Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Srs Bsns Swastikas.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

­I feel that those posts were completely civil and constructive, there shouldn’t have been any bans at all. This game asks if you’re easily offended, then goes on to say ‘fine upstanding member of society’ and ‘fabulous person’ (among other things) over the course of the game; Yet when someone posts a thread about swastikas, anyone who posted on topic caught a ban. If it really offends you, that sucks, but you saw the thread title before even clicking on it. That’s on you.

So let’s get into another scenario, let’s just say “Okay, fine, but there were no swastikas in the game’s script.” You’re probably right on that one, but what if I wanted to make a thread that asked people to post whenever the game’s script said ‘fine upstanding member of society’, would that be acceptable? It’s game discussion, right?

Whatever, this is tl;dr anyways.

bumonz

Avatar: 209389 2009-10-11 13:06:38 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Silly Puppy

Just putting that out there.

Buttonz edited this message on 07/30/2010 10:22PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

If a mod has to ban three different people in a row, said mod should really think twice about if giving out bans at all is the right idea.

Topic should have been moved to GRP minimum.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

There are many “posts” on the game forums that would be against the rules in CD.

I think I’m done replying on this subject. If you can’t understand that CD has different rules than the site as a whole I don’t know what to tell you.

Chuck Diesel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

Catt although Posted:

There are many “posts” on the game forums that would be against the rules in CD.

I think I’m done replying on this subject. If you can’t understand that CD has different rules than the site as a whole I don’t know what to tell you.

­It’s not that though, Catt. It’s just the fact that people got banned for keeping on topic in a thread, whether other people agreed with the content or not. It may have not been a good thread for most people, but the people who posted in it had an interest in the topic (hateful or not) and decided to keep posting. Now, people have been warned before even starting the game that this site contains material that could or could not be offensive, so why would they expect different in the forums? Sure, there’s rules for CD, but there’s also potential NSFW threads on this side of the board as well.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Any potential NSFW threads in CD are supposed to be properly labeled as such.

Chuck Diesel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Any potential NSFW threads in CD are supposed to be properly labeled as such.

­Okay, so you’re saying that since a thread title says ‘Swastikas’, since it’s not labeled as NSFW, it’s supposed to be some big mystery? “Oh god guys, I wonder what’s in the thread?”

And how are pictures of swastikas NSFW? Open a history book. Schools never sent home permission slips to make sure kids were allowed to see Nazi death camps in history books.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Chuck Diesel Posted:

­Okay, so you’re saying that since a thread title says ‘Swastikas’, since it’s not labeled as NSFW, it’s supposed to be some big mystery? “Oh god guys, I wonder what’s in the thread?”

And how are pictures of swastikas NSFW? Open a history book. Schools never sent home permission slips to make sure kids were allowed to see Nazi death camps in history books.

Having a discussion regarding world history is quite different from spamming swastikas.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Chuck Diesel Posted:

Actually labeling a thread NSFW doesn’t exempt you from site rules. Only in certain situations, like contests.

Chuck Diesel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Having a discussion regarding world history is quite different from spamming swastikas.

­Maybe the thread was about world history? Log in to see images!

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Chuck Diesel Posted:

­Maybe the thread was about world history? Log in to see images!

I didn’t read the thread in question. Are you saying that a legitimate discussion was interrupted?

Chuck Diesel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I didn’t read the thread in question. Are you saying that a legitimate discussion was interrupted?

­More like a picture book, I’m sure you’re familiar with those.

All I’m saying is that maybe them posting pictures of swastikas was their idea of a relevant thread. Instead, they got banned.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Someone should misinterpret the first amendment.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Chuck Diesel Posted:

­More like a picture book, I’m sure you’re familiar with those.

All I’m saying is that maybe them posting pictures of swastikas was their idea of a relevant thread. Instead, they got banned.

If I was able to view the relevant thread, I could give a specific opinion.

Adapt Posted:

Someone should misinterpret the first amendment.

The First Amendment doesn’t apply to privately owned discussion forums.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

One of the users got banned for posting a picture of a building in the shape of a swastika and linking the related news article. Just putting that out there.

ersinea

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

duca Posted:

One of the users got banned for posting a picture of a building in the shape of a swastika and linking the related news article. Just putting that out there.

It reminds me of the post with the dolphins at Monorail … The article was purely informative?

Joe Torpedo

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Funnily enough, whilst perusing these Civil-Discussion-no-swastika-forums, I am confronted by a Forumwarz Community Ad on every page that’s positively full to the brim with the things. Make of it what you will…

DracoFlameus

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 67 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Joe Torpedo Posted:

Funnily enough, whilst perusing these Civil-Discussion-no-swastika-forums, I am confronted by a Forumwarz Community Ad on every page that’s positively full to the brim with the things. Make of it what you will…

This.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Joe Torpedo Posted:

That was an honest mistake one of the mods made, should be fixed now.

Nicco edited this message on 07/31/2010 4:09PM

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

duca Posted:

I can definitely see where some confusion/concern regarding that situation could arise. Thanks for the feedback.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!