Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell [CLOSED] A Non-Hypothetical Situation

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

After the success of my last thread, I bring you a true story.

Say for instance a man (we shall call him megazeroexe) commited a bannable offence, such as finding the address of a moderator (we shall call him Catt Although) and subsequently sharing the information in a thread. None of these people wanted to harm Catt Although, but none the less megazeroexe has committed a bannable offence and is banned. megazeroexe does his time and is taken off his ban and is enjoying his time unbanned once again.

Later on, one of the people megazeroexe told in the thread decides to send Catt Although memo notes with the words “STOP CLOSING MY THREADS!!!! – NERD OF POWERS”.

Who do you think should be banned, if anybody? And why?

Edit: ah bbcode we meet again.
cya edited this message on 09/04/2010 10:04PM

thew00

Avatar: 51460 2010-11-03 22:07:34 -0400

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

IM SUCH A fabulous person. I JUST WISH I WAS COOL BUT IM GERMAN. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH

Chawin Posted:

”STOP CLOSING MY THREADS!!!! – NERD OF POWERS”.

Didn’t that just say “STOP BANNING ME! – TNOP” a while ago?

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

thew00 Posted:

Didn’t that just say “STOP BANNING ME! – TNOP” a while ago?

This read is under maintenance and is undergoing heavy editing right now.

thew00

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

IM SUCH A fabulous person. I JUST WISH I WAS COOL BUT IM GERMAN. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH

Chawin Posted:

This read is under maintenance and is undergoing heavy editing right now.

I’ll just leave this here for now

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Nerd o powa because he’s ****ing annoying

thew00

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Nerd o powa because he’s ****ing annoying

i also second that opinion

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Chawin Posted:

Say for instance a man (we shall call him megazeroexe) commited a bannable offence, such as finding the address of a moderator (we shall call him Catt Although) and subsequently sharing the information in a thread. None of these people wanted to harm Catt Although, but none the less megazeroexe has committed a bannable offence and is banned. megazeroexe does his time and is taken off his ban and is enjoying his time unbanned once again.

Later on, one of the people megazeroexe told in the thread decides to send Catt Although memo notes with the words “STOP CLOSING MY THREADS!!!! – NERD OF POWERS”.

Who do you think should be banned, if anybody? And why?

Edit: ah bbcode we meet again.

I already told you the answer – m0x should be rebanned since he acted as his own counsel and was not able to talk his way out of the ban so he is incompetent. Whoever used the information to send stupid notes to Catt should be beaten to death but not banned.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

in this situation, i think the person sending the memo notes should be banned, because that’s “i know where you live” creepy. posting someone’s address is p ****ed up (and creepy in the same way); i’m glad the mods take it seriously.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

google wtf is this omg

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Since it’s out there, yes, this is why m0x got re-banned. The extent of the information shared warranted a perma, imo – especially since it was a mod that was at the center of it. (For the record, that extent of info would lead me to perma anyone that did it regardless of who the subject was.)

If I knew who sent it, they’d get banned too. Unfortunately, I don’t know who did it.

To say that spacekadt’s name is John Jones is so very incredibly different from saying spacekadt’s name is John Jones and works at (company and full address) and lives at (full address), oh, and here’s the phone number and everything else under the sun.

At that point, it’s not a game. It’s not funny. And it’s not at all ok. When someone uses that information in any way, shape or form, both parties deserve equal punishment.

If m0x thinks I acted unfairly, he knows how to appeal.

What you’re saying is that you plan to send a note to Catt in NoP’s name. (and lying about the last thread being a success)

Genius.

I don’t really understand the rebanning of m0x if the issue was dealt with satisfactorily somehow and he was unbanned already. (presumably with the ok from Catt)

Bacchus Posted:

I don’t really understand the rebanning of m0x if the issue was dealt with satisfactorily somehow and he was unbanned already. (presumably with the ok from Catt)

To be clear, I don’t care. Really that’s Catt’s call as far as I’m concerned. Unban Chelmy, though. Log in to see images!

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

I know who sent the notes and it wasn’t megazeroexe.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

My point is that megazeroexe has already has his ban for sharing the information, why should he be banned again for something he didn’t do.

With a few google searches I found out the information just as easily and I’m sure anyone with the remotest bit of intelligence on Flamebate could do the same

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Chawin Posted:

My point is that megazeroexe has already has his ban for sharing the information, why should he be banned again for something he didn’t do.

With a few google searches I found out the information just as easily and I’m sure anyone with the remotest bit of intelligence on Flamebate could do the same

You’re expecting Flamebate to work like the real world. That’s your first mistake.

However, in an attempt to give a least a mildly viable analogy, here goes.

A customer walks into a store. He slips on a patch of wet floor and breaks his leg. There was no ‘Wet Floor’ sign posted. The janitor in charge has been properly trained, and has never made this kind of error before. Who do you think the customer is going to sue? The janitor, or the owner?

Even though the owner did nothing wrong, he’ll still be held accountable. This was part of the risks he took when he opened a store in the first place. He bumumed those risks when he started the business.

m0x, in a similar vein, bumumed certain risks when he crossed the line and posted detailed personal information on this site. If additional infractions occur because of a previous infractions, then additional consequences are also possible, and highly likely.

The fact that someone could obtain the same information if they looked hard enough isn’t relevant.

Chawin Posted:

And I’m not sure what you meant by ‘success’ in your last thread. The only possibly relevant answer was regarding the people in charge of the WPP, in that they should have moved ‘John’ to a new address. The only way that works as an analogy to this situation is if it were possible for Catt to change his/her personal information… which is ridiculous.

Even man-man’s comment about ”Dave already did time for revealing John’s location, so he can’t be done for that again” isn’t specifically relevant, since m0x was technically on ‘probation’, and if you want to use real-world analogies, being on probation and having that status changed isn’t the same as being re-tried or re-punished for the original crime. m0x could have (and probably should have) been permabanned at the original offense back in May.

m0x was living on borrowed time, whether he knew it or not.

Edit: m0x was permabanned back in May, but we revised his status. So, it was basically a commuted sentence, which doesn’t mean it’s overturned.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 09/05/2010 8:51AM

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Words

I hope you realise your analogy is even stupider than mine?

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Chawin Posted:

I hope you realise your analogy is even stupider than mine?

I’m glad you realize how ridiculous yours was in the first place. You asked why someone could be held accountable for something they were not directly responsible for. You received a valid answer.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I’m glad you realize how ridiculous yours was in the first place. You asked why someone could be held accountable for something they were not directly responsible for. You received a valid answer.

Valid doesn’t mean it’s good.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

I would also like to ask why megazeroexe’s ban reason was withheld from the community?

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Chawin Posted:

I would also like to ask why megazeroexe’s ban reason was withheld from the community?

this

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!