Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll IDEA: "Advanced Role-Playing" subforum
Poll: How would you feel about a subforum in which RPing in character is enforced?
You must be logged in to vote.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

What’s up, party people?

There has been some discussion over the last while over the idea of a more strict RP subforum, in which RPing in your character’s gimmick or clbum is actually enforced.

This would still go under the RP side, because it’s hard to keep it “civil” when most posters are trolls. However, posting in ARP (or whatever we decide to call it; suggestions welcome) means not “breaking the fourth wall.”

In other words, it’s cool to post Goatse, but alt-revealing is not cool because it breaks the illusion of RP. Similarly, comments like “you suck” are fine as long as it’s not “you suck at role-playing,” for similar reasons.

Note that we wouldn’t have to enforce Forumwarz archetypes for your RP. Although that’s a good fallback for your characters, you could still play a hard-boiled detective while technically being clbumed as a Re-Re, for example.

As you can guess, modding this experimental subforum would be very subjective and would require keen knowledge of the community. We might bumign only select mods the ability to deal with issues in ARP. It’s also likely that punishments for ARP violations will be more lenient — at least in the early days.

No, this isn’t going to “save” Flamebate. It’s just an idea. But it’s fairly easy to implement, it might be fun to play around with, and it might be an interesting challenge for our more bored mods. And if it fails, we can all have a good laugh about it.

So how about it, Forumwarriorz? Are we gonna do this? Vote and/or comment here.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Would mods be modding in-character? Because if people can be banned from the rest of the site because they posted in there and a troll mod troll-banned them, then the idea is destined to failure.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

from fwz import*
init ("pwn")

def main():
     speech()

output:

1 4M T3H £33T H4XX0R J00 $H4££ 4££ B0W 2 M3 K3K3K3K!!!!

Voted no.

megazeroexe edited this message on 03/23/2010 6:24PM

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

yes

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Uh, if you want to encourage role-playing other than trolling how about a RP subforum where you have to role-play but trolling is forbidden? I mean Trolls troll in all other forums on the RP side of the board and not only there. It would be difficult to draw the line and impossible to prevent more subtle trolling but then real trolling isn’t subtle.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Amasius Posted:

Uh, if you want to encourage role-playing other than trolling how about a RP subforum where you have to role-play but trolling is forbidden? I mean Trolls troll in all other forums on the RP side of the board and not only there. It would be difficult to draw the line and impossible to prevent more subtle trolling but then real trolling isn’t subtle.

This and yes.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Amasius Posted:

real trolling isn’t subtle.

It can be.

I’m much better at subtle trolling than I am at non-subtle trolling.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

MC Banhammer Posted:

It can be.

I’m much better at subtle trolling than I am at non-subtle trolling.

Then you aren’t a real troll by definition. Log in to see images!

megazeroexe

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

I’ll probably get shot down, but how about two new subforums; a clbum RP where you play as your forumwarz clbum, and a non-clbum RP where you can take on a different persona per thread? I’m really not to into that, but I’ve seen some people pretend they’re fake characters (super heroes, science fiction characters, whatever) and write an entire interactive story about whatever the plot is and plan it all out beforehand throughout private talks, like one mbumive collaborative book.

I’ll just post an example of how it would work as I’ve seen on other forums:

Somebody will come along and get a great idea for a story (or a not so great idea) and try to start a story with one long, well developed post introducing the premise of the world they’re living in, their character name and description, and what’s so unique about them/what powers they have. An example post for a description would be:

Name:

Description (Hair color, facial structure, clothes, style, talents, other important information):

What powers they possess if relevant to the story:

I personally think RP like that (which is actual RP) is a little lame, but the outcome of the good ones is incredible; some get 10+ pages long and it’s like a full-out novel.

This would have to be heavily moderated, because I’m sure most people who create not so great stories will be trolled to death and people will create a character just to say “AND THEY ALL DIE AND GET SKULL-****ED BY ZOMBIES THE END” or something, but it could possibly work and if advertised correctly, bring a lot of people who into animes/cosplaying into that specific forum and give them somewhere to talk without being harbumed like in the current RP forums.

Just an idea, but I’d honestly like some feedback on this.

Mazzon

[Too sexy for membe-
rs
]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Amasius Posted:

It would be difficult to draw the line and impossible to prevent more subtle trolling but then real trolling isn’t subtle.

Dude, not all trolling is posting goatse or just telling everybody to eat **** and die. One can troll just fine by pretending to post seriously and just make arguments and notions aimed to upset people and derail the conversation, achieving the same results but possibly without people even realizing you’re a troll.

Sure it’s harder since you have to read and think rather than just fire away, but it can be done.

EDIT: Oh yeah in case with ‘real trolling’ you mean hiding under bridges and eating goats, then ignore this post.

Mazzon edited this message on 03/23/2010 6:44PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Amasius Posted:

Then you aren’t a real troll by definition. Log in to see images!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

I doubt it will work out.

Johnald The -
Robot

Avatar: 211354 2011-08-21 16:08:15 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Permanoob

JUST ANOTHER BRAINFREEZE REJECT

YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES

(It should have been obvious that this should have been done ages ago before this happened)

megazeroexe

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

Mazzon Posted:

Dude, not all trolling is posting goatse or just telling everybody to eat **** and die. One can troll just fine by pretending to post seriously and just make arguments and notions aimed to upset people and derail the conversation, achieving the same results but possibly without people even realizing you’re a troll.

Sure it’s harder since you have to read and think rather than just fire away, but it can be done.

He is right. Real trolling isn’t posting goatse or doing things like that; a troll’s purpose is to upset as many people as possible or destroy a thread. For instance, About a year ago I got bored with a few friends and we found a devout christian forum. The three of us created accounts, and I posted a topic titled ‘What are your views on abortion?’ and the body being ‘I’ve recently gotten pregnant with my boyfriend (I know, we shouldn’t have had sex but…Log in to see images!

That’s real trolling; posting goatse is what the idiots here do because they think we’ve never seen it before Log in to see images!

Dysnomia

Level 69 Emo Kid

ovaarian hormoones

This is a great idea Mike Crotch. Possibly the best idea you’ve had since making forumwarz

-=Dysnomia=-

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I don’t know how successful it would be, but I don’t see how it could actually hurt anything either. Worst case it goes unused, best case people have a place to do things where the instant response isn’t “bad emo rp” blah blah blah.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

we are being trolled by jb. it is hapening. right now.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Why not?

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Mazzon Posted:

megazeroexe Posted:

Well played, Amasius.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

megazeroexe Posted:

He is right. Real trolling isn’t posting goatse or doing things like that; a troll’s purpose is to upset as many people as possible or destroy a thread. For instance, About a year ago I got bored with a few friends and we found a devout christian forum. The three of us created accounts, and I posted a topic titled ‘What are your views on abortion?’ and the body being ‘I’ve recently gotten pregnant with my boyfriend (I know, we shouldn’t have had sex but…Log in to see images!

That’s real trolling; posting goatse is what the idiots here do because they think we’ve never seen it before Log in to see images!

Duh, thats obviously true, I was more or less kidding. The point is that subtle trolling wouldn’t kill role-playing, quite the contrary. Only the constant posting of goatse and “you suck”, “stop posting” etc. does.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!