Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News [CLOSED] Domination Advisory Board

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

<START TRANSMISSION>

There will be no E-Peen™ for joining this cause.

I’m starting a Domination Advisory Board the purpose of which is to help lead the Domination game design. I have started the process of designing a new engine for Domination with an aim of focusing less on ways of exploiting the system to get more scoops, and more about A) getting more noobs into the game faster/easier and B) using what scoops/cards you get more strategically. Log in to see images!

I am accepting applications via TM. I will likely share a Google Doc to capture our conclusions and arrange semi-regular IRC chats.

Applications can merely be “I’m interested”. I’m looking for people that have made suggestions in the past and who play. This is not at all like the applications needed for mod. I’m just looking for people that already know about Dom and are interested in helping shape the future of the game design.

Please contact me if you’re interested. For the sake of simplicity I’m only going to be accepting a limited number of applicants into the “board”.

Cheers,

B2015

<END TRANSMISSION>

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 03/25/2009 4:33PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Maybe there should be an e-peen for being on this board.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Fortunato Posted:

Maybe there should be an e-peen for being on this board.

As it stands there is no planned E-Peen™ for doing this. I do not want this to be another E-Peen™ grab.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

As it stands there is no planned E-Peen™ for doing this. I do not want this to be another E-Peen™ grab.

This, you want people who actually want to help dom, not just grab a peen.

I’ll think about doing this, I have great opinions, not good on original ideas sometimes though.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

I’m interested, but I probably don’t have the time. I wonder how many people will sign up for this simply in the hope that an E-Peen will come out of it, regardless of your official position.

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

TM sent!.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Definitely something I’m interested in.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

you must be stern in saying that.. otherwise people get the wrong idea that there is a chance that an epeen be implemented in the future

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I already sent you a mail about something like this when you asked two weeks ago. Did you get, and/or read that? I can re-send if you want. But let me know, and don’t leave me hanging and wondering.

As for the idea of this, can I give some advice, based on experience?

* Don’t recruit too many people for this, and be careful where the choices are coming from. If you get too many, everyone’s going to be a cacophonous (or in this case, male reproductive organ-of-bum) ****ing match that forms cliques, and it’ll just be a microcosm of the mixed messages you already get about shaping Dom. If you recruit more than, oh, 10, be aware it’ll be extremely hard unless you’re prepared to be a calm, decisive, hard-headed leader who is good about making your thoughts and goals clear at all times.

* Be careful about where people are coming from. The hardest-core Dom players often have a hard time seeing outside of their own personal goals and viewpoints. Also be careful about people who don’t give much of a damn at all, but would accept the position to get an “in” on developments for whatever klan or group they’re in. The best way to choose people for this is to figure out their personality based on the character and intelligence of their past forum posts. As it turns out, basing it on who plays the most or wins the best doesn’t at all result in good advice or ideas. Look for productive and level-headed personalities, not accomplishments or veteran statuses.

* Be aware that you’ll end up with some people who seemed like great choices, but who will turn out to be total ****.

* You’ll have some who can make good criticisms, but can’t and won’t offer alternatives or ideas. Sucks, but criticism should be welcomed.

* You’ll have others who are FULL of ideas, but it’ll be up to you to weed out which ones suck, and let me tell you, it’ll be the majority, and they’ll get ****y at those ****ty ideas being “ignored.”

* You’ll also have some who don’t do much of anything and you’ll wonder are alive or not. Confront them about this and cut them if they don’t pick it up. Don’t leave dead meat on the team.

* You’ll maybe have 1 or 2 who really wish the game were friendlier to everyone and will basically want to make everything a commie love fest where a brand new player can compete on almost every level with a person who’s hardcore and been around for years. Don’t listen to the latter aspect, but do listen to their ideas about making the game friendlier to new players.

* For every ten, you’ll get 2 or 3 who you will thank your lucky male reproductive organ extension for, and which you agree with almost always. Be aware whether you like them for their ideas, or because they’re like-minded. That’s the thing you need to temper by the couple who’ll criticize you harshly.

* Be aware that the 1-3 really productive, rational people will end up carrying most of the group on their shoulders. They’ll get bored and burn out easily. People will accuse them all of having an unfair advantage. You need to keep these people around by offering them some sort of tangible, not ****ty reward scaled arbitrarily to their contributions.

* Over the months, some of those really awesome people will prove their worth, and ET should consider hiring them in some capacity, for real money.

I wish you luck with your development team.

—Bashy

Bashy edited this message on 03/25/2009 9:27PM

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

I think a Dom advisory board is a wonderful idea. I would love to be involved and hope like hell there isn’t a peen. Giving in game reward like that would instantly devalue the integrity of the group.

I think if people know what their purpose is they will be a little more willing and able to set aside personal agendas. I know there will never be a way to make everyone happy, but it would be cool to see an environment for legit discussion without the devolving into petty “my side is right” that always seems to happen lately.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Bashy Posted:

Got the TM, a little tl;dr Log in to see images!

Thanks for the feedback and will respond and include you in discussions.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Ok I got enough applications. I will be contacting users with next steps.

I’m closing this thread. If anyone feels that they’d like to contribute and missed the train, TM me.

B2015

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!