Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface New Text-Based forum not in pistachio script

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

momentumenergy Posted:

would be more handy if the pistachio thing comes before the forum name instead of after. way neater.

That’s the beauty of user-side scripting – if you don’t like it, change it. Personally, I liked it better with a strikethrough (I turn off graphics some times, when speedrunning), so I changed the code for that.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Samildanach Posted:

That’s the beauty of user-side scripting – if you don’t like it, change it. Personally, I liked it better with a strikethrough (I turn off graphics some times, when speedrunning), so I changed the code for that.

This sounds very good, can you share the code?

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

was Posted:

I never questioned the reason for using the script, I can understand how it is helpful I don’t see how anyone could use the word “vital” and the phrase “pretty much integral to Domination.”

So, your argument is based upon the choice of a single word in a particular context? It definitely sounds like you’re nitpicking.

And if a significant number of serious Dom Players use the script to bumist them, then choosing not to use it is a disadvantage. That could easily make it a ‘vital’ part of any competitive Dom strategy.

It’s your personal choice on whether or not to use this ‘piece of tech’ to bumist you. Baroness was simply giving a friendly heads-up to all the other players that use the script.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

momentumenergy Posted:

Can I have this script?

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Greasemonkey

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think the criticism of “vital” comes from the fact that one can simply pwn in order and not need to look at anything. One can check the done list. One can take a minute before starting visits and make note of which 12 forums they are doing next on *gasp* a piece of paper. The end results are the same.

When it is implied that something is delivering an overwhelming advantage (this is not) the importance could be mistaken. There is no pressing reason this should be bumped up the “to do” list and given higher priority. That would be foolish as there are far more pressing things for ET to do.

The implication that those without the script or using a different browser are at a major disadvantage is where the “this is not vital” or however it was worded comes from. It most certainly is not vital. I think I’ve done just fine without it.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Inertia Posted:

This sounds very good, can you share the code?

It’s easy enough – just replace the lines

var tmp = marker.cloneNode(true);
forums[forum].appendChild(tmp);

with the line

forums[forum].setAttribute("style","text-decoration: line-through;");

Also, for even more visibility, you can use “background-color: red;” instead/also to put all the forums you’ve already run in a nice red box. Played around with both option for a while.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

scully Posted:

One can take a minute before starting visits and make note of which 12 forums they are doing next on *gasp* a piece of paper. The end results are the same.

I used to do this, and yes it works p much the same only takes longer.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

scully Posted:

I think I’ve done just fine without it.

No doubt. It’s just a handy way to keep track and avoid the 2 forums that appear twice. Imagine how much less we’d explain that to new players if it just showed them as already streaked in the forum/community forum and vanilla helper screens.

markchd edited this message on 05/20/2009 10:14AM

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

ChilePepino Posted:

I used to do this, and yes it works p much the same only takes longer.

This. It’s not a necessity by a long shot, but it is a convenience. It just takes a necessary, boring, and ultimately mindless task, and automates it, to save the user time and energy. No one “needs” it, but a lot of people (myself included) appreciate it.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

was Posted:

I guess I am just in the minority of those that don’t require handholding.

Your definition of handholding is apparently far different from mine.

Really, instead of using the vanilla helper, you could click the “expand details” links on the 4 forums/community forums you’re currently holding, but…why would you, when there’s an easily available tool that makes it far easier to gather the information you’re after?

The only difference here is one’s in-game, and the other’s a GM script.

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

It also helps with picking jobs to accept. It adds a ton of convenience.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

I just played around with this script a little. If you want the icon before the forum name, change

to

forums[forum].parentNode.insertBefore(tmp, forums[forum]);

Personally, I like it the other way.

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Ricket Posted:

I just played around with this script a little. If you want the icon before the forum name, change

to

forums[forum].parentNode.insertBefore(tmp, forums[forum]);

Personally, I like it the other way.

Any clue why the new forum doesn’t work with the script as written?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

markchd Posted:

Probably the dash. Or some other special character.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 05/20/2009 10:59AM

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

oh. the new forum is on the community forums page as

Text-Based Warriors' Guild  
(spaces after)and on the streak page without. They are identical in the source code, though. Weirdness. Can I just beg ET to drop the trailing spaces from the forum name?

markchd edited this message on 05/20/2009 11:00AM

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

markchd Posted:

That’s what I was looking for. I’m not sure why it’s breaking, but I know there was a similar issue when this script was first released with Dr. Jojo’s. It might’ve been due to the apostrophe, I’m not sure.

I’ll poke Neona when I see her online.

Edit: Or what you found. Log in to see images! Ricket edited this message on 05/20/2009 11:02AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

markchd Posted:

oh. the new forum is on the community forums page as

Text-Based Warriors' Guild  
(spaces after)and on the streak page without. They are identical in the source code, though. Weirdness. Can I just beg ET to drop the trailing spaces from the forum name?

Probably. In the meantime:

http://www.webtoolkit.info/javascript-trim.html

MC Banhammer edited this message on 05/20/2009 11:03AM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Sergeant Cid Posted:

So, your argument is based upon the choice of a single word in a particular context? It definitely sounds like you’re nitpicking.

And if a significant number of serious Dom Players use the script to bumist them, then choosing not to use it is a disadvantage. That could easily make it a ‘vital’ part of any competitive Dom strategy.

It’s your personal choice on whether or not to use this ‘piece of tech’ to bumist you. Baroness was simply giving a friendly heads-up to all the other players that use the script.

Please tell me, what is my argument? I am not sure how to respond without knowing what position I am supposed to be defending.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

was Posted:

Please tell me, what is my argument? I am not sure how to respond without knowing what position I am supposed to be defending.

I believe you are arguing against defining the script as ‘vital’. I think the ‘necessity’ of the script is directly proportional to the level of Domination competition involved. If all of your competitors are using it and benefiting from the advantage it brings, then it can easily be considered ‘vital’.

In other words, it situational. I don’t compete heavily in Domination anymore, so it’s a ‘nice-to-have’ not a ‘have-to-have’.

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Probably the dash. Or some other special character.

probably. I guess this might be my excuse to bum myself around to improving the matching code.. i had been planning on doing it eventually. I’ll update when i get it fixed, probably in a way that is more future-proof this time.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!