Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fix It So apparently someone is downvoting everything

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Fran’s idea was p good, actually.

And really would it kill everyone to go a week without adding a new forum to the ever-expanding list? Why not just skip this week’s build altogether?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Okay so I’ve identified the person responsible for this week’s Forumbuildr fraud.

permabanned!

Here’s how he did it. He created 28 illegal alts using an anonymous proxy. Which would normally hide your tracks, only he was messy and left all sorts of evidence that it was him.

In the process, I’ve blocked about 1000 known proxies from working with Forumwarz.

Let this be a lesson to you all. We take voting fraud seriously.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Evil Trout Posted:

Okay so I’ve identified the person responsible for this week’s Forumbuildr fraud.

permabanned!

Here’s how he did it. He created 28 illegal alts using an anonymous proxy. Which would normally hide your tracks, only he was messy and left all sorts of evidence that it was him.

In the process, I’ve blocked about 1000 known proxies from working with Forumwarz.

Evil trout, you are awesome.

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I like plk’s suggestion.

Dysnomia

Level 69 Emo Kid

ovaarian hormoones

Evil Trout is better than Mike Crotch

-=Dysnomia=-

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Evil Trout Posted:

permabanned!

He’s been unceremoniously stripped of his Inspiration Peen as well. The cheating bastard lied right to my face about this (via Tubmail).

Goodbye, ghax. You loved sniping.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

He’s been unceremoniously stripped of his Inspiration Peen as well. The cheating bastard lied right to my face about this (via Tubmail).

Goodbye, ghax. You ruined sniping.

fix.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

Evil Trout Posted:

permabanned!

ilu Log in to see images!

Also, I’m very happy to hear that a problem was uncovered and handled appropriately.

As far as fixing this week’s buildr, I like plk’s idea.

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Well, good.

Now, if there anyway you could make outside this weeks winner… and give me back my submissions? reset bumon?

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

plk Posted:

Another option for dealing with it this week is to let people build the forum and get their peens, but not publish the forum. Then you wouldn’t have to roll anything back.

Because, if you do roll back and refund submissions, you have to consider how that affects chocolate scoops and gives people who already submitted more submissions. But then, it’s still kind of early on monday so maybe it’s not a huge deal.

This seems like the best idea to me. Upvoted. Whatever is done, if anything, make sure it harms the community in general as little as possible.

“Supposing there was justice for all, after all? For every unheeded beggar, every harsh word, every neglected duty, every slight… every choice… Because that was the point, wasn’t it? You had to choose. You might be right, you might be wrong, but you had to choose, knowing that the rightness or wrongness might never be clear or even that you were deciding between two sorts of wrong, that there was no right anywhere. And always, always, you did it by yourself. You were the one there, on the edge, watching and listening. Never any tears, never any apology, never any regrets… You saved all that up in a way that could be used when needed…”

Afterthotz edited this message on 09/21/2009 3:37PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Even thought I encouraged plk to post that idea, it seems like a drag to build a forum all week and not even publish it. What if some of it turns out decently?

Given the current state of affairs, I think we could still salvage this forum if we gave it a little Vitamin Bashy.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Meanwhile Itembuildr downvoting continues apace… not a single there with a net positive score.

On the other hand, the things that have been downvoted the least are the ones I think are decent, and the ones I think are crap are sinking to the bottom and disappearing, so the system could almost be described as working.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

man-man Posted:

On the other hand, the things that have been downvoted the least are the ones I think are decent, and the ones I think are crap are sinking to the bottom and disappearing, so the system could almost be described as working.

Spoke too soon.

Evil Things and Kampfy Chair are hilarious as heck, but I can’t imagine the early crowd getting past the titles to the description.

mterek edited this message on 09/21/2009 5:59PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Even thought I encouraged plk to post that idea, it seems like a drag to build a forum all week and not even publish it. What if some of it turns out decently?

Given the current state of affairs, I think we could still salvage this forum if we gave it a little Vitamin Bashy.

Yeah, and thinking about it more, if people know their entries will never see the light of day, there’s little motivation to submit decent entries or vote fairly. So I guess I’d vote to keep things as they are but improve the description, whether that’s with Bashy’s forum description or your own.

baou30

Avatar: 138741 Fri Mar 27 19:20:32 -0400 2009

Level 21 Emo Kid

I lol'd a little. :bigbarf:

Evil Trout Posted:

permabanned!

Posting incase there’s a peen.

—————

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

mterek Posted:

Spoke too soon.

Evil Things and Kampy Chair are hilarious as heck, but I can’t imagine the early crowd getting past the titles to the description.

What? Evil Thing and Kampfy chair are winning – they may have negative scores, but they’ve got the best negative scores out of a collection of more negative scores.

Sidenote, Kampfy Chair was one of a very rare group of things in Buildr – things that actually made me laugh. Doesn’t happen often, but that managed it. Evil Thing of Evil was more of a wry smile than a laugh, but that’s cool too.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think the only solution that makes sense is making Outside the winner, and rebuilding it. Also give back the submissions to everyone who have submitted.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Will ghax EVER be unbanned?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Will ghax EVER be unbanned?

Quite a preemptive and early question, considering it just happened today.

Ask again in a few months. NO answer you’ll get in the short term is going to be “yes”.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Goodbye, ghax. You loved sniping.

Memorium Snipe.

Will you tell us the alt names I’m curios lol?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!