of message is that sending to their readers? “Oh, you fat ladies were okay before but eh, we’re kinda tired of you now. Go away plzkthx”.

Also: Imagine the fallout if this “writer” (using that term v loosely here) were to write this same article, but made it about how disgusting she found black people to be? She and her editor(s) would be looking for new jobs, if they weren’t shot in the streets.

GGG_Ace

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Where’s Bob? I thought this thread was about him. Log in to see images!

GGG_Ace was banned for this post by Catt although

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I love how the tag on the top says “Overweight Couples on Television” and the heading pretty much throws away any idea of polictical correctness by saying “Should fatties get a room”.

Fingerz Posted:

I agree that Americans have become FAR too comfortable with how fat we, as a whole, are these days. But for a well-known publication geared towards women, such as Marie Claire, who has long been known to respect and accept women of ALL shapes and sizes, to allow this article to be published on its blog, well, it’s just unfathomable. What kind of message is that sending to their readers? “Oh, you fat ladies were okay before but eh, we’re kinda tired of you now. Go away plzkthx”.

Also: Imagine the fallout if this “writer” (using that term v loosely here) were to write this same article, but made it about how disgusting she found black people to be? She and her editor(s) would be looking for new jobs, if they weren’t shot in the streets.

Fat people and black people are not the same thing. One is an unhealthy result of poor choices, the other is being an African. (yes I’m well aware of the genetic predisposition some people have and many many claim to have toward obesity)

The article was crbum and the author a moron for writing it to that audience. I’m with male reproductive organFACEPANTS, though, going all Barney the Dinosaur and pretending everyone is beautiful “in their own way” is turning us into pansy bum fatties.

Bacchus edited this message on 10/26/2010 8:08PM

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

HAHAHA THE COMMENTS ARE THE BEST PART

Some fat lady Posted:

”I’m not some size-ist jerk.” Oh, yes you are. I am a fat woman and I am healthy (according to my doctor!). I’m healthier than most of the skinny people I know. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs, I don’t ingest caffeine or eat processed foods. I exercise daily. I have a normal cholesterol and blood pressure level. Yet, I’m fat. I’m 5’9” and I’m 210 pounds. I’m genetically fat because of my many reproductive issues including endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. Am I not deserving of love? Thank God my husband doesn’t mind that I have curves! I’m also a working actress. Why can’t people like you understand that people who are fat can still be attractive? Is THE ONE SHOW on television that has fat actors on it not allowed to air because you and other size-ist people think it’s disgusting? If you were making these same comments about a show that portrays two LGBT people or two people of different races falling in love and kissing, you would be fired. Immediately. Without question. I can’t believe that this was approved by your editor. It’s hate. Pure and simple. Go eat a cupcake, you crazy person.

Joseph of Suburbia Posted:

HAHAHA THE COMMENTS ARE THE BEST PART

Damnit. Can’t bring them up now. I was reading them earlier. Log in to see images!

Joseph of Suburbia Posted:

Some Fat Lady Posted:

Go eat a cupcake you crazy person

oopsie mispost

Bacchus edited this message on 10/26/2010 8:08PM

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Oh dang now I want cupcakes.

I love how she posted an “apology” by means of an edit at the end of the original “article”. If she were truly sorry for the insensitive things she said in her poorly-written article, she’d have deleted it, or asked her editor or the guys in IT to delete it if she was truly incapable of doing so (she claimed somewhere that she couldn’t remove it from the site herself). I can’t believe that NOBODY at Marie Claire seems to recognize the seriousness of this situation. I mean, it’s been picked up by mainstream news outlets already. WTF. MC can kiss their advertising moneyz goodbye.

fembot_

Avatar: 228325 2010-10-14 02:40:07 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 55 Camwhore

Somehow managed to lower the intelligence level of IDC

I’ve been trying to avoid replying to this thread, but I can’t help myself anymore. To be completely honest, I do think it’s a terribly insensitive article. And as far as what Bacchus said, about letting the overweight go uncriticized leading to complacency on the subject- I don’t think that’s really going to happen.

People can/will cite a number of medical conditions that “cause” their obesity (like polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis) but cushing’s disease aside, the most common MEDICAL cause of obesity is depression. The last thing that’s going to motivate an overweight individual to better their health is mockery and loathing.

My personal feelings on whether or not “fatties should get a room”...no.

So anyway, yes, I think I’d be grossed out if I had to watch two characters with rolls and rolls of fat kissing each other … because I’d be grossed out if I had to watch them doing anything. To be brutally honest, even in real life, I find it aesthetically displeasing to watch a very, very fat person simply walk across a room — just like I’d find it distressing if I saw a very drunk person stumbling across a bar or a heroine addict slumping in a chair.

None of this grosses me out. When I personally know the people, it may make me a bit sad, or may make me want to help them, but saying that things like obesity (which no matter how you look at it IS at its core a medical issue) need to be kept behind closed doors is like saying we ought to ignore everything from eczema to cerebral palsy as well. It’s total crap to believe that allowing obese people to be broadcast on television or in advertisements is going to make people think it’s “okay” to be fat. I don’t know one overweight person that truly wants to stay that way. If the person that wrote this article really wanted to do something about the obesity epidemic, they should be writing their congressmen about teaching nutrition and exercise (not the watered down 10 minute version we have now) in public schools, not sitting on their bum bawwwing on the internet.

My family covers both extremes- I have very obese relatives and relatives that are fitness nuts. When people make a big damned deal out of calling someone out as fat, making an insult out of it, I do get angry. Not because I’m fat, but because there are lots of people I love that are. And they’re no less valuable as human beings because of their size.

Oh, btw, Fingerz, I think a heroine addict is one of those people that compulsively watches old episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Canape

Avatar: 232250 2011-11-01 00:04:56 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Why is people getting banned just because they say Bob is fat?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Canape Posted:

Why is people getting banned just because they say Bob is fat?

Because this is Civil Discussion and insulting users is considered trolling.

Canape

Avatar: 232250 2011-11-01 00:04:56 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

spacekadt Posted:

Because this is Civil Discussion and insulting users is considered trolling.

Ah ok.

Thanks space Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

because bob is very sensitive about his fat bum.

CrinkzPipe was banned for this post by Catt although

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

So ANYWAY.

The author of the article is a confessed anorexic, who’s in her 30s and has never been in love. Who’s surprised by any of this?

fembot_

Avatar: 228325 2010-10-14 02:40:07 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 55 Camwhore

Somehow managed to lower the intelligence level of IDC

Fingerz Posted:

So ANYWAY.

The author of the article is a confessed anorexic, who’s in her 30s and has never been in love. Who’s surprised by any of this?

She’s got a very similar psychological problem to those that are very obese (many of them anyway). In that case, I feel bad for her. Log in to see images!

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Fingerz Posted:

So ANYWAY.

I am almost exactly 30. Have had no more or no less love issues than most people, and I’m healthy (by that I mean I am neither fat nor skinny by normal standards).

And yet if I worked for MC and you asked me to write an article about that show, I probably would have chosen my words better, but would have written it with the same ideas and gist.

I don’t see what the big deal. Is it because such an article was written, or is it because such an article was written on Marie Claire? Because as far as I’m concerned where its printed or the nature of the audience has no bearing on the truth in it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!