Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Lag.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Has anyone else been having trouble with the site for the past couple of hours?

funkytowel

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Yeah me…Every freakin nightLog in to see images!

There is Somthing about this time makes the game run incredible slowLog in to see images! funkytowel edited this message on 03/15/2008 4:31AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

It’s getting a bit frustrating trying to make speedruns. I get halfway through the forum, and then it locks up and I get the ‘Oops, Refresh Tim’ popup.

Seriously, if you get that pop-up, you should still get 1 Lemon scoop as way of an apology. At least then my speed run attempt isn’t a total loss. I normally get 2 or 3 from Rice, Rice. Getting none because the server lags is frakking annoying.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

How ‘bout a lemon scoop IF&ONLYIF you are already in Domination that week. Just so we don’t give lemon to non-compoopetitors.

OO

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In character, but not into thrashing here.

Sbum my bum in RPG, and you’ll get burnt!

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I never got a lemon from getting that.

Then again, I’m not in Dom.

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

I disagree with getting a free lemon scoop because of lag, because it would give a lot of free scoops to people who might not have earned one, anyway.

I’d agree with shaving a specific number of seconds off each run.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

mary misanthrope Posted:

I disagree with getting a free lemon scoop because of lag, because it would give a lot of free scoops to people who might not have earned one, anyway.

I’d agree with shaving a specific number of seconds off each run.

Your Klan made a huge Vanilla run (and members that didn’t even make a single forum run that day got tons of Vanilla) and you’re concerned about one Lemon Scoop going to a player that may or may not have earned one, but we’ll never know because of server lag?

I have to politely disagree with your stated concerns. I know for a fact that I have missed out on at least 6-9 Lemon scoops because of 3 lag-killed runs on Rice, Rice. I think it’s a better solution to at least grant a token scoop (or hell, even a half-scoop) for a lag-killed run.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

The lag doesn’t just pop out of nowhere, if the site is slow in general, check back at another time.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Echuu Posted:

The lag doesn’t just pop out of nowhere, if the site is slow in general, check back at another time.

Incorrect. I made a two 3 Scoop runs on Rice, Rice yesterday, one right after another, and then on my third run, the lag appeared halfway through the run, adding over 60 seconds to my total runtime, denying me even a single scoop.

The lag does appear out of nowhere. I’ve got one of the fastest run times on Rice, Rice (21s). I know how to plan ahead for normal lag.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/15/2008 5:37PM

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

And you are definitely sure that this is serverside?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Echuu Posted:

And you are definitely sure that this is serverside?

I had no interruptions on this side at all. No other browsers or tabs open, no other apps, no slowdown on my signal strength (which was the first thing I checked when the ‘error’ message popped), nothing on this side. As soon as I got through the run, I even logged onto other sites and got no delays at all.

It was on the FW side.

Note that I’m not angry about missing out on some scoops, but simply that a ‘consolation prize’ is perfectly fair, IMNSHO.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/15/2008 5:40PM

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

Acid Flux Posted:

Your Klan made a huge Vanilla run (and members that didn’t even make a single forum run that day got tons of Vanilla) and you’re concerned about one Lemon Scoop going to a player that may or may not have earned one, but we’ll never know because of server lag?

I have to politely disagree with your stated concerns. I know for a fact that I have missed out on at least 6-9 Lemon scoops because of 3 lag-killed runs on Rice, Rice. I think it’s a better solution to at least grant a token scoop (or hell, even a half-scoop) for a lag-killed run.

Look, my Klan and domination strategy for Vanilla runs are not relevant in this discussion — we’re discussing Lemon scoops.

Vanilla runs require a lot of effort, strategy and coordination, and I will leave it at that. My Klan’s sheer size did not bring us victory; we’re not even the biggest Klan in the game.

In regard to Lemon scoops, if you get the “refresh” message, a certain number of seconds should be shaved off the score, per message.

If you just give free scoops to everyone, people would probably try to exploit it, saving turns until lag was really bad and hoping to get a bunch of scoops. It could, in theory, make lag a lot worse.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

mary misanthrope Posted:

Look, my Klan and domination strategy for Vanilla runs are not relevant in this discussion — we’re discussing Lemon scoops.

Vanilla runs require a lot of effort, strategy and coordination, and I will leave it at that. My Klan’s sheer size did not bring us victory; we’re not even the biggest Klan in the game.

You brought up the point of someone being awarded Scoops without having actually actively earned them. A pbumive member of your Klan (one who did not participate in the raid) would still have earned 24 Scoops. That definitely qualifies as being awarded scoops even though there was no active participation. If you feel that no scoops should be awarded to someone that gets hit by lag during a speedrun, then I believe you cannot logically support scoops being awarded to non-active Klan members.

Those members that did participate in the raid deserve every scoop they got, don’t get me wrong. But you have to agree that many members received scoops simply because they were members, and not through any individual action.

In regard to Lemon scoops, if you get the “refresh” message, a certain number of seconds should be shaved off the score, per message.

How many seconds? How long is the average lag effect? There are too many variables in question. The simple solution is to award a single (or even partial) scoop if the lag interferes with a run.

If you just give free scoops to everyone, people would probably try to exploit it, saving turns until lag was really bad and hoping to get a bunch of scoops. It could, in theory, make lag a lot worse.

One scoop per forum run, with a maximum of 4 runs per day, is absolutely, positively, not going to unbalance the game. Considering how broken Vanilla scoops currently are, this remedy for Lemon Scoops is positively benign.

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Instead of shaving seconds of it could freeze the counter, the server detects a hickup as we know from the yellow box that pops up, now if this is doable and worthwhile i don’t know.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Echuu Posted:

Instead of shaving seconds of it could freeze the counter, the server detects a hickup as we know from the yellow box that pops up, now if this is doable and worthwhile i don’t know.

*puts on geek-talk sensitive sunglbumes* Log in to see images!

Nope. As I understand it, the that pop-up is client side. The server can’t validate nothin’.

*takes off jet black geek-talk sensitive sunglbumes* Log in to see images!

Good idea, though. No shame in not knowing that.

OO

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Eh, my answer to all lag related problems tends to be: Throw money at it.

I figure if More people donate More money More often, Crotch Zombie can buy More server.

But that’s just my $5.

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

markchd Posted:

Eh, my answer to all lag related problems tends to be: Throw money at it.

I figure if More people donate More money More often, Crotch Zombie can buy More server.

But that’s just my $5.

That’s my 15$

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

N my $10… Log in to see images!

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I get lag all the time. I’m trying to hit the forums later in the day. It’s packed right after the rollover. I haven’t gotten lemonscoops but than again I haven’t really veen trying, I’m still using my mouse instead of keyboard keys.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m all keyboard, and I’m still not lemon-worthy. It’s cool.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!