Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate Getting the RPG itch

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

TSE1 was okay, but TSE2 is much better. The whole sidescrolling thing is less noticeable in the sequel primarily because you can run instead of walk, which reduces travel time between combats by a huge amount. There are many other improvements of course, not the least of which being major additions to the battle system that make it easier to control your characters, but if I would list everything that’s better in TSE2 this post would be ridiculously long.

I guess what I’m saying is that even if you thought TSE1 was a terrible game, the sequel is still worth checking out, because in terms of quality they’re in entirely different leagues.

Yeah, I found out about Planescape like 2 days ago. It’s $30 on Amazon and I’ll probably get a copy. I borrowed it when I played it long ago.

scully Posted:

Do you guys think that is one that won’t make me sick?

What’s up, exxxtreme motion sickness gaming buddy? Log in to see images!

I have to take dramamine to play video games and I didn’t used to. Planescape’s 2D and story-heavy/combat-light.

E: Spirit Engine’s cool, too, and not something any machine couldn’t run.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 11/24/2009 2:45PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

What’s up, exxxtreme motion sickness gaming buddy? Log in to see images!

I have to take dramamine to play video games and I didn’t used to. Planescape’s 2D and story-heavy/combat-light.

God yes, it is awful. Log in to see images!

rebelterrier

[c-base destruction-
project
]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I recommend the Neverwinter Nights games. But I also enjoyed Bahamut Lagoon for SNES such as Chrono Trigger…

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Nillo Posted:

Still, it’s not a lot of money considering that it’s, y’know, Planescape Torment. I’d buy it at that price if I hadn’t completed it already. It’s worth more.

In other news, I need to mention The Spirit Engine 2 in this thread, because I can never recommend it enough. It’s a great game that has basically not been marketed at all, which is why you’ve never heard of it before. Did I mention that it’s a great game? Go download the demo here.

I’m very torn here. Normally I would follow the recommendation of a guy with as much Planescape cred as you without hesitation but then I hear Amasius say side scroller and I have to wonder if your brain is malfunctioning.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

“Sidescroller” is a rather poor description of TSE2 since it has very little to do with other games that are also called sidescrollers. It is in essence a role-playing game. Planescape and TSE2 are slightly comparable in that both of them have copious amounts of dialogue, but TSE2 is a lot more linear and focuses more on combat.

In other news, the price recently dropped to ten bucks, which is an insanely good deal for the amount of entertainment it offers. I believe I’ve now said all there is to say about it.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Well I recently *ahem* “got” borderlands and it’s been filling my needs quite nicely even at 8 FPS. About TSE2, does it have a demo? I’d like to try it out first, but I can’t get the site to load. =/

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

misclick Log in to see images! zigzagoon edited this message on 12/06/2009 11:36AM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!