Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Unofficial IDC Rules Debate & Criticism Thread

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

The moderators are talking about it in their super secret forum, but it would be nice for us to put in our views. Sadly super means blocked off and secret means blatantly known so we will have to talk about it here.

I personally think any rules in IDC are horrible aside from the perma-ban ones. Scraipt Spamming is bad, but what makes IDC (a steaming pile of ****) so beautiful is the fact it is one of the few large chats on the internet were you can say anything anyway without fear of bans. To remove this one (the diamond peanut in the ****) leaves a boring chat, a sad joke that on a game has a chat that looks like its a parody. These rules are bad, alone there still bad but not major, but were do we stop slipping? I believe in order but we should not be afraid of what to say in the chat. Spamming ‘fine upstanding member of societys’ is annoying, but as we see spam ends just as fast as it starts, putting a ban on this will being a Streisand Effect, or more importantly all the cool posters will be banned. Look at hand of god, a poster of high quality who invented a ****ing hilarious chat script. You may think this could be abused buy anyone who is smart enough to make a script knows when to use it. These rules are going to cause badness. Thats my view.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I’d like to encourage anyone that wants to share their opinion on what they’d like to see concerning IDC to post here. We joke around a lot in there, but in all reality, we do want to have an open area that allows for a lot of creativity and expression, even if it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Personally, I’d like to see more than one room in IDC, so there’s something for everyone. A total free-form room of chaos (with nothing bannable except the insta-permaban type stuff) should be able to coexist along side a room for new players to get immediate help.

There’s a lot of things being tossed around, but your input is obviously important.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think with the addition of an “ignore user” option, there really wouldn’t be any reason to have rules beyond the permaban ones. If you can /ignore them, script spammers aren’t even a problem.

But splitting IDC in half: one section for RP (i.e. anything goes) and one section for non-RP (rules apply here) would be reasonable, and in keeping with the forums. Just make it so that people can see both sections if they like (tabbed chat?), and there’s no problem.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 03/31/2009 5:51PM

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I think with the addition of an “ignore user” option, there really wouldn’t be any reason to have rules beyond the permaban ones. If you can /ignore them, script spammers aren’t even a problem.

I agree with this, with one counterpoint; Even in IDC, moderators are supposed to be available if needed, if they’re there. We can’t really put someone on ‘ignore’ just in case they end up having an actual legitimate situation they need addressed.

I’m sure there’s a bunch of workarounds, it just boils down to wait is feasible to implement into the existing system, unless we tear it all down and start back from scratch.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

But splitting IDC in half: one section for RP (i.e. anything goes) and one section for non-RP (rules apply here) would be reasonable, and in keeping with the forums. Just make it so that people can see both sections if they like (tabbed chat?), and there’s no problem.

there is already a script to ignore people on IDC

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Aren’t there scripts that ignore users? I know it shouldn’t be up to the players to improve the game and all, but its there if you want it.

Also, it should be obvious that IDC is not a friendly place for those who are new to the game. And I don’t think it should be. Its the chat of players who play the game, and just want a place to basically do anything. If someone wants help, there are forums for that. And the very unappreciated wiki. Maybe instead of having a troll free IDC room for asking for help, there should be like a new player forum where people can specifically ask game related questions looking for help, since GD doesn’t really seem intended for that purpose.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

If we had an implemented ignore user ability for IDC in the main menu and in the forum mini-view we would have no need for these new rules. Keep down scripts to avoid the lag and stress, the rest would be fine.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!