Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 [CLOSED] Domination Card Exploit Addressed

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

not during the stunt we did this round, that this thread was explicitly about, I mean.

looks like acid flux did that last round. thats all him, the rest of us didn’t even know about it till the night we exposed it. (at least I didn’t)

I guess he was trying to get it some exposure on his own last week, but to no avail?

Pumpkinburger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Tarman Posted:

maybe you should try reading. this thread has nothing to do with last round. but i guess bug reports dont count as an indication?

Maybe you could be less of a douchetard and let me express my opinion? The card exploit had a huge impact on the last round of domination. That is all I’m trying to get through.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Pumpkinburger Posted:

Maybe you could be less of a douchetard and let me express my opinion? The card exploit had a huge impact on the last round of domination. That is all I’m trying to get through.

Which is why we did this thing to get it fixed, which is what my Klan’s been saying for the last four pages, because CZ apparently didn’t care about it last week when only a few individuals were doing it.

Seriously, at this point, it’s just the same things over and over. If you have anything to say, 99.9% chance it’s been addressed last page, and every page before that. Go back and read Log in to see images! Lust edited this message on 04/03/2008 9:52PM

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Pumpkinburger Posted:

so your opinion is that people who get a bug fixed but dont take advantage of it are bumholes.

Pumpkinburger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Tarman Posted:

so your opinion is that people who get a bug fixed but dont take advantage of it are bumholes.

I did just say that someone DID take advantage of it. In my bracket. Last week.

It’s nice that everyone got the bug fixed, let’s just forget about it.

If you’re just gonna troll Tarman, go do it in the RP forums.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Pumpkinburger Posted:

I did just say that someone DID take advantage of it. In my bracket. Last week.

It’s nice that everyone got the bug fixed, let’s just forget about it.

If you’re just gonna troll Tarman, go do it in the RP forums.

im not trolling. you addressed the entire klan as abusing the exploit. they may be a bunch of fabulous persons, but its obvious that they didnt abuse the exploit as a klan.

Pumpkinburger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

You know what? It doesn’t matter. I quit. This is obviously not the game for me if I’m that stupid and illiterate.

Deplorable

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Velveteen Posted:

not during the stunt we did this round, that this thread was explicitly about, I mean.

looks like acid flux did that last round. thats all him, the rest of us didn’t even know about it till the night we exposed it. (at least I didn’t)

I guess he was trying to get it some exposure on his own last week, but to no avail?

A few minutes into the round, when it was just me and Acid Flux, he already had 30-50 in almost each scoop and a good deck of cards. He later said something like “I’m just good at gamble-bot”. While this may have been initially true, it obviously wasn’t later; not to accuse, but with the whole way it played out, it seems like this noble “I was just trying to make a bug known” sentiment is just an bum-covering afterthought.

Then again I could give a **** and I barely read this thread, so. These occasional game-breaking fairness fluctuations are to be expected in a game new and full of bumholes, and if he wants to give up his medals I say take ‘em.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Holy **** this thread sucks! I go away for one lousy day and you guys turn this issue into a 10 page thread?

Remember guys, the whole point of the game is to make fun of Emo Kids and Trolls.

While some of the posts in this thread where well thought out and had some valid criticism, I think a lot of the back and forth was completely unnecessary.

Having said that, I feel like I should respond to the criticisms about my involvement in the whole thing, so that you better understand where I’m coming from.

Every day there are dozens of bugs submitted, and hundreds of odd server activity flagged. Every single one gets read, but believe it or not, the majority do not warrant responses. We get a lot of bugs every day about things that aren’t broken, and whose answers are easily found in the FAQ threads or the Wiki.

Now, sometimes legit bugs get submitted and slip through. I did see (and so did The Other Other Hole) this particular exploit reported in the past, but when I tried to reproduce it, it always charged me for the card, so I bumumed that the player who submitted it had thought they were exploiting something when they weren’t. The important detail I missed was that you needed exactly 4 scoops to do it.

So yes, I should have investigated further, but let’s face it, with the limited resources we have on hand some bugs are going to slip through. Also, no matter how well I do my job, there will be more exploits in the future.

I think it’s a bit silly that someone suggested that since I didn’t respond the first time that it was necessary to do a huge public demonstration. While sure, it caught my eye, so did the detailed email I received about the bug this morning.

If you submit a huge exploit, and you don’t hear back in a couple of days, please RE-SUBMIT it. It’s obviously important and we’re not ignoring it because we don’t care.

We are very happy to receive reports on exploits and bugs so that they can be fixed. I felt the activities in IDC last week were a huge step above and beyond what I consider normal user testing of an app so I decided to reward them. I also rewarded a Face Punch Studios exploit a while ago because their members submitted it at least a dozen times in the 30 minute period after it was discovered.

I don’t even mind how it was reported, I’m pretty sure I personally thanked every single person who submitted it today, I just object to the idea that this was the only way of letting us know.

Also, generally speaking: asking for E-Peen™ is not a good strategy. People ask me for E-Peen™ all the time for various things and while we like to hear suggestions we can’t reward every single little thing. Does this mean some of the E-Peen™ is awarded inconsistently? Yes. But they always have been. Some of them are easy to obtain, others are almost impossible.

I sincerely hope that not receiving E-Peen™ for a bug submissions doesn’t offend you to the point where you don’t want to submit bugs in the future. After all, EVERY player, not just you gets helped when a bug is fixed. It makes the game better and helps the community.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Now that you’re back, is there any chance that the two players who kinda got caught in the crossfire will get their cards/scoops back?

Mathluv8 (Not even in our Klan) had 10 cards from gambling and got nuked, and WetSocket, who we added to our Klan just last night because he’d managed to get 55 cards on day 1 from gambling got nuked also.

Their spendfriend logs should confirm this Log in to see images!

Also, I got no thx for my bug report at all Log in to see images!

Edit: Yay!

Lust edited this message on 04/04/2008 12:06AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Lust Posted:

Now that you’re back, is there any chance that the two players who kinda got caught in the crossfire will get their cards/scoops back?

Mathluv8 (Not even in our Klan) had 10 cards from gambling and got nuked, and WetSocket, who we added to our Klan just last night because he’d managed to get 55 cards on day 1 from gambling got nuked also.

Their spendfriend logs should confirm this Log in to see images!

I believe I was tubmailed about both — I was really surprised because I thought I’d set the Dom Card threshold really high, I’ll take a look tomorrow. I was a bit harried with with the delete statements this morning :S.

edit: THANK YOU

Evil Trout edited this message on 04/04/2008 12:02AM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Evil Trout Posted:

I also rewarded a Face Punch Studios exploit a while ago because their members submitted it at least a dozen times in the 30 minute period after it was discovered.

Is that 12 times each or overall?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Arktor Posted:

Is that 12 times each or overall?

Overall. Each would have been very annoying.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Pumpkinburger Posted:

Unfortunately, that is not the case. In my bracket, everyone with any scoops at all had them destroyed or stolen.

This was completely unnecessary, and this is what I’m most upset about. Not about the trophies, or that you exposed a bug, but the fact that any chance anyone in my bracket other than AF would have had at a trophy were reduced to zero from the start.

To quote others before me, some indication that you guys were trying to prove a point by using this exploit would have been nice.

The exploit is fixed, but sore feelings are going to remain for a lot of players.

Then be mad at me. I only joined the Knights after I discovered the exploit, and was trying to get it addressed as an individual. Anyone looking at a competitive bracket and seeing 1 person with 100+ cards & 300+ scoops, and all other players with ZERO scoops should have been suspicious. But not even when ET looked at my account did he see anything amiss. That was part of the research.

Next time I’ll simply run the bug & exploit and write up a long report and only share it ET.

And again, if it will make those that got ‘screwed’ by me happy, then ET, please take my 4 medals away. Seriously. I know for a fact that with just the KoLOL vanilla raid I could have won at least 3 medals anyways. But if it resolves the complaints, then please pull the four medals. They mean nothing in reality, and its not worth the drama. It’s a number next to a little icon next to my avatar. No big deal.

Although apparently he just took all six of my medals, even though I earned my first two a while back, long before the exploit. It was four medals that I earned this week. But again, whatever. I’ll just earn more.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Acid Flux Posted:

Although apparently he just took all six of my medals, even though I earned my first two a while back, long before the exploit. It was four medals that I earned this week. But again, whatever. I’ll just earn more.

You have 2 now. Did you use the “I broke this ****ty game” link and post how you could earn free cards before Trout looked at your profile or did you just expect him to guess?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Because most people that found the exploit probably wouldn’t report it using the bug report feature and would instead simply abuse it, I wanted to know if that activity could be caught by Admin. That was why I approached it the way I did. I was already planning on submitting a bug report with the Domination round results as proof of how bad it could affect the entire game. But Lust’s idea sounded even more effective. That’s why I agreed to go along with it.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

For the record, I’m sorry I didn’t make it to my Klan’s exposé of this exploit. I support the KoLOL postings above.

I also think its damn descent of us/my Klan mates to do pop out our discoveries (in general) in such a high profile way within a week or so of finding them. (Also referring to Escher’s crew keeping all you dabblers in the loop through Wiki, despite your lack of involvement.)

I don’t think it’s fully appreciated that we WANT fair competition, and try to drum it up.

(I also don’t think it’s appreciated that I and many klanmates had access to this cheat through our forum, yet didn’t to keep that round fair.)

OO

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Hey guys, whats going on in this thread? Somebody exploited something or something? lol wut?

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

It’s obvious you guys did this just to make a scene and possibly get an epeen. The best way to go about this sort of thing is submitting a bug report. Evil trout ignored it? Do it again. Get your friends to do it. If you think it’s serious enough to screw some people out of winning medals, then bug report it instead of screwing people out of medals.

You know that doing this wasn’t the best way to bring his attention to this, so stop pretending it was.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Damnit! Quit posting things like this so I don’t have to agree with you! Log in to see images! That just wouldn’t look good and stuff.

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

It’s obvious you guys did this just to make a scene and possibly get an epeen. The best way to go about this sort of thing is submitting a bug report. Evil trout ignored it? Do it again. Get your friends to do it. If you think it’s serious enough to screw some people out of winning medals, then bug report it instead of screwing people out of medals.

You know that doing this wasn’t the best way to bring his attention to this, so stop pretending it was.

Our klan might have found a loophole last night and we bug reported it immediately without screwing anyone over. It might not even be an actual bug but we wanted to be sure.

Wylin edited this message on 04/04/2008 11:30AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!