Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music MORE SPECIFIC MUSIC DISCUSSION

demyztikx

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

MC Frontalot

MC Plus+

or just go to Pandora.com and tell it what you like. Pandora pwns nuggets hard.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Morning Glory. i don’t know why, but they weren’t as popular as the other band Ezra Kire (aka Ezra Glory/Ezra Crack) fronted, INDK. INDK just isn’t as good.

they’ve made some of the best punk music i’ve heard in recent history and it’s next to impossible to find. i got lucky finding a torrent of it. they’re the best of the Crack Rocksteady bands in my opinion, although i do enjoy Choking Victim and Leftover Crack.

if you download music, it’s worth searching for. look for the 2007 re-issue of The Whole World Is Watching or the album This Is No Time Ta Sleep.

Everybodyknows edited this message on 03/27/2008 2:53AM

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

I never have any good gauge of how obscure my music is, so I’m sorry if I throw out any names nobody’s ever heard of… ^^;;

I have a TON of music, all over the spectrum that I adore, but here are a few highlights that come to mind at the moment:

Gentle Giant – hard to describe. Erm…renaissance rock?

Fear Factory – industrial metal Log in to see images! “Obsolete” is one of my all-time favorite albums

Mike Keneally – he’s done a lot of studio work for random people, and he has an AWESOME solo album called “Hat”

BIGdumbFACE – Wes Borland’s solo project after he left Limp Bizkit…it’s ****ing awesome.

Camel – “The Snow Goose” is my other all-time favorite album. Awesome instrumental concept album based on a children’s story.

Danny Elfman (and Oingo Boingo) – I love pretty much everything he’s ever done. Log in to see images!

Ehhhh…there’ll be more later, I’m sure. I fail at putting lists in any semblance of order, eheheh.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Rodrigo y Gabriella. Mexican duo of former thrash metallists turned clbumical guitarists.

They were on Letterman, so I guess they’re not that obscure, though.

Escher edited this message on 03/28/2008 5:30PM

tabmow

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Binaerpilot is freaking awesome. You can download the mp3’s right from their site too, which is nice. If you’re into electro or electronic (or perhaps even game music), try listening to Tokyomatrix3000, Rocket, You Can’t Stop Da Funk, I Quiet Machine, and Destroy the Popollution.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I’ve been really into Gogol Bordello lately. ****ing AMAZING stuff.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Overhyped stuff that I still kinda dig:

Black Kids

Le Sac vs. Pip

Not as hyped, a little newer:

Born Ruffians

My all time love, not new at all, but brilliant (I want to touch Kevin Barnes’s weewee):

of Montreal

TorumFroll

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Kamelot, although I hope they don’t ditch their melodic power sound for a more symphonic style. (And Ghost Opera is showing that Log in to see images!

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

TorumFroll Posted:

Kamelot, although I hope they don’t ditch their melodic power sound for a more symphonic style. (And Ghost Opera is showing that Log in to see images!

awesome group.

Digital Kill and VnV Nation need a little recognition.

Evil Foreskin

Level 6 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

I’d share but I don’t want you people ruining my concerts and club scenes anymore than you already have.

stab my hear-
t because yo-
ure bored

Avatar: stab my heart because youre bored's Avatar

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

any fans of the the black lips? these guys have been around since 2000 but they only recently started getting out when they released an album last year. ive been following them for a while, their shows are wild, at one show a couple guys in the band started puking all over each other Log in to see images!

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

stab my heart because youre bored Posted:

any fans of the the black lips? these guys have been around since 2000 but they only recently started getting out when they released an album last year. ive been following them for a while, their shows are wild, at one show a couple guys in the band started puking all over each other Log in to see images!

so? jimmy urine of mindless self indulgence ****es on his fans in the front row at shows. it’s nothing special or new.

bodily functions don’t make you hardcore unless they’re unusual body functions.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

bulldyke Posted:

Overhyped stuff that I still kinda dig:

Black Kids

Le Sac vs. Pip

Not as hyped, a little newer:

Born Ruffians

My all time love, not new at all, but brilliant (I want to touch Kevin Barnes’s weewee):

of Montreal

I LOVE YOU LET ME HAVE YOUR BABIES

except for the of montreal part, I never got into them.

In terms of ‘big’ indie bands, my all time favorites would have to be The Arcade Fire and Broken Social Scene.

Odalisque

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

I LOVE YOU LET ME HAVE YOUR BABIES

except for the of montreal part, I never got into them.

In terms of ‘big’ indie bands, my all time favorites would have to be The Arcade Fire and Broken Social Scene.

You can have all my babies, I don’t want them.

So you like some of the ambient stuff, what do you think about Yeasayer?

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I kind of like a little bit everything. Which is something most people say, but they’re liars and suck.

Yeasayer is awesome.

In terms of lighter music, I’ve been listening to them and A Silver Mt. Zion a lot lately.

Right now I’m really burning out The Unicorns stuff though. I’m pretty sure i’ll eventually get to the point where I’ve worn them out to the point where I never want to listen to them again. It’s a bad habit of mine. Log in to see images!

Odalisque

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

I Log in to see images!? It’s the new project of Nick and J’aime from The Unicorns.

If you like The Unicorns you may like Times New Viking if you haven’t heard them yet.

This post needs more Unicorns.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

I CLAIM ALL THE CREDIT FOR MAKING NANA LISTEN TO ISLANDS.

Odalisque

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

BirdofPrey Posted:

I CLAIM ALL THE CREDIT FOR MAKING NANA LISTEN TO ISLANDS.

I AWARD YOU A GOLD STAR* Log in to see images! !!!

*of david

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Oh yeah, he ****ed at me until I listened to “When there’s a will there’s a whalebone” and now I cant stop.

I heard the other day there’s yet another unicorn spinoff, a band called Clues. According to haggis their album is coming out in November.

Just_Cy

[Wrecking Queens]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I’ve been listening to Velcra quite a lot recently. Not so new in total, but they just released new material after a quiet period.

It’s a bit industrialish rock (especially the older stuff) with nice female vocals. The new material is a lot calmer, but I like it nevertheless.

——

And btw. I also just found Tegan & Sara through some net-radio channel and am quite liking it.

——

EDIT: Another not well known band abroad, but one of my favourites is Kemopetrol. It’s calming electropopish band with, again, nice female vocals.

(Yes, I’m a sucker for good female vocalists… )

Just_Cy edited this message on 04/04/2008 8:12PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!