Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Writing Teach me how to troll

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I want to learn to be a troll. I picked Troll originally because it seemed most fun, but clearly, if you’ve read my attempts on these forums, I don’t know how. I would like some lessons.

I know trolling doesn’t simply involving calling people “fabulous persons” or “fine upstanding member of societys”; those are just accurate descriptions of the poster and so don’t insult them. There’s an art (not emo kid art) to it and I’m hoping to pick up some general tips and possibly apprentice to a master. Could anyone who knows how to troll please teach me?

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

no, fabulous person fine upstanding member of society

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

MC Banhammer Posted:

I want to learn to be a troll. I picked Troll originally because it seemed most fun, but clearly, if you’ve read my attempts on these forums, I don’t know how. I would like some lessons.

I know trolling doesn’t simply involving calling people “fabulous persons” or “fine upstanding member of societys”; those are just accurate descriptions of the poster and so don’t insult them. There’s an art (not emo kid art) to it and I’m hoping to pick up some general tips and possibly apprentice to a master. Could anyone who knows how to troll please teach me?

1. be a mean person

2. speak your mind

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

go **** yourself

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

3. don’t be a fabulous person head

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

The term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often erroneously used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument fallacy ad hominem.

Often, calling someone a troll makes bumumptions about a writer’s motives. Regardless of the cirgreat timesstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding encourages a true troll to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: “Please do not feed the trolls”.

Frequently, someone who has been labelled a troll by a group may seek to redeem their reputation by discrediting their opponents, for example by claiming that other members of the group are closed-minded, conspirators, or trolls themselves.

Edit: More proof that the Wiki is very informative while telling you nothing useful.

Bigguyinblack edited this message on 04/24/2008 11:00AM

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I don’t claim to be an epic troll or anything, but to be a good one all you really need to do is make the other person feel like they are making you look stupid, when in reality they are failing epicly.

see: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/6301

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Trolls never ask anything. Dumb****.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

According to the most accomplished upcoming troll on these, the ForumWarz forums for discussion of things relating to ForumWarz (and other topics, in the specified subforums), the prime directive you are required to follow for successful trolling is to be as verbose as humanly possible in order to prove to all posters who cannot follow your over-complicated prose that you are extremely intelligent compared to them and so there is no use arguing against you; a mere 3-page exposition on their flaws should be sufficient to prove your victory in all flamewars with them past, present, future, and indeed in any other time periods yet to be described that those three designations do not encompbum by definition. It is completely and positively unnecessary to follow established rules and regulations for ejaculating thoughts in coherent sentences provided your posted ASCII is comprised of a veritable baker’s dozen of “ten dollar words”, to use an expression rather more suited to commoners than aristocratic and scholarly contributors as we happen to be.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m still not getting it.

@Fail: see the OP.

@Paraone: I do that all the time. Am I already a troll?

@BoP: But I’m not a mean person, I’m a nice person. Except when I ban people, then I guess I’m mean. And I do speak my mind, and I’m not a fabulous person head. I don’t even know what one is. Are you one? Could you tell me how to become one?

@Bigguyinblack: I read the wikipedia entry but I don’t trust wikipedia. Are you saying they’re accurate in this one case?

@Fail: But if they make me look stupid, then how does anyone else know I won?

@Amasius: Oops. Guess I won’t ask you any questions then. Thanks for that advice; I’ll add it to my limited repertoire.

@Sancdar: That looks like it takes too long. While I’m certainly capable of going on and on and on, doing so just seems rather forced, and would take too much of my time. I don’t have a lot of time, so I’m looking for ways to troll that wouldn’t take a lot of time. If there’s some less time-consuming way of trolling, I’d find that information much more useful, and would presumably adopt those methodologies as I continue my pursuit of adeptness as the fine art of the troll.

tl;dr: More advice, please!

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

MC Banhammer Posted:

@Paraone: I do that all the time. Am I already a troll?

yea

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Make people angry and make them respond to you srsly, and then mock them.

Onli-Wan Cah-
one

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

FAIL Posted:

I don’t claim to be an epic troll or anything, but to be a good one all you really need to do is make the other person feel like they are making you look stupid, when in reality they are failing epicly.

see: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/6301

It was very brave and noble of you to put yourself up as an example of falling to that technique.

I know some of you struggle, so just to help;

www.dictionary.com

Now you can look up all those big words that hurt your little brains.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Onli-Wan Cahone Posted:

It was very brave and noble of you to put yourself up as an example of falling to that technique.

STOP THE PRESSES! THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT HOW MUCH OF A fabulous person ONLI WAN CAHONE IS

hes’ a pretty huge fabulous person.

Jimmy_da_geek

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Act like your mom does in the days before her poontang cries the red tears. If yer mom is dead, act like the person that killed her. Especially if it was cancer. Cancer is a **** of a troll.

Suck it

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

its nateral talent

not just anyboedy can troll

Verminator

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

OP IZ DA NOOB

HE SUXXORZ AT TROLLING

But anyway. I define a troll as someone who does things for the sole reason of ****ing others off. While calling someone a fabulous person fine upstanding member of society isn’t necessarily successful trolling, calling someone a fabulous person fine upstanding member of society when it’s sure to get their backs up is.

A successful troll builds up hatred, then feeds upon it. Instead of making one big troll post, make lots of little ones. The successful troll is the boil upon the bum of a forum. Wherever there are decent topics, the troll is there to derail them and then dance upon the still-warm wreckage.

I’M IN UR FORUM

TAKING OVER USING ALL CAPS

FoetalBlowjob

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

FORUMWARZ IS THE WORST ****ING THING ON THE INTERNET, YOU ****male reproductive organ USELESS woman's genitalsHOLES.P.S PANTS RULES

you’re a ****ing fat dirty gaping woman's genitals.

Gentleman

[naga stole my bike]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

spend a week on /b/

I laughed gentlemans…Did I lose?

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

So I hear Onli-Wan Cahon-e is a pretty huge fabulous person. Speculate.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!