Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface New Text-Based forum not in pistachio script

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

was Posted:

I never questioned the reason for using the script, I can understand how it is helpful I don’t see how anyone could use the word “vital” and the phrase “pretty much integral to Domination.”

Is using a calculator “vital” for math clbum? It ensures you don’t make mistakes nearly as often and it speeds up your homework. Do you need your hand held in math clbum?

You can do division just fine on your own, but it takes 5 times longer. That’s basically what the streak marker is.

I can DO 2983 x 4899 out on paper, but I don’t, because to refuse tools based on the sentiment that “using things like that is having my hand held” is just very special.

EDIT: And I don’t think anyone would argue that a calculator is vital for Math clbum.

Shii edited this message on 05/20/2009 7:37PM

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Neona Posted:

probably. I guess this might be my excuse to bum myself around to improving the matching code.. i had been planning on doing it eventually. I’ll update when i get it fixed, probably in a way that is more future-proof this time.

Currently the script is not compatible with Google Chrome. Would you be able to add that functionality? Or is it much to difficult?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Currently the script is not compatible with Google Chrome. Would you be able to add that functionality? Or is it much to difficult?

Did you manage to get other greasemonkey scripts to work on chrome or chromium(the beta versions of chrome) now? I tried a few months ago and gave up.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Wylin Posted:

Did you manage to get other greasemonkey scripts to work on chrome or chromium(the beta versions of chrome) now? I tried a few months ago and gave up.

I’m running 2.0.181.1:

4 facebook scripts: The no-home, Event mover, Notifications in the tab and cleaner URLs.

Forumwarz scripts: The Herschel Jewstein one, and the new dot moar one.

FW scripts that do not work (that I’ve tried): ANY extended navigation, streak marker, forumhelper.

-MLF- edited this message on 05/20/2009 8:06PM

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/39910

happy birthday, I fixed it.

More futureproof now I think, also works on the dom page again (though only without a script that turns the forums into links, probably). dom page is likely glitchy.

anyway, it works. =P

also, in response to the chrome questions: how the hell do you use user scripts in chrome? I didn’t even know you could. Anyway, the issue is probably the fetch code, as i use the greasemonkey ajax function for that.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Neona Posted:

how the hell do you use user scripts in chrome? I didn’t even know you could. Anyway, the issue is probably the fetch code, as i use the greasemonkey ajax function for that.

You save the script to

C:\Dogreat timesents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\User Scripts\
or
C:\Dogreat timesents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\User Scripts\
(wherever your user data folder is).

EDIT: Still doesn’t work in Chrome Log in to see images! -MLF- edited this message on 05/20/2009 10:23PM

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Neona Posted:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/39910

happy birthday, I fixed it.

More futureproof now I think, also works on the dom page again (though only without a script that turns the forums into links, probably). dom page is likely glitchy.

anyway, it works. =P

also, in response to the chrome questions: how the hell do you use user scripts in chrome? I didn’t even know you could. Anyway, the issue is probably the fetch code, as i use the greasemonkey ajax function for that.

Awesome!! Thanks!!

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

MeatLoafFan Posted:

You save the script to

C:\Dogreat timesents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\User Scripts\
or
C:\Dogreat timesents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\User Scripts\
(wherever your user data folder is).

EDIT: Still doesn’t work in Chrome Log in to see images!

of course not. you would need to change what function it uses to fetch the streak page. i’d suggest importing prototype for that. also, delete the lines to unprotect $, $ $, and Ajax if you do that, as they might be breaking too, and prototype supplies them.

Neona edited this message on 05/20/2009 10:35PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I believe you are arguing against defining the script as ‘vital’. I think the ‘necessity’ of the script is directly proportional to the level of Domination competition involved. If all of your competitors are using it and benefiting from the advantage it brings, then it can easily be considered ‘vital’.

In other words, it situational. I don’t compete heavily in Domination anymore, so it’s a ‘nice-to-have’ not a ‘have-to-have’.

First. Thank you. I wanted to make sure we both were on the same page.

Second. I don’t even know why you guys are trying to drag me into an argument about this. My second post in this thread, amazingly, to try to understand another’s point of view. Though, I did follow it up with a sort of editorial that may or may not be fair.

You guys can continue to post the same unfair analogies. And I could post that one of the definitions of vital is “of critical importance”, and I if I did that I would stress “critical”. And if I chose, I could also bring up that the script does not directly affect scoop gains, and so has no bearing on “keeping up with the competition”. But I am not going to do any of that, because I was fine with leaving it after Wylin’s last post on the first page and continuing this is below me.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Ricket Posted:

I just played around with this script a little. If you want the icon before the forum name, change

forums[forum].appendChild(tmp);

to

forums[forum].parentNode.insertBefore(tmp, forums[forum]);

Personally, I like it the other way.

Very Cool! I’m using this now, much better than before

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

was Posted:

First. Thank you. I wanted to make sure we both were on the same page.

Second. I don’t even know why you guys are trying to drag me into an argument about this. My second post in this thread, amazingly, to try to understand another’s point of view. Though, I did follow it up with a sort of editorial that may or may not be fair.

You guys can continue to post the same unfair analogies. And I could post that one of the definitions of vital is “of critical importance”, and I if I did that I would stress “critical”. And if I chose, I could also bring up that the script does not directly affect scoop gains, and so has no bearing on “keeping up with the competition”. But I am not going to do any of that, because I was fine with leaving it after Wylin’s last post on the first page and continuing this is below me.

Hey. You can’t end the argument when I haven’t even responded yet Log in to see images!

The script is now of critical importance to my strategy, due to the way I play this game, and the players I compete with. I previously used a spreadsheet (copying and pasting the forum pwned list) to list the forums not part of my streak yet. This was more time consuming, and generated more errors, and is now impractical due to the number of forums. Using all available tools to avoid errors when pwning forums for pistachio meets your ‘critical importance’ definition for this game since pistachio is indespensible, and this is the most convenient way to do so. So, more accurate, more foolproof, less time consuming.

If I were pwning forums all in order, I wouldn’t be able to earn vanilla, since waiting for forums to fall naturally is too time consuming. So I push with alts which are also doing their own pistachio runs, and this leads to many out of order visits.

Note this doesn’t mean I’m in favour of scripts in general, because it leads to an arms race of unofficial (unsupported) code, and there’s a significant incentive to develop stuff and keep it to yourself.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

If I were pwning forums all in order, I wouldn’t be able to earn vanilla, since waiting for forums to fall naturally is too time consuming.

If you’re pwning in order you shouldn’t ever need to re-pwn something you already hold. The script is dandy for raids, though.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Is there some trick to getting this script to actually work? I’ve installed it several times and have never seen a single pistachio marker by any forum on any page.

All of this is far above my head, but I’ve been able to get most other scripts to at least do something useful.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Sneaky27 Posted:

Is there some trick to getting this script to actually work? I’ve installed it several times and have never seen a single pistachio marker by any forum on any page.

All of this is far above my head, but I’ve been able to get most other scripts to at least do something useful.

Have you installed the grease monkey add on?

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

The Baroness Posted:

Have you installed the grease monkey add on?

Yes, I’m running most of the FWZ GM scripts. Is there a conflict between them that could be causing this one to not work?

Edit: I only run grease monkey scripts for FWZ, if that helps.

Sneaky27 edited this message on 05/21/2009 12:57PM

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Sneaky27 Posted:

Yes, I’m running most of the FWZ GM scripts. Is there a conflict between them that could be causing this one to not work?

Edit: I only run grease monkey scripts for FWZ, if that helps.

Possibly. You could always try disabling all of your other scripts, and then seeing if the script works. Log in to see images!

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Another BF member also had this problem and re-installing greasemonkey fixed it. We didn’t know why.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

@was: Sorry, man, I wasn’t trying to stir it up, although re-reading what I typed, I guess it could have come across that way.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Wylin Posted:

Another BF member also had this problem and re-installing greasemonkey fixed it. We didn’t know why.

Because Neona just updated a new version.

Also I just ported it to Opera: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/49897

quangntenemy edited this message on 05/24/2009 1:55AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

quangntenemy Posted:

Because Neona just updated a new version.

Also I just ported it to Opera: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/4989

Nah, it was like 2 weeks ago.. all the other scripts they had were working except the streak tracker.. they had to uninstall and reinstall greasemonkey, then it worked. Sounds like this might also work for Sneaky27, no?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!