Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature An INCIT fix.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

The two most commonly proposed reasons for INCIT being **** are dump voting and the INCIT user base. You can’t necessarily fix the user base, but you can fix the issue of dump voting.

To do this I propose INCIT be divided into two divisions. Half of the INCIT users become part of division A and the other half part of division B. INCIT is played exactly the same was as it is now with one exception: division A votes on the submissions of division B and vice versa. This way there’s no incentive to dump vote— you can’t vote yourself out of a win.

The only problem with this is that it logically it would double the minimum required submissions to play.

[ Edited because it was pointed out that there is a minimum submission requirement currently in place. ]

Fie edited this message on 07/16/2009 3:06PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Good thinking man. No helpful suggestions, but I like where you’re going. If you remove the incentive to ruin your enemies, it makes it more fair.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Fie Posted:

The two most commonly proposed reasons for INCIT being **** are dump voting and the INCIT user base. You can’t necessarily fix the user base, but you can fix the issue of dump voting.

To do this I propose INCIT be divided into two divisions. Half of the INCIT users become part of division A and the other half part of division B. INCIT is played exactly the same was as it is now with one exception: division A votes on the submissions of division B and vice versa. This way there’s no incentive to dump vote— you can’t vote yourself out of a win.

However, this system isn’t without its problems as doing this would effectively cut the number of submissions in half providing the possibility of a scenario where there is only one option to vote for, and, less obviously, making INCIT even easier to abuse when there is a small number of legitimate players. The only fix I can think of for this would be to require a minimum number of users to play INCIT, but that too is a little troublesome: not all users currently online in INCIT are playing it. A minimum number of submissions required would potentially result in a lot of wasted creative energy.

So, input?

Sounds good to me. There’s already a minimum number of submissions required for voting (5).

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

zagerblag Posted:

Sounds good to me. There’s already a minimum number of submissions required for voting (5).

That I didn’t know. Then this would be a nearly perfect fix.

Fie edited this message on 03/23/2009 12:14AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

yeah, good idea imo. When I saw the topic i was expecting to rolleyes but now I’m nodding

upvoted

Inertia edited this message on 03/23/2009 12:14AM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Not that I really care too much about inchit, but this sounds like a good idea. I might even play sometimes.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I would probably check INCIT every now and then if this suggestion was made into a reality.

thisnamehasa-
lreadybeenta-
ken

Avatar: 186403 Wed Jul 01 20:19:39 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

If you reduced the number of submissions needed for either side, to maybe 3, this would be feasible with a minimal increase to required minimum submissions.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

thisnamehasalreadybeentaken Posted:

If you reduced the number of submissions needed for either side, to maybe 3, this would be feasible with a minimal increase to required minimum submissions.

Reducing it to 3 though would lead to a whole lot more wins and scoops being won in off hours when fewer people are playing. It might bring more people into the game and balance itself out.

It is a good idea though Fie, especially since if you see a new image for the other team you can be hit with the submissions a little more freshly which may lead to more honest reactions.

thisnamehasa-
lreadybeenta-
ken

Avatar: 186403 Wed Jul 01 20:19:39 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Dunatis Posted:

Reducing it to 3 though would lead to a whole lot more wins and scoops being won in off hours when fewer people are playing. It might bring more people into the game and balance itself out.

Even with 3 people on each side, that method still requires six people total to play, and the current method requires 5.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

suggesting people take a look at the way Words That Follow is run. (that is, of course, if it’s still online.)

it’s the same game as INCIT only it’s been around much longer. It’s also dead 99% of the time. However, it might have slightly different voting mechanics that INCIT could learn from.

it also has kickbum music that INCIT needs to implement.

might be beneficial to incit suggestions to look at it because it was always fun to play. granted, the userbase was always the people in wahtever forum had linked to it that week.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Just give folks some incentive to vote for a good submission, instead of a random ****ty one. Like, say, if you vote for the submission that wins, you get a chocolate scoop or something.

Ricket edited this message on 07/16/2009 3:48PM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Ricket Posted:

Just give folks some incentive to vote for a good submission, instead of a random ****ty one. Like, say, if you vote for the submission that wins, you get a chocolate scoop or something.

Which would actually encourage abuse, an easy to notice abuse, but do we want to have to keep people watching over every INCIT game and judging if the submission legitimately won all the votes or if it was a trick to get a bunch of buddies some Chocolate?

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Dunatis Posted:

Which would actually encourage abuse, an easy to notice abuse, but do we want to have to keep people watching over every INCIT game and judging if the submission legitimately won all the votes or if it was a trick to get a bunch of buddies some Chocolate?

1 vote => 1 scoop is probably too much. How about giving 1 scoop to 1 randomly selected person who voted for the winning submission? It’s about as open to abuse as the current system is.

I would’ve suggested flezz originally, but I know nobody cares about that.

Ricket edited this message on 07/16/2009 4:21PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Ricket Posted:

1 vote => 1 scoop is probably too much. How about giving 1 scoop to 1 randomly selected person who voted for the winning submission?

I like that. Encourage players to not vote **** submissions, though only guys active in dominaton would care.

NeoVid

Avatar: 174653 Fri May 22 01:54:45 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Dunatis Posted:

Reducing it to 3 though would lead to a whole lot more wins and scoops being won in off hours when fewer people are playing.

Hey, don’t wreck my method of getting wins.

Anyway, it’s a pretty good idea. So is one random scoop to one winning voter. I actually don’t like having to think, “Well, which one of these will no one vote for, so I can win?”

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

you could try making it a trivial amount of flezz for a reward. say, 5001,000

and i also like ricket’s idea.

the reason i say trivial amount of flezz is because it might be enough of an incentive not to be an idiot, but not enough to excite people into cheating.

Words that Follow has rooms that have rounds within them. Rooms might be cool but we’d need incit police to make sure morons stay in the INCIT equivalent of RP forums.

the rounds thing is something to bring up though: make incit run rounds. 5 or 10 or 15 pictures per round, maybe when it gets quiet it drops to 5 rounds automatically i dunno.

anyway you win a scoop or two for every ROUND you win. no reward for individual posters, only full game victories. Or maybe if you sweep a round you get a bonus. Cheating is a concern but i dont know about the mechanics or mentality of those people.

add a new leaderboard maybe for rounds won, too.

dunno if that’d make it better or worse on the whole but it was a good mechanic with Words that Follow.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

or consider removing all forms of reward for INCIT because losers will always game the system to try and ensure their victory.

its about being funny right? voting for garbage isn’t the way to go imo.

NeoVid

Avatar: 174653 Fri May 22 01:54:45 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

That wouldn’t work, since people would still want their own entries to win, and try to vote for something that has no chance to avoid wrecking themselves. Even I do it if I have a caption I really like.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I don’t like this at all. INCIT is a game like any other.

You can either play it as a sport(to win), or for fun. Leave it the way it is. Hardly anyone cares anyway.

The chocs for wins is the only reason half of you guys pretend to care.

In my opinion, the chocolates should be removed to sort of purge the sport for those who truly enjoy playing it for the sake of it.

Ardent edited this message on 07/18/2009 3:59AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!