Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Politics Domination Ruined

Muffkin

[Noblesse Oblige]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

waaaahhh, multiplayer games take cooperation to succeed at some facets of the game!

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Also, apologies to Acid Flux for stealin’ your title for a sec there.

Hey, I’m just playin’ the role. Really, I’m a nice guy at heart, just Tubmail me to find out.

On an epic quest to male reproductive organslap all emo kids into oblivion.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Obviously it’s important to us that the game be fun for a lot of people. We’ve already said we’re going to nerf vanilla somehow. It’ll be the focus of tonight’s weekly crotchzombie meeting. I’m going to re-read the thread and all suggestions so we can talk about them all and figure out the best plan of attack for Wednesday’s update.

pimp doubt

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Suggestion 1 – limit Klans to 20 members, and don’t bother changing the mechanics – they are fine, but the numbers of players have risen so rapidly they’ve outgrown the engine. It’s way too easy to pwn all the forums over and over with a little coordination. Limiting Klan size would make that far more difficult, and have the effect of nerfing the number of vanillas winnable.

Suggestion 2 – don’t award vanilla scoops to Klan members who haven’t participated in the raid (or make it simple – if they haven’t logged in in the last (say) 24 hours when their klan wins scoops, they get nada.

Suggestion 3 – Raise the limit for using bumhole cards from <4 scoops – it’s the only way for independent players to have any real impact on SOTQR members, and if they want to use their bumhole cards they have to basically give up any hope of winning themselves. Alternatively, scrap the limit, but make them only cost a player 5 scoops.

Just a few ideas.

pimp doubt edited this message on 03/17/2008 11:51AM

looʇ ƃuıʞɔnɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ – suoıʇɐlnʇɐɹƃuoɔ ‘sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ uʍop ǝpısdn pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ pǝuɹnʇ noʎ ɟı

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

pimp doubt Posted:

Suggestion – limit Klans to 20 members, and don’t bother changing the mechanics.

Some people are in Klans for more reasons than Domination. I don’t play Domination, but I’m in FoL. Why? Because I can be. Probably not the best course of action, you’ll have 40-50 “seperate” klans that are all co-ordinated through an intricate and annoying tubmail system. Yes, some people do want vanillas that bad.

Hey, I’m just playin’ the role. Really, I’m a nice guy at heart, just Tubmail me to find out.

On an epic quest to male reproductive organslap all emo kids into oblivion.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

pimp doubt Posted:

Suggestion 1 – limit Klans to 20 members, and don’t bother changing the mechanics – they are fine, but the numbers of players have risen so rapidly they’ve outgrown the engine. It’s way too easy to pwn all the forums over and over with a little coordination. Limiting Klan size would make that far more difficult, and have the effect of nerfing the number of vanillas winnable.

In all honesty, I think that’s a really bad idea. If you made sure your Klan was comprised solely of active members who wanted to raid, you’d still be able to pull off some impressive stunts with 20 members. Klan communities would also be much more limited – I don’t believe there should be a choice between being competitive and having a good atmosphere, and I think that at least for the Sisterhood, our private forum has good posts coming from people that don’t necessarily participate in raids.

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Some people are in Klans for more reasons than Domination. I don’t play Domination, but I’m in FoL. Why? Because I can be. Probably not the best course of action, you’ll have 40-50 “seperate” klans that are all co-ordinated through an intricate and annoying tubmail system. Yes, some people do want vanillas that bad.

Er…how would that work for vanilla? You have to be in the same Klan to reap the rewards.

Sancdar edited this message on 03/17/2008 11:55AM

pimp doubt

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Well, at least then they would have earned them. I can’t participate in the Sisterhood raids as they happen at 4am my time, yet I still get hundreds of vanilla scoops, making me feel no motivation whatsoever to earn any other ones. Particularly chocolate – I think a lot of people are feeling the same way, as shown by the decrease in number and quality of submissions to Forumbuildr. Why spend time racking your brains for a couple of chocolate scoops when you can be in the right Klan and get hundreds of vanillas?

pimp doubt edited this message on 03/17/2008 11:55AM

looʇ ƃuıʞɔnɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ – suoıʇɐlnʇɐɹƃuoɔ ‘sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ uʍop ǝpısdn pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ pǝuɹnʇ noʎ ɟı

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Thread? Dead.

See here for your further constructive criticism. Don’t respond here.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

flamin kooz Posted:

Why even try when I see 380 some vanilla scoops. Whats the point on even trying? wWell that part of the game is dead and ruined…

I wouldn’t say ruined, but it’s definitely impossible to compete.

Edit: Oops, I just read the post above. My mistake Log in to see images! Tarman edited this message on 06/18/2008 10:37PM

98% of forumgoers have put a statistic like this in their sig. If you are one of the 2% who hasn’t, put this in your sig.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

What’s with all the bumps, Arktor? Log in to see images!

Lo! Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

TeeKayEff Posted:

What’s with all the bumps, Arktor? Log in to see images!

I’d like to offer a really good reason. But mostly what it comes down to is wanting to discuss the vanilla issue without raising MC Banhammer’s Top Flamebater score. After all, half of domination is keeping your competition low on the scoreboards!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I have to agree. I don’t care why it was decided to limit it to one thread, but I do think it is frustrating and limiting to be told to only use one thread to discuss every single aspect of such a broad part of Dom. Log in to see images!

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

scullyangel Posted:

I have to agree. I don’t care why it was decided to limit it to one thread, but I do think it is frustrating and limiting to be told to only use one thread to discuss every single aspect of such a broad part of Dom. Log in to see images!

Exactly. I find myself agreeing with the concept, but one thread to discuss vanilla seems like overkill. There’s a variety of subtopics each deserving its own thread, including:

-Possible changes to how klan vanilla is earned

-Possible changes to how solo vanilla is earned

-The interaction between vanilla and the other scoops

-Additional card suggestions / changes to cards (based on scoops earned, cards in hand, etc.)

-Possible changes to how brackets are formed

Trying to discuss all of these in one thread might not be a bad idea on paper, but it just leads to one confusing thread.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Arktor Posted:

But mostly what it comes down to is wanting to discuss the vanilla issue without raising MC Banhammer’s Top Flamebater score.

I couldn’t agree more. It must be nice to have the ability to shut down any competing thread so your score continues to soar.

scullyangel Posted:

Again, I couldn’t agree more.

Click here to give me internets!

View/click my draginz please

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

haha wow. reading these old threads really reminds me what woman's genitalss the sisterhood were.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

BirdofPrey Posted:

haha wow. reading these old threads really reminds me what woman's genitalss the sisterhood were.

The old sisters had a ton of trolls disguised as cams.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

BirdofPrey Posted:

i agree

thank god they quit

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

BirdofPrey Posted:

quotin dis

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Okay, yeah. The reason they were all shunted into one thread is because back then, there were about 20 different threads all saying the exact same thing. And recently, it’s happening again. “Vanilla scoops are broken!” “How can I compete against 180 scoops?” “How did CheaterZ get 68 cards already?” “Look at this screenshot, is this fair?”

If you have different comments about vanilla being broken, fine. But all of the above are exactly the same.

Arktor Posted:

there’s a variety of subtopics each deserving its own thread, including:

-Possible changes to how klan vanilla is earned

-Possible changes to how solo vanilla is earned

-The interaction between vanilla and the other scoops

Fine. Make separate topics on these, then, and let’s see if they don’t all degenerate into what I have posted at the top. If they do, it’s back to one thread.

This thread belongs in either Whiny ****es or Domination, though. I’m thinking the former.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!