Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Religion our "klan," wechall, has agreed to put an end to inter-klan hostility and extend the hand of friendship to our lesser brethren.

Serpula Lacr-
imans

Avatar: 150132 Sun Mar 01 16:34:15 -0500 2009

[WeChall]

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

if this thread has uplifted your spirits thus far, please spread the joy into others. infect everyone with your mirth.

“love is the greatest disease” – albert einstein

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Wait what are the requirements to get in your klan again? They must have slipped my mind or something because I can’t remember them.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Serpula Lacrimans Posted:

we have a thread in our klan’s forum denoting the deviances of other forum members. it is kept by quangntenemy himself, who places a high value on knowledge and wisdom, rather than one’s place in society or on these forums.

Ahahahaha, awesome. I love it when people talk about me. Being the center of attention is cool. Tell quang thanks for me.

Look, shock images! I’m edgy! Please remember me.

http://i43.tinypic.com/oibvrr.jpg

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

Shii: youre a ****ing retard-esque

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

also its serpula lacrymans you dumb ****

Serpula Lacr-
imans

[WeChall]

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

this thread is more successful than i would have imagined. i call on other “klan leaders” to nudge their members in line with the goals i’ve laid out.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

this thread is more successful than i would have imagined. i call on other “klan leaders” to nudge their members in line with the goals i’ve laid out.

Yeh, Flamebate posters have a tendency to ridicule and mock morons. Congrats on your “success.”

Tesfan

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Serpula lacrymans

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Serpula lacrymans

Scientific clbumification

Kingdom: Fungi

Division: Basidiomycota

Clbum: Basidiomycetes

Order: Boletales

Family: Coniophoraceae

Genus: Serpula

Species: S. lacrymans

Binomial name

Serpula lacrymans

(Wulfen) J. Schröt. (1885)

The damaged wall with fruit bodies

Serpula lacrymans is one of the fungi that are responsible for dry rot. It is a basidiomycete in the order Boletales.

Contents

[hide]

* 1 Nomenclature

* 2 Environment

* 3 Distribution

* 4 Impact on structures

* 5 References

* 6 External links

Nomenclature

In taxonomical science the first mention of the synonyms Merulius lacrymans was in 1720 by Boerhaave. The first rigorous description of Serpula lacrymans in its fruit bodies was done by Acgreat times in 1827. The growth cycle of Serpula lacrymans is extremely complex and can only be seen under a microscope.

Environment

Serpula lacrymans has a preference for temperatures of 21 to 22 degrees Celsius but can survive any temperature from 3 to 26 degrees Celsius. It is not clear how much light is needed to promote Serpula lacrymans growth. In terms of aeration Serpula lacrymans often grows near ventilation shafts which shows a preference for concentrated oxygen. A moisture content of 30 to 40 percent is its ideal level in wood to promote fruit-body formation.[1]

Distribution

Although it is a common indoor biodeterioration agent, it has only been found in a few natural enviroments, the Himalayas[2][3], Northern California[4][5], the Czech Republic[6] and east Asia.[7] A recent study on the evolutionary origin and spread of this species using genetic markers (amplified fragment length polymorphisms, DNA sequences and microsatellites) on a worldwide sample of specimens suggested the existence of two main lineages, a nonaggressive lineage found in North America, and an aggressive lineage found on all continents, both in natural environments and buildings.[8]

Impact on structures

Serpula lacrymans is considered to be the most damaging destroyer of indoor wood construction materials in temperate regions.[9][10]

“In the United Kingdom alone, the estimated cost of rectifying damage caused by dry rot is at least 150 million pounds per annum.”[9]

References

1. ^ Neil Grieve. “Dry rot/Wet rot”. The Conservation Glossary. University of Dundee. http://www.trp.dundee.ac.uk/research/glossary/dryrot.html.

2. ^ Bagchee K. (1954) Merulius lacrymans (Wulf.) Fr. in India. Sydowia 8: 80–85

3. ^ White NA, Dehal-Prabhjyot K, Duncan JM. (2001) Molecular analysis of intraspecific variation between building and ‘wild’ isolates of Serpula lacrymans and their relatedness to S. himantioides. Mycological Research 105: 447–452.

4. ^ Cooke WB. (1955). Fungi of Mount Shasta (1936–51). Sydowia 9: 94–215.

5. ^ Harmsen L. (1960). Taxonomic and cultural studies on brown-spored species of the genus. Friesia 6: 233–277.

6. ^ Kotlaba F. (1992). Nalezy drevomorky domaci — Serpula lacrymans v prirode. Ceska Mykologie 46: 143–147.

7. ^ Kauserud H, Högberg N, Knudsen H, Elborne SA, Schumacher T. (2004). Molecular phylogenetics suggest a North American link between the anthropogenic dry rot fungus Serpula lacrymans and its wild relative S. himantioides. Molecular Ecology 13: 3137–3146.

8. ^ Kauserud H, Svegården IB, Saetre GP, Knudsen H, Stensrud Ø, Schmidt O, Doi S, Sugiyama T, Högberg N (August 2007). “Asian origin and rapid global spread of the destructive dry rot fungus Serpula lacrymans”. Mol. Ecol. 16 (16): 3350–60. doi:10.1111/j.1365-294X.2007.03387.x. PMID 17688538.

9. ^ a b Serpula Lacrymans Fundamental Biology and Control Strategies, edited by D.H. Jennings and A.F. Bravery, Wiley, West Sussex, 1991, ISBN 9780471930587 This book goes into far more detail than can be covered here. It is a collection of scientific papers from scientists throughout the world who have studied Serpula lacrymans. Quotes are from page 9 of the introduction in the book.

10. ^ Olaf Schmidt (2006). Wood and Tree Fungi: Biology, Damage, Protection, and Use. Berlin: Springer. ISBN 3-540-32138-1.

External links

* Index Fungorum

Retrieved from “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpula_lacrymans”

Categories: Boletales

Views

* Article

* Discussion

* Edit this page

* History

Personal tools

Navigation

* Main page

* Contents

* Featured content

* Current events

* Random article

Search

Interaction

* About Wikipedia

* Community portal

* Recent changes

* Contact Wikipedia

* Donate to Wikipedia

* Help

Toolbox

* What links here

* Related changes

* Upload file

* Special pages

* Printable version

* Permanent link

* Cite this page

Languages

* Česky

* Dansk

* Deutsch

* Esperanto

* Français

* 日本語

* Nederlands

* Polski

* Русский

* Svenska

Powered by MediaWiki

Wikimedia Foundation

* This page was last modified on 8 April 2009 at 04:52.

* Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License; additional terms may apply. See Terms of Use for details.

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Serpula Lacr-
imans

[WeChall]

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Shii Posted:

Yeh, Flamebate posters have a tendency to ridicule and mock morons. Congrats on your “success.”

once again, you are being incredibly antagonistic despite your own personal faults. perhaps you feel that because i’m a little-known poster you can attack me to appear the “bigger man.” yet you’ll notice that you have not even been invited to join a “klan” at all, let alone one as illustrious as ours.

Tesfan

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

once again, you are being incredibly antagonistic despite your own personal faults. perhaps you feel that because i’m a little-known poster you can attack me to appear the “bigger man.” yet you’ll notice that you have not even been invited to join a “klan” at all, let alone one as illustrious as ours.

Serpula Lacr-
imans

[WeChall]

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

tesfan, i’m sorry if i seem to be ignoring you, but i think you’re one of the “trolls” outlined in my opening post. i also don’t really understand what you are talking about. this name is just a nickname i have at school. my friend ricky gave it to me.

Serpula Lacr-
imans

[WeChall]

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

ah, my mother just noticed the light under my door. i’ll see you another day, friends. Log in to see images!

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Shii Posted:

This thread deserves nothing more

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

i bring message of paece on behave of klan **** u: fabulous personballs

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

ballsacks

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Fie Posted:

ballsacks

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

stop making shii look good

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So it’s not ok for me to “make fun of” little known posters, but it’s fine for you to bumume whatever you’d like about people you don’t know. Right.

I have 9 separate klan invites sitting in my Invites page at this very moment, and quang himself hbumled me for a solid month trying to get me to join WeChall. I don’t enjoy hanging out with snobby, self-fellating jerks like your klan is composed of, so I’ve refused him. (Until the day I accepted his invite, went through your klan, and had my WeChall Adventures.)

Shii edited this message on 07/30/2009 2:47AM

Tesfan

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

oh god im so hard

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Shii Posted:

So it’s not ok for me to “make fun of” little known posters, but it’s fine for you to bumume whatever you’d like about people you don’t know. Right.

I have 9 separate klan invites sitting in my Invites page at this very moment, and quang himself hbumled me for a solid month trying to get me to join WeChall. I don’t enjoy hanging out with snobby, self-fellating jerks like your klan is composed of, so I’ve refused him. (Until the day I accepted his invite, went through your klan, and had my WeChall Adventures.)

Hi Shii ever since Raepdog left us we’ve been in need of a new dog come join us we’ll even make you officer Log in to see images! quantumenergy edited this message on 07/30/2009 2:59AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Shii Posted:

I have 9 separate klan invites sitting in my Invites page at this very moment

Are you collecting them? Can I add to the illustrious list of Klans Shii isn’t a part of? I have a lot kicking around and they’re just cluttering up my desk.

[15:09] <Dunatis> The US is very good at not getting involved in major worlds wars until the last year or two and then giving itself all the credit

[15:10] <&Phuquit> and it seems to me that the US feels so bad about turning up late for the last 2 world wars that it’s determined to be REALLY punctual for the next one

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!