Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell [CLOSED] A Non-Hypothetical Situation

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I think this is some very serious business and it should be sniped only after careful deliberation.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

However, in an attempt to give a least a mildly viable analogy, here goes.

A customer walks into a store. He slips on a patch of wet floor and breaks his leg. There was no ‘Wet Floor’ sign posted. The janitor in charge has been properly trained, and has never made this kind of error before. Who do you think the customer is going to sue? The janitor, or the owner?

Even though the owner did nothing wrong, he’ll still be held accountable. This was part of the risks he took when he opened a store in the first place. He bumumed those risks when he started the business.

m0x, in a similar vein, bumumed certain risks when he crossed the line and posted detailed personal information on this site. If additional infractions occur because of a previous infractions, then additional consequences are also possible, and highly likely.

More like if the janitor caught some 10 year old peeing on the floor and beat the living **** out of him. He might be brought back form a suspension with extremely probationary status (not likely, but about as likely as a permabanned player being brought back), but at the first hint of a lawsuit or any public knowledge that would cost money and customers — he’d be fired. Regardless of whether there was any further wrongdoing or not. The company must protect itself from seeming to condone the action.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Bacchus Posted:

More like if the janitor caught some 10 year old peeing on the floor and beat the living **** out of him. He might be brought back form a suspension with extremely probationary status (not likely, but about as likely as a permabanned player being brought back), but at the first hint of a lawsuit or any public knowledge that would cost money and customers — he’d be fired. Regardless of whether there was any further wrongdoing or not. The company must protect itself from seeming to condone the action.

Pretty much this. Exactly.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

Bacchus Posted:

To be clear, I don’t care. Really that’s Catt’s call as far as I’m concerned. Unban Chelmy, though. Log in to see images!

I was just starting to respect you. What’s with this hard-on you’ve got for chimney and NoP all of the sudden?

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

swine Posted:

I was just starting to respect you. What’s with this hard-on you’ve got for chimney and NoP all of the sudden?

He’s all about quantity over quality. He likes that they post tons of **** because there’s tons of it.

thew00

Avatar: 51460 2010-11-03 22:07:34 -0400

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

IM SUCH A fabulous person. I JUST WISH I WAS COOL BUT IM GERMAN. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

He’s all about quantity over quality. He likes that they post tons of **** because there’s tons of it.

2 tons of rotten **** don’t make up for 1 nugget of golden ****

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Is beating someone to death completely off the table? Because I’m willing to do it to pretty much anyone involved. Except Catt – Catt is just fine in my books.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

You don’t know that m0x did it. This is a pretty important point!

Completely aside from the fact that you are condemning him based on cirgreat timesstantial evidence, there is some serious undermining going on here. Quite serious. The most serious.

The first time he was perma’d, it was for posting personal info. Posting personal info. And he got banned. Why did he get banned, along with the removal of said information? So it wasn’t spread around.

Fast forward to now: someone sends catt a post it note. This is exactly the kind of scenario you are looking to avoid when you say personal information is against the rules. So far, so good. But then, you go and ban m0x anyway. Ban m0x. m0x. If you are just going to ban him, why does it even matter what personal info m0x posted? Once its posted apparently anyone can use it, but m0x gets to be scapegoat for the ban.

Either this ban is stupid and should be removed, or the first ban was implemented in error. In which case: he never should have been perma’d in the first place, wasn’t on tenuous ground when he came back, and is now facing an unfairly long ban.
fnord

swine Posted:

NoP is a child, it’s kinda fun to read his attempts at English but I really wouldn’t miss him.

Hard on is for Chelmey. He trolled the **** out of these whiny bum ****es and they simply couldn’t take it. I find it ****ing hilarious. “it’s not trolling! whaaaa!! whaaa!!” Yeah, what the **** ever. Like if you can come up with some other word it somehow isn’t doing exactly what the whole damn point of the place is. ****ing you off. The whiners where too stupid to out troll him back or just shut the **** up about it. So they run to Momma Catt and she picks favorites. Sad, hilariously sad.

I liked m0x but Forumwarz can’t allow any possibility that they appear to condone or even accept private info posting. He shouldn’t have been unbanned, gtfover it.

/Serious post

thew00 Posted:

2 tons of rotten **** don’t make up for 1 nugget of golden ****

Can I get a link to your golden **** post? I seem to have missed it.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Bacchus Posted:

NoP is a child, it’s kinda fun to read his attempts at English but I really wouldn’t miss him.

lmbao

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Bacchus Posted:

trolled the **** out of these whiny bum ****es and they simply couldn’t take it. I find it ****ing hilarious. “it’s not trolling! whaaaa!! whaaa!!” Yeah, what the **** ever. ****ing you off. The whiners where too stupid to out troll him back or just shut the **** up about it.

Bacchus Posted:

I liked m0x but Forumwarz can’t allow any possibility that they appear to condone or even accept private info posting. He shouldn’t have been unbanned, gtfover it.

Oh no I don’t like catt, but god help anyone who even attempts to do him any harm.

I see.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Blah blah blah

Flamebate =/= real world – This is fine with me whatever.

The rest of that, including your analogy, was some straight up nonsense, with relevance ranging from zero to none.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

I HATE YOUR GUTS Posted:

with relevance ranging from zero to none.

Which you would think is not a very large range, but oh how cid can fill it up.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Since when was offsite harbumment a bannable offense?

thew00

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

IM SUCH A fabulous person. I JUST WISH I WAS COOL BUT IM GERMAN. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH

Bacchus Posted:

Can I get a link to your golden **** post? I seem to have missed it.

ur missing the point

Bacchus Posted:

Hard on is for Chelmey. He trolled the **** out of these whiny bum ****es and they simply couldn’t take it. I find it ****ing hilarious. “it’s not trolling! whaaaa!! whaaa!!” Yeah, what the **** ever. Like if you can come up with some other word it somehow isn’t doing exactly what the whole damn point of the place is. ****ing you off.

Since when was spamming trolling?

And no, he didn’t **** me(/us?) off, he was just annoying.

Imagine a little kid continously yelling throughout the day, yea, it was kinda like that.

Bacchus Posted:

The whiners where too stupid to out troll him back or just shut the **** up about it. So they run to Momma Catt and she picks favorites. Sad, hilariously sad.

And what do you do when little kids annoy you? yupp, you ignore them. They just want attention and Chelmey was indifferent in this situation (Funny thing is, he even admitted to it).

And since all the ignoring won’t do any good, then I’m glad Catt did some cleanup work. Atleast it’s one less stain in this forum (What she did is called doing your job as a mod, fyi)

When we try to (in your words) ‘troll’ him back, we’d just give him what he’d want & I’m sure as hell not going to be his replacement Parent since he apparently does not get enough love and/or attention at home

thew00 edited this message on 09/05/2010 6:50PM

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

thew00 Posted:

My point.

Thanks. Log in to see images!

thew00

[Dom Jihad]

Level 65 Hacker

Bacchus Posted:

Thanks. Log in to see images!

now that wasn’t even clever

nvm w00.

Count_Smurf

Avatar: 238805 2010-08-19 21:36:46 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Alright. Since people here love imaginary scenarios, I’ll cook one up myself.

Imagine, if you will, a new player joins this excellent and educational community (remember to use your imagination, folks) and try their hand at trolling. Catt bans them repeatedly for being a raging male reproductive organ-mongler of the worst kind and this new player just doesn’t ‘get’ it and get’s very angry over his bannings. New player is a /b/-tard and thinks ‘get docs’ or some dumb anon type **** and Googles the ever-loving **** out of Catt Although. Ta-****ing-da! Personal Information glaore! New player then decides to say **** the line, I’m running a marathon in this ****, and sends some notes to Catt. Now, new player isn’t completely ****ing very special, so he (obv, chicks usually don’t get this damn obsessed, plus no chicks blah blah blah) makes the notes about another ****-bucket from the site. The point of the creepy is to make Catt paranoid as all **** and stop banning anyone, including our almost sentient protagonist, out of the creepy fear he hoped to instill with some post-it notes, because what’s ****ing scarier than a post-it note? A run-on sentence of extra-medium proportions?

Now, I’m not saying I know the first bit of truth behind m0x’s banning, but I am saying that there’s too much of a possibility that m0x had nothing to do with the sender and this is all just a knee-jerk reaction by the mods. Seriously, I don’t know anything not already stated in this thread, I just wanted to illustrate a point that’s been overlooked or just brushed away seemingly without consideration.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!