Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
PC Games What was the first video game you played?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

was Posted:

Everything sucked then.

i don’t really feel either way about it. guess it depends on what you like

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

We’re way off topic now, though. If we want to continue this discussion of our younger years, let’s move it to Ayn Rands. (How I wish the forum had a “split thread” function!)

ET seriously needs to do the split thread thing. Heaven forbid a conversation evolve naturally or stray from “to the point” answers. People might *gasp of horror* enjoy themselves. Log in to see images!

Lama glama

Avatar: 169571 Wed Jun 03 16:11:47 -0400 2009

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

The one and only, Alley Cat! Log in to see images!

Oh and Duck hunt is something awesome too.

Lama glama edited this message on 05/26/2009 2:59PM

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

was Posted:

Everything sucked then.

There are certain things you could do then that you can’t do now. Remember when you’d get ****ed off talking to someone on the phone? You could hang up really hard to convey that. You can’t do that on cell phones….You can push the “End call” bumon, but you can’t do it in such a way that the person gets how ****ed you are.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Odalisque Posted:

TANK on Atari when I was four. Log in to see images!

Thank god. I was starting to feel old. I’m not old enough to feel old yet. I was trying to remember the Atari cartridge I used to love at 3 or so. Star Raiders or some such nonsense.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

First dedicated games machine was a Gameboy Pocket, came with the first 2 Super Mario Land games. Still got SML2 but I don’t know for the life of me where 1 went. I’m not sure if that was before or after I was playing PC games, but it was an early birthday (probably about 5).

If the PC came first then my first game was probably Theme Park, or something from the software that came with our first PC (had a couple of games on there, kinda crappy but decent for the time. I remember one called Plane Crazy – plane racing game, that was cool.

batgrenade2442 Posted:

Chip’s Challenge on WindowsNT 3.5

I remember that game Log in to see images! although I think I played it on Windows 95 or 98.

I also remember being scared ****less by the monsters in it… most of the game was just a pressure-free puzzler, getting the right boots (flameproof/flippers etc.) to let you get across dangerous areas and finding your way through a maze or stuff, then suddenly one level there’s these freaking weird looking things that constantly run towards you to try and eat you.

Didn’t have a jot of pathfinding intelligence though, so you just had to keep them on the other side of a wall, but if they were offscreen somewhere and you accidentally led them out of the area they were boxed into they could come flying out of nowhere to mess your **** up…

TracerX

Avatar: 35886 Thu May 28 16:11:04 -0400 2009

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

At about the same time, or within 2 years, I got an NES and a Gameboy, and my grandmother bought a Tandy computer. There were also Apple IIe’s at my elementary school. So the first games for me were Super Mario Bros.(NES), Tetris(GB), Where In the USA Is Carmen Sandiego?(DOS), and Oregon Trail.

My cousins and I loved Carmen Sandiego but we were mostly too young for it. Instead of using the travel guide to find the answers like we were supposed to, one of us would run through the hall between the computer room and the living room, relaying answers from our parents to whichever cousin had control of the keyboard. Log in to see images!

NotJoePesci

Avatar: 6966 Sat Feb 21 00:54:31 -0500 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Best ethnic friend a guy could have! Also Im not racist. -Raepdog

Caesius Posted:

This. I miss the hell out of my Colecovision.

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I think the first game I really played was Pole Position on the Commodore 64. I wasn’t that good at it. =P

Somebody

Avatar: 51757 2010-03-05 21:47:01 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Klanhop Extraordinaire

Tetris

X - x

[WeChall]

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Spyro the Dragon on the PS1

I loved it so much

NeoVid

Avatar: 174653 Fri May 22 01:54:45 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Popeye on the Atari 400.

I’m as old as I am nerdy.

spam_bandit

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

As others have said, it was for me the original Mario on NES.

spartadude

[Troll-o-bots]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

EDIT:I played original Mario before that, not that anyone cares.

spartadude edited this message on 06/03/2009 2:35AM

Lord Boxtop

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Duke Nukem 3D, I think…or maybe it was the first Sonic the Hedgehog. I don’t know.

AcousticBlade

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Sonic The Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis.

TBW

Avatar: 122535 Sat Jun 06 13:52:16 -0400 2009

Level 26 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

Some game for a proto-Gameboy called Bugger or some ****.

Jack2634

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for my Genesis. Shame the thing crapped out on me when I was eight.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Pac-Man. Man, I could rock that mothe****er like no five year old you ever saw.

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Thing on a mother****ing spring!

Played it on an Amstrad CPC though not a C64. That and Curse of Sherwood. ****ing don’t make games like they used too.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!