Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun If someone in your forum really did kill themself, what next?

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

I makes no difference to me what so ever! If i don’t know them,then it does not matter to me.And if i do know them and they were an bumhole,then great! But,if i did know them and they were NOT an bumhole,that is the only time it makes a difference.

CHIKN404

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hmm. Well, I’ve never caused a suicide, but I’ve been on a forum when someone did it and of course everyone talked about it. Saw the video, up until cops busted in and covered the camera. It ruined my day, and then afterward I thought it was kind of funny. So I reckon that’s about what would happen if I caused it, although I might feel bad for a bit longer.

Lord Boxtop

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for those that commit suicide. We are bombarded daily with so many options for getting help in dealing with such problems (often free), that I can’t believe anyone doesn’t know that there are people to turn to.

You do realize that these “options” don’t always work and that some of these people are in situations that make it difficult to find help, right? And all the people telling them to suck it up doesn’t help that much, either.

I, personally, debate suicide constantly, but I think of it more as a “If you gotta go, you gotta go” type of thing.

But more to the point: I would feel like crap; like I actually killed somebody…but then my ADHD would kick in and I’d probably end up forgetting about it.

EDIT: Though, like the Jagged Rock-Fondler said, if the person in question was an all around bumhole, I wouldn’t feel bad for them, partially because they’d feel the same if the roles were reversed.

Lord Boxtop edited this message on 05/31/2009 1:14AM

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I never quite understood suicides.

If you no longer fear death, you could do things that are all kinds of awesome.

Thelostcup

Level 18 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

I’d ask for pics from whomever did so as I always do.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Lord Boxtop Posted:

You do realize that these “options” don’t always work and that some of these people are in situations that make it difficult to find help, right?

Public PayPhone + 1-800-273-TALK = Help

I was referring to those that don’t bother to seek help at all, not those for whom the ‘treatments’ don’t work.

batgrenade24-

Level 64 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

____ Posted:

Because usually if you are suicidal you wouldnt have the energy or willpower to do such things.

Also why am i not surprised that something already happened, on something awful no less…

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

I’d probably laugh a little bit. That’s just me though.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I would be deeply disturbed.

if the person were an e-friend it would be worse and i’d very upset.

you guys who say you don’t care are horrible. i mean even if it’s someone you don’t like, the amount of pain and torment that person must have been feeling to want to end their life is very sad.

if someone random from here killed themself you wouldn’t even know, anyway. so i dunno.

if anyone here were to disappear i’d bumume they quit forumwarz and not that they killed themself.

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

____ Posted:

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

batgrenade2442 Posted:

Because usually if you are suicidal you wouldn’t have the energy or willpower to do such things.

Could be. I’d better start handing out drugs and coffee to emo kids so the world gets more interesting.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

you guys who say you don’t care are horrible. i mean even if it’s someone you don’t like, the amount of pain and torment that person must have been feeling to want to end their life is very sad.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Public PayPhone + 1-800-273-TALK = Help

I’ve just seen too many ‘suicidal claims’ by people that have really never been in significantly stressful situations and are simply attention whoring. So, in a way, it’s kind of the fault of the ‘fakers’, because they desensitize the rest of us to the real situations. But like I said, the real situations always have options, and if they choose to take them, then they should receive as much support as they need. For the ones that refuse to seek help, and decide that’s the path the want to follow, then that’s their choice.

If it’s someone I know, I’ll go out of my way to intervene, but some random stranger? Probably not. Not unless I’m convinced that the threat is real, and even then, I’d still probably tell them to call the hotline first. If they refuse to do so, then I’d simply bumume their attention whoring.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Pavilion Posted:

I’d be somewhat freaking out.

Imagine that the person killed himself with your message on the screen…

That would be an extra ten awesome points, twenty-five if there were pictures.

I don’t feel pity for suicides. When people are serious about suicide, they succeed at an alarming rate. The reason being that they put more effort into learning how to die, so they end up making fewer mistakes while choosing deadlier methods. My view is that they got what they wanted, so why should I be sad? The corollary being that most attempted suicides, so called because they don’t succeed, are just seeking attention, otherwise they would have put more effort and research into how to die. They use shoddy methods where they end up very sick, scarred or both. When these people succeed it’s a stroke of blind luck, and only what they deserve for using death as an attention seeking method. Mild contempt is all they rate.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I’ve just seen too many ‘suicidal claims’ by people that have really never been in significantly stressful situations and are simply attention whoring. So, in a way, it’s kind of the fault of the ‘fakers’, because they desensitize the rest of us to the real situations. But like I said, the real situations always have options, and if they choose to take them, then they should receive as much support as they need. For the ones that refuse to seek help, and decide that’s the path the want to follow, then that’s their choice.

If it’s someone I know, I’ll go out of my way to intervene, but some random stranger? Probably not. Not unless I’m convinced that the threat is real, and even then, I’d still probably tell them to call the hotline first. If they refuse to do so, then I’d simply bumume their attention whoring.

true dat. it’s easy to attention whore online and that makes the difference between real problems and attention seekers a challenge. though you’re right that the internet is not a good place to look when you need help.

i have issues with compbumion for things that i would be better off neutral over.

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Sneaky27 Posted:

That would be an extra ten awesome points, twenty-five if there were pictures.

I don’t feel pity for suicides. When people are serious about suicide, they succeed at an alarming rate. The reason being that they put more effort into learning how to die, so they end up making fewer mistakes while choosing deadlier methods. My view is that they got what they wanted, so why should I be sad? The corollary being that most attempted suicides, so called because they don’t succeed, are just seeking attention, otherwise they would have put more effort and research into how to die. They use shoddy methods where they end up very sick, scarred or both. When these people succeed it’s a stroke of blind luck, and only what they deserve for using death as an attention seeking method. Mild contempt is all they rate.

Well, the “being sad” isn’t my point here; it’s the problems that may arise from the suicide. If the police find a suicide, they may sift through their interactions with others for an explanation. It’s what happened to that one lady who trolled/bullied a teen on Myspace and persuaded her to kill herself.

It depends on what environment it is, really. Anything personal, like a Myspace or Facebook, is a serious matter. More “hardened” sites (4chan, FWZ) receive less sympathy from me, but then again it could be just some innocent guy who didn’t really know about trolling and accidentally stumbled upon the site for some reason.

Keakealani

Avatar: 183276 Sun May 31 19:53:42 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Fortunato Posted:

Killing yourself is one of two things: a desperate bid for attention or a sign that you have problems that need working through with someone else irl. The internet is just about the worst place you can come if you’re really having suicidal thoughts. Although I wouldn’t exactly be happy about it, I certainly wouldn’t be sympathetic.

This. Ideally, people ought to be more sensitive to things like not going above and beyond to cause someone to commit suicide, but it’s really ultimately the suicidal person’s responsibility (and to a lesser extent, the people around him/her) to make good judgements – and going on the internet is generally not a good judgement call. Personally, I always think suicide encouragement is over the line (at least, my personal line) as far as trolling/flaming goes, but if someone was being a total male reproductive organ I might consider it.

Which is why… I’d feel bad if someone killed themselves because someone told them to do it and it was clearly not warranted, but I’d feel significantly less bad if it was someone who was asking for it. But either way, they shouldn’t have been anywhere near an internet forum, so… meh.

Having dealt with suicidal tendencies myself, I can say with some certainty that it is possible to get out of those moments of weakness (or obviously I wouldn’t be posting this right now) but it does take some wherewithal to acknowledge the problems that cause these feelings, and to put yourself in a position where you can’t hurt yourself out of pbumion. There is no reason to actually go through with it, especially not because an internet post triggers something.

And honestly, how hurtful could it possibly be for a stranger to tell you to go die? Really.

itachi92

Level 23 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

____ Posted:

i’ve felt suicidal before, and always decided that if i WAS going to off myself, i’d do a hellova lot of stuff first. when you’re willing to die, there are so many more options.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

If you’re depressed to the point of suicide, you’re probably beyond being able to enjoy doing anything before you off yourself… if you were still functioning normally enough to enjoy doing cool stuff then you wouldn’t be suicidal in the first place.

Unless your reasons for suicide were non-emotional… maybe you’ve been dishonoured and need to commit ritual suicide to redeem yourself, but those are rarer cases.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

TBH if I had been the one to troll them that hard I would feel accomplished and ****ty at the same time. I would feel bad for the family and friends that had to deal with them dying but would feel better that I removed one more annoying person from the planet.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!