Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun How long until we get the first piece of hardware/item that grants PP?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Hackers can equip more, and have more offense than anyone else. And with the best .moars, why the hell do you need more pp?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Hackers can equip more, and have more offense than anyone else. And with the best .moars, why the hell do you need more pp?

Other clbumes get to look at the items in itembuildr that are clbum specific or intended for their clbum and think “hmm… do I want to use this” and the answer is not always obvious (Tumorous Kidney vs. Second Grade Girls Soccer Team for example). Hackers do not.

I don’t understand why people think it’s odd that people wonder why one clbum’s unique equipment or statistic has not yet been included in itembuildr, particularly when (for endgame players) it’s one of the weakest clbumes in the game, and gains less from “better gear” than any other clbum.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/13/2009 6:39PM

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

At least shoes aren’t glbumes, tattoos, or piercings.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

It’s also nice that Emo Kids are getting this new stuff. Remember Emo Kids CAN’T equip glbumes.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

guest42 Posted:

At least shoes aren’t glbumes, tattoos, or piercings.

But these are really ****ty shoes. I mean, even people without access to EP2 can get better shoes. I think these are a p ridiculous addition.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Adapt Posted:

But these are really ****ty shoes. I mean, even people without access to EP2 can get better shoes. I think these are a p ridiculous addition.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/32373-item-buildr-making-fwz-look-unprofessional

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

CrinkzPipe Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/32373-item-buildr-making-fwz-look-unprofessional

I know, I saw that. I was just saying how the shoes are no better than anything else.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Hackers can equip more, and have more offense than anyone else.

Not to shift topics, but that’s exactly why hackers need more items. +22 to offense is a huge bump in damage to non-hackers. The bonus of .moars and the various Balls coming out of itembuildr are big!

To someone whose skills were built around getting +60 offense from clbum equipment, though, it’s not nearly as big a change. Hacker abilities deal less damage than almost anyone else’s, because it’s bumumed they have a huge offense boost in the form of Hardware. Multiplying that smaller damage by the same bumped percentage as everyone else leaves you lagging behind.

That’s not the topic of this thread, though. The point here is that if there are four clbumes, it would be nice of itembuildr to spit out an item primarily “for” Clbum D before it spits out the 5th item “for” each of clbumes A, B, and C. That’s not about clbum balance, it’s a question of “how wonky is this “randomization?”

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

So far itembuildr has generated 19 items.

1 .moar file
3  pairs of glbumes
3 tattoos
3 piercings
2 special items
2 sets of lingerie
1 fetish
3 books
1 pair of shoes

Of these items

4 grant douchebaggery
7 grant tears
8 grant sexiness

Notably absent from all of these lists is:

0 pieces of Hardware
0 items that grant Processing Power.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’m working on the item generating code today.

The first time I ran it (unchanged) on my dev server it made a Hardware item :S

Anyway, I am hoping to get improvements out soon.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Evil Trout Posted:

So it is possible. Good to know.

Off the top of your head, do you know if PP can spawn on any types of items other than hardware? It makes sense that it should be available in books (since there is already a book that gives PP) and maybe from glbumes (since it makes sense, and glbumes already give multiple types of substats)?

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m working on the item generating code today.

Anyway, I am hoping to get improvements out soon.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

What about some of those placeholder types we keep seeing in Kyoubai? The sudden appearance of a new type of equipment is going to be met with a lot of rage and complaints. Unless they work like Junk.

Cydrius

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

“A hacker can equip the special item, moar file, the books, and the glbumes. They are not left out.”

Yes, they technically “can”, but except for the special items, they wouldn’t gain much in doing so, would they? While it is true that there are items they “can” equip, that’s not the issue. The issue is, after a month or two of itembuildr, not a single hacker item has come up.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Dunatis Posted:

What about some of those placeholder types we keep seeing in Kyoubai? The sudden appearance of a new type of equipment is going to be met with a lot of rage and complaints. Unless they work like Junk.

Placeholder types? I’m sorry I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Off the top of your head, do you know if PP can spawn on any types of items other than hardware? It makes sense that it should be available in books (since there is already a book that gives PP) and maybe from glbumes (since it makes sense, and glbumes already give multiple types of substats)?

If at least one item exists with it as a stat in a category, it can be given into a new item.

I have already made a few adjustments to the item generator. It actually needed much less work than I thought. There were a few cases (for example, a Falcon Preservation Plaque with a ridiculous price) that were being mixed in with regular items to produce wonky prices.

I’m pretty sure today I’ll have the new item generating code out and will fix existing items. So going forward it should be a lot better!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Evil Trout Posted:

Placeholder types? I’m sorry I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Kyoubai offers sortation for items such as furniture, kitchen stuff and toiletries. Of course this could be a joke but usually it just lends itself to being annoying when trying to find items of a specific type since we have to sift through a whole lot of random crap which does nothing.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Dunatis Posted:

Kyoubai offers sortation for items such as furniture, kitchen stuff and toiletries. Of course this could be a joke but usually it just lends itself to being annoying when trying to find items of a specific type since we have to sift through a whole lot of random crap which does nothing.

Oh those are used for junk right now.

Noteworthy: I just deployed a few key itembuildr tweaks:

http://blog.forumwarz.com/2009/4/16/itembuildr-updates

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!