Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I think with the addition of an “ignore user” option, there really wouldn’t be any reason to have rules beyond the permaban ones. If you can /ignore them, script spammers aren’t even a problem.

But splitting IDC in half: one section for RP (i.e. anything goes) and one section for non-RP (rules apply here) would be reasonable, and in keeping with the forums. Just make it so that people can see both sections if they like (tabbed chat?), and there’s no problem.

Aren’t there scripts that ignore users? I know it shouldn’t be up to the players to improve the game and all, but its there if you want it.

Also, it should be obvious that IDC is not a friendly place for those who are new to the game. And I don’t think it should be. Its the chat of players who play the game, and just want a place to basically do anything. If someone wants help, there are forums for that. And the very unappreciated wiki. Maybe instead of having a troll free IDC room for asking for help, there should be like a new player forum where people can specifically ask game related questions looking for help, since GD doesn’t really seem intended for that purpose.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!