Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell A Hypothetical Situation

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Say for instance a man (we shall call him Dave) committed a crime, such as finding the address of someone in the witness protection program (we shall call him John) and subsequently sharing the information with a few people at a party. None of these people want to harm John, but none the less Dave has committed a crime and is sent to jail. Dave does his time and is released from jail and is enjoying his time free once again.

Later on, one of the people Dave told at the party decides to send John a letter with the words “hey lol”.

Who do you think should be arrested, if anybody? And why?

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Chawin Posted:

Who do you think should be arrested, if anybody? And why?

The lawyer who defended Dave and let him go to jail for something that isn’t a crime.

The guy who wrote a letter saying “hey lol” should be beaten to death but not arrested.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Fiasco Posted:

The lawyer who defended Dave and let him go to jail for something that isn’t a crime.

The guy who wrote a letter saying “hey lol” should be beaten to death but not arrested.

This is a hypothetical world where the law thinks that this is a crime.

What if nobody knew who sent the letter?

You’re making up the rules of this new world as you go. There can be no answer that you can’t negate with a new rule change.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Bacchus Posted:

You’re making up the rules of this new world as you go. There can be no answer that you can’t negate with a new rule change.

I’m definitely sure you don’t get this.

Chawin Posted:

I’m definitely sure you don’t get this.

Me, too. It’s still pretty very special. Log in to see images!

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Bacchus Posted:

Me, too. It’s still pretty very special. Log in to see images!

It’s only as very special as the person who’s reading it.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

if the authorities knew that Dave revealed the address of John (and they did, because Dave went to jail for it) then it would be their fault for not moving John to a new address, since they were aware his location was no longer secret. so, if someone has to go to jail, it’d be the stupid people in charge of the witness protection program.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Given that the laws in your hypothetical scenario are different, the answer could be everyone or no-one.

Maybe not sending letters saying “hey lol” to people on the WPP is a crime, in which case everyone aside from that guy should be arrested.

More logical, is that Dave already did time for revealing John’s location, so he can’t be done for that again (unless the laws of Imaginaryville allow that) and sending someone a letter isn’t a crime (unless… again, Imaginaryville has laws about that) so no crime has been committed.

Like wtfmcnuggets said, having jailed the guy who revealed their secret, the WPP are pretty ****ing negligent for leaving the guy in the same place. If anyone’s at fault it’s them.

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

And if a killer put a knife to my throat and said “have sex with your mother or I’m gonna kill your father while having sex with you”, I would have sex with myself.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!