Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Holy **** this thread sucks! I go away for one lousy day and you guys turn this issue into a 10 page thread?

Remember guys, the whole point of the game is to make fun of Emo Kids and Trolls.

While some of the posts in this thread where well thought out and had some valid criticism, I think a lot of the back and forth was completely unnecessary.

Having said that, I feel like I should respond to the criticisms about my involvement in the whole thing, so that you better understand where I’m coming from.

Every day there are dozens of bugs submitted, and hundreds of odd server activity flagged. Every single one gets read, but believe it or not, the majority do not warrant responses. We get a lot of bugs every day about things that aren’t broken, and whose answers are easily found in the FAQ threads or the Wiki.

Now, sometimes legit bugs get submitted and slip through. I did see (and so did The Other Other Hole) this particular exploit reported in the past, but when I tried to reproduce it, it always charged me for the card, so I bumumed that the player who submitted it had thought they were exploiting something when they weren’t. The important detail I missed was that you needed exactly 4 scoops to do it.

So yes, I should have investigated further, but let’s face it, with the limited resources we have on hand some bugs are going to slip through. Also, no matter how well I do my job, there will be more exploits in the future.

I think it’s a bit silly that someone suggested that since I didn’t respond the first time that it was necessary to do a huge public demonstration. While sure, it caught my eye, so did the detailed email I received about the bug this morning.

If you submit a huge exploit, and you don’t hear back in a couple of days, please RE-SUBMIT it. It’s obviously important and we’re not ignoring it because we don’t care.

We are very happy to receive reports on exploits and bugs so that they can be fixed. I felt the activities in IDC last week were a huge step above and beyond what I consider normal user testing of an app so I decided to reward them. I also rewarded a Face Punch Studios exploit a while ago because their members submitted it at least a dozen times in the 30 minute period after it was discovered.

I don’t even mind how it was reported, I’m pretty sure I personally thanked every single person who submitted it today, I just object to the idea that this was the only way of letting us know.

Also, generally speaking: asking for E-Peen™ is not a good strategy. People ask me for E-Peen™ all the time for various things and while we like to hear suggestions we can’t reward every single little thing. Does this mean some of the E-Peen™ is awarded inconsistently? Yes. But they always have been. Some of them are easy to obtain, others are almost impossible.

I sincerely hope that not receiving E-Peen™ for a bug submissions doesn’t offend you to the point where you don’t want to submit bugs in the future. After all, EVERY player, not just you gets helped when a bug is fixed. It makes the game better and helps the community.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!