Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Srs Bsns Swastikas.

Robok

Avatar: 97222 2010-01-07 13:42:28 -0500

[The old goats have-
the stiffest horns
]

Level 40 Troll

I LOVE FALCON!

Hey! Swastikas aren’t evil! It’s an old sun sign that Hitler and his crew decided to use as their logo! Before Hitler came swastikas were good! But then the nazis came up and raped the sign and now everyone thinks swastikas are bad! lol!

MOD EDIT: removed swastika

Robok was banned for this post by Nicco

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Am I right to believe that if I want to buy a swastika emoticon, which for the sake of argument may look like this (THE LINK CONTAINS A PICTURE TO A SWASTIKA. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY SWASTIKAS), then it will be rejected because of the offensive content bumociated with it?

If that is so, I’ll point out what is (or what can be) offensive about some of the emoticons:

Log in to see images! (WARNING THE LINK CONTAINS A PICTURE TO A WOMANS woman's genitals AND bum. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY WOMENS woman's genitalsS AND bumES). Whilst the signature is supposed to “shock” or “offend” I’m not sure how it managed to be an emoticon.

Log in to see images! – Yes it’s a cartoon smiley being sodomised and forced to fellate after being sodomised which is then repeated over and over again. I wouldn’t want any of that sort of thing on a (somewhat) work safe board.

Log in to see images! – This emoticon is :­****you: which isn’t very civil. Plus the smiley is giving me two middle fingers. This is incredibly uncivil and I am incredibly offended.

Log in to see images! – I got attacked by a Llama once. It was a traumatic experience for me. Since then I have been repulsed and offended by llamas

Log in to see images! – This dog looks like he’s fellating on something. This is offensive.

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

­Just thought I would point out this little gem.

http://waxy.org/2008/02/forumwarz/

Before reading any further, I’d highly recommend trying the first two or three levels. Warning: If you’re easily offended, this game is not for you.
­Hmm, except CD, because apparently it’s cool to browse through a NSFW site, because there’s SFW content on the inside.

Makes perfect sense.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

weird I was just reading that article

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Chuck Diesel Posted:

Hmm, except CD, because apparently it’s cool to browse through a NSFW site, because there’s SFW content on the inside.

There’s a difference between the game itself and the forums. And even then you’re still free to post swastikas in RP if you want to. That’s half of the forum. I just don’t get it why you people MUST post these swastikas in CD.

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Nicco Posted:

There’s a difference between the game itself and the forums. And even then you’re still free to post swastikas in RP if you want to. That’s half of the forum. I just don’t get it why you people MUST post these swastikas in CD.

Because it’s weird not to be allowed to, maybe. Log in to see images!

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Teh Cezar Posted:

Because it’s weird not to be allowed to, maybe. Log in to see images!

Why? Racism is not allowed in CD, what makes you think we give green light to post swastikas?

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Being allowed to post swastikas is the only reason why I hang out here. Swastikas and possible Fran nudes.

ersinea

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Funny to see the debate on this precise subject in this forum.

Imho, if the svastiska is not a direct reference to nazism & its promotion (svatiska is an ancient symbol), well the photo should be permitted. If it’s the nazi svatiska, and the objective is to promote it , the picture is deleted and the player is warned he’s violating the “normal” forum rules.

I mean, if a svastiska is not permitted while it’s not a precise and direct promotion of nazism, I think we cannot talk of anything, because all symbols have been used to commit atrocities. For example, I like reading Nietzche books. If one day, I write about nietzsche on this forum (little possibility), I don’t want to be banned only because nietzsche’s sister has deformed his writings to fit her antisemitism. Even if I’m talking about (lesser possibility) the common nonsense bumociating Nietzscheism and nazism

I’m a noob on this forum (and my english is pretty crappy), but the main reason I’m on it, is the permanent cynism and second degree. If a subject must not be a provocation by itself (which rp is designed for), talking about a sensible subject is not a provocation unless it promotes a sick way of thinking.

well, I gave my feeling on it, and I hope someone will explain with no uncertain terms what to expect in this peculiar subject.

ersinea edited this message on 08/01/2010 5:56PM

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Bandaney Posted:

honest question; would any of these swastikas be allowed?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/HinduSwastika.svg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Swastik4.svg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Japanese_Crest_Maru_ni_Hidari_Mannji.svg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/POL_COA_Boreyko.svg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Chromesun_4_uktenas_design.jpg

Valid post & valid question. Personally, I think it’s worth kicking up the chain for higher level discussion. However, let me ask you this: why do you need to post them in CD in the first place? Do you what to hold an actual civil discussion regarding the history of the swastika in various cultures, or do you just want to be able to post the pics for the sake of posting the pics?

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

just a question man, i don’t care about swastikas and i don’t need to post them anywhere, i was just feeling curious.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Bandaney Posted:

just a question man, i don’t care about swastikas and i don’t need to post them anywhere, i was just feeling curious.

Fair enough. Personally, those you posted seem benign enough. But then again, it’s not my website.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Valid post & valid question. Personally, I think it’s worth kicking up the chain for higher level discussion. However, let me ask you this: why do you need to post them in CD in the first place? Do you what to hold an actual civil discussion regarding the history of the swastika in various cultures, or do you just want to be able to post the pics for the sake of posting the pics?

The bigger issue is: Why do some not want them posted? Is it the specific item, who it offends or who it references? As pointed out several times already, in most people’s opinion the image itself is far less offensive than what we see daily on CD. The question of why it’s not allowed is necessary to prevent possible repeat offenses with other similar images that have a valid place in historical as well as modern society related discussions. If it’s simply that a swastika is disallowed, so be it, just say so. If it’s Jewish people being offended, say so. If it’s Nazism being represented in any small way, say so. For christ’s sake stop saying it should be obvious, though. I honestly do not see how my post in the thread that started this could be taken in an offensive manner and therefore have benefited in no way from the ban. If I don’t know why you don’t want them posted I can’t know if a similar situation were to occur.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Bacchus Posted:

The bigger issue is: Why do some not want them posted? Is it the specific item, who it offends or who it references? As pointed out several times already, in most people’s opinion the image itself is far less offensive than what we see daily on CD. The question of why it’s not allowed is necessary to prevent possible repeat offenses with other similar images that have a valid place in historical as well as modern society related discussions. If it’s simply that a swastika is disallowed, so be it, just say so. If it’s Jewish people being offended, say so. If it’s Nazism being represented in any small way, say so. For christ’s sake stop saying it should be obvious, though. I honestly do not see how my post in the thread that started this could be taken in an offensive manner and therefore have benefited in no way from the ban. If I don’t know why you don’t want them posted I can’t know if a similar situation were to occur.

The owner of the website doesn’t like swastikas. It’s not rocket science.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

The owner of the website doesn’t like swastikas. It’s not rocket science.

That’s fine. If you can link to a mod or admin saying that in the last 48 hours I won’t even be offended at your markedly uncivil attitude. Log in to see images!

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Bacchus Posted:

That’s fine. If you can link to a mod or admin saying that in the last 48 hours I won’t even be offended at your markedly uncivil attitude. Log in to see images!

I didn’t intend to be uncivil. My apologies if it came across that way.

In regards to ‘where is it written’, the site rules clearly refer to racism in Civil Discussion being disallowed. The Nazi Swastika is clearly a racist symbol. While there may be room for debate in regards to civil discussion regarding the related culture & history surrounding the various swastikas, posting the Nazi Swastika just for the sake of posting it doesn’t fall into that category.

lol

Now we’re back to the grey. I’m going to consider it to mean zero swastikas in CD but it does not relate to any other symbol until/unless so stated. Seems to me the only way to interpret this.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Bacchus Posted:

lol

Now we’re back to the grey. I’m going to consider it to mean zero swastikas in CD but it does not relate to any other symbol until/unless so stated. Seems to me the only way to interpret this.

If you want to err on the side of caution, that’s not a bad idea. However, if you feel the overwhelming urge to engage in a legitimate discussion of swastikas in CD, feel free to contact a Mod for advice.

Plugged in an old drive and guess what I found…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!