Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay general suggestions thread!

Dan0rz

Level 38 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

things i would like to see in this game:

forums the right way up

ability to customise the text of our attacks/upload new ones for vetting and addong to the randomly generated ones

more than 4 forum visits per day/even more than that if you donate

more random flavour email

sentrillion being put in as a feature, not just for the intro, possibly as an easter egg finder or for finding new secret forums from mission clues.

a pony, i want a pony, one that shoots chainsaws

LOLERSKATES1-
11male reproductive organ

[LieksTehmale reproductive organ]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Dan0rz Posted:

forums the right way up

more than 4 forum visits per day/even more than that if you donate

more random flavour email

Well, I think that in terms of being a game, the forums are more beneficial the way they are. Constantly scrolling to the bottom of the page (since the pages are medium length) would slow down game play and not really add anything.

I’m not sure on the 4 per day limit. Game pacing is always somewhat annoying, but is the game even “finished”? Also, the puzzles may pick up quite a bit, and a lot of things may not require too many forum visits. Perhaps look at forum visits as “grinding” MMO style, and developers wanting people to explore more options than what comes down to a very simple (so far) turn based fighting game. If that were all the game was about, you’d have people complaining within a week for lack of content. The limitations need to be set in such a manner that you cannot outlevel the quests through grinding to make them trivial, at least not as quickly as someone thinking through the quests. This is a tough balancing act for sure.

Right now, the game feels relatively complex. Not overly so, but nicely, with a short learning curve. As it progresses, perhaps we’ll see more than enough stuff to worry about without contending with spam emails or such.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Some good points, and I will personally make it my mission to get you this chainsaw-firing pony.

Here’s our rationale for the limits (we were originally gonna make it three, but added one for “grace”Log in to see images!:

– From a programming standpoint, it’s our first day of launch and we need to see what the server can handle in a day

– We need to pace things because as you’ll find out depressingly soon, the story doesn’t go that far in Episode 1

– When things become better developed, we would like to allow extra bandwidth for more advanced users for them to “grind” at

LOLERSKATES1-

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

One suggestion, regarding the forums, and if I’ve missed the feature, I apologize.

Make it so you can see which posts you’ve already seen, and which are new.

Dan0rz

Level 38 Troll

LOLERSKATES111male reproductive organ Posted:

Well, I think that in terms of being a game, the forums are more beneficial the way they are. Constantly scrolling to the bottom of the page (since the pages are medium length) would slow down game play and not really add anything.

I’m not sure on the 4 per day limit. Game pacing is always somewhat annoying, but is the game even “finished”? Also, the puzzles may pick up quite a bit, and a lot of things may not require too many forum visits. Perhaps look at forum visits as “grinding” MMO style, and developers wanting people to explore more options than what comes down to a very simple (so far) turn based fighting game. If that were all the game was about, you’d have people complaining within a week for lack of content. The limitations need to be set in such a manner that you cannot outlevel the quests through grinding to make them trivial, at least not as quickly as someone thinking through the quests. This is a tough balancing act for sure.

Right now, the game feels relatively complex. Not overly so, but nicely, with a short learning curve. As it progresses, perhaps we’ll see more than enough stuff to worry about without contending with spam emails or such.

well the forums can be made to autoscroll to the bottom, i already mentioned this to king trout and got a reply on it, just here for general ideas collation, so uh…

...that avatar really looks like an ex of mine minus about 10 years and it’s kinda creeping me out a lot. what was i saying? oh yeah, um i agree about the complexity i think it is perfect, and i’m not really suggesting things like the emails and easter egg forums to make the game harder, just… wider? if that makes sense? lots of cool but ultimately useless **** you can poke at. i dunno if anyone here played snatcher but it had this database computer you could search in it and there was pretty much nothing in the context of the game that you couldn’t search for and get info on (a lot of things outside it too), even down to absolutely stupid ****.

oh! i just thought of one. fake ad banners for things like hugo’s house of chainsaw ponies and you can buy a chainsaw pony for your profile.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

I think being able to sTalk with other people playing the game at the time would be fantastic but likely gets into territory that’s not intended to be tread.

As would suggesting things like using this to set up co-op “forum attacks” which could be bonus missions or somesuch. However this -is- singleplayer, so, I don’t know if such an idea is just bad in general.

oh! i just thought of one. fake ad banners for things like hugo’s house of chainsaw ponies and you can buy a chainsaw pony for your profile.

The ability to purchase fake banner ads would be pretty awesome too, and not only help the game stay fresh but be a potential revenue source.

Kelp Plankton edited this message on 10/31/2007 10:03PM

Dan0rz

Level 38 Troll

Kelp Plankton Posted:

The ability to purchase fake banner ads would be pretty awesome too, and not only help the game stay fresh but be a potential revenue source.

perhaps you could even buy a “forum”, like upload the banner ad, a header graphic, a wallpaper, and type a header text and some keywords and people can pwn it

VVVVVV oh hey that looks like the PVP mechanic to me =D

Dan0rz edited this message on 10/31/2007 10:43PM

LOLERSKATES1-

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

That would be interesting, maybe a game where you defend your forum from attacks. The logical end would pit armies of friends versus invaders, and they would have to defend their home turf against the horde.

AlphaMole

Level 19 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

I really cant find much about this game to criticize, except for nitpicking really. I guess Ill go with everyone and say that the four visit minimum does seems rather stringent, though it did get me three levels in one day and a good chunk of quests. I’d say if you can make the limit feel not as obvious it wouldn’t be as bad, or at least make it so that if you go to a forum and immediately back out it doesn’t count against you (I did that because I forgot to get the skill I needed to complete a mission, oops)

another nitpicky thing is that I was never really sure about the differences between clbumes, other than the theme and avatar, do they get access to the same basic attacks or are they analogous to more traditional rpgs?

edit: the gambling bot is genius cool, but it only lasts so long unfortunately. maybe if there were more minigames. oh oh, like a link to a browser based style game. oh god that might be too much for me, a browser based game in a browser based game. it’s turtles all the way down man.

fake edit: oh god then you could make a post on the forums about minigame strategy in the browser based game about fouOH GOD MY MIND

AlphaMole edited this message on 11/01/2007 12:08AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

You guys have some fantastic ideas. I knew putting “forums” in here would come in handy Log in to see images!

Hopefully we can integrate some of them before the true launch.

AlphaMole Posted:

another nitpicky thing is that I was never really sure about the differences between clbumes, other than the theme and avatar, do they get access to the same basic attacks or are they analogous to more traditional rpgs?

All three clbumes have different attacks and slightly differing modes of play. Also their own special stores and items to buy. Emo Kid is the least popular right now, but IMO, the most fun to play with. Word the wise, I’m here to drop bombs.

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 11/01/2007 2:28AM

AlphaMole

Level 19 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

I really picked the emo kid because I thought it was going to be the least popular one

Prosthetic_m-
ind

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think it’d be nice to have a way to make money outside of some of the plot stuff, because as it is I’m running out of smileprin working on the newer forums, and if I made a mistake I wouldn’t have enough money to try it again.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

Prosthetic_mind Posted:

I think it’d be nice to have a way to make money outside of some of the plot stuff, because as it is I’m running out of smileprin working on the newer forums, and if I made a mistake I wouldn’t have enough money to try it again.

Have to agree here. The gambling is a bit too random to accomplish this. I ran out of health items and money pretty early on and had to get by on luck to snag more cash. Thankfully it worked before I ran out of forum visits. We need something that gives good cash but takes more effort than combat and doesn’t give any sort of XP.

Perhaps doing tech support for idiots.

edit: and what the hell, quote isn’t working.

Kelp Plankton edited this message on 11/01/2007 12:53AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Kelp Plankton Posted:

Prosthetic_mind Posted:

Have to agree here. The gambling is a bit too random to accomplish this. I ran out of health items and money pretty early on and had to get by on luck to snag more cash. Thankfully it worked before I ran out of forum visits. We need something that gives good cash but takes more effort than combat and doesn’t give any sort of XP.

Perhaps doing tech support for idiots.

edit: and what the hell, quote isn’t working.

Quote is indeed not working.

Don’t know if things have pushed forward yet, but you’re supposed to get a ****load of gifts the next day for beating forums. You’ll find there are other ways to make money in the forums as well…as soon as you NOOBZ go up a few levels LOLZ!!!!

Harblgarbler

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

To make it even easier to find things, have the bookmark links be color coded by type; forums could be red, stores could be green, other services blue, or somethin’! This combined with icons could make finding what you’re looking for a breeze.

Game_Whino

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

/\ I have to disagree, they already have tabs on the bookmark page which will show you just stores, forums, ect.

edit I am a GIANT douchebag who did not see “tubmail”

Game_Whino edited this message on 11/01/2007 2:21AM

pokeyseks81

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Being able to message other users using the in-game messenger would be nice. Of course then you’d also be able to block them in case they get obnoxious. (But who would do that? Log in to see images!

Hozmosis

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 10 Troll

REAL TROUT REAL WORLD REAL RULES REAL VIOLENCE REAL PUMPKIN

It seems that quote doesn’t work for names with an underscore in them.

Vorkoski

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hozmosis Posted:

It seems that quote doesn’t work for names with an underscore in them.

Oh, that makes sense. I was wondering why half the quotes didn’t work, I guess it is because half the people are quoting Game_Whino.

Game_Whino

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Weird, I’d never seen that particular problem before. It shouldn’t be to hard to fix though. I’m sorry I broke the Forums Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!