Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Steak Suggestion

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

I know that there are many threads here regarding the way streaks should be handled, I’ve read virtually all of them. Some people with for a check box next to a site you’ve already pwnd and other methods have been mentioned.

And granted ET has done is best to help us out by creating a current streak tab and whatnot. This is nothing personal and I don’t think the current system sucks. But I think it is still tricky. Referencing two tabs to see if you’re going to break your streak becomes a bit messy and confusing.

If you don’t like prologues start reading here.

Given the current setup of the game, and the libraries it uses it would be in theory to implement a “collapse pwnd” forum feature. Much like you see when extracting your moar files.

Basically rather than a user seeing Denture Chat in their list of forums they’d see an auto collapsed dimmed grey message stating “You’ve already pwnd this forum, click here to pwn again.”

I’ve screwed up my streaks on quite a few occasions on all of my characters, I just think a fairly easy to implement visual warning such as this takes out a lot of the guess work and makes the whole process more idiot friendly and reduces the amount of questions people have to as why their streak was broke.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

agreed.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

haha i thought this was gonna be a food thread in ayn rands

ET says incorporating systems like that into the forums list would be taxing on the server but hell if I know the specifics of computing

pieyum

Avatar: 104284 Thu Jan 22 21:59:47 -0500 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I’m pretty sure evil trout already said something about this. Also you spelt the title wrong

BOOMER-CODE

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Just had to scroll down a little to find the most recent dupe.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/25142

See my comment in that thread for the real reason we’re never going to get streak info within the forums list… i.e. why it’s never gonna be “that easy”!

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Bigandtasty Posted:

haha i thought this was gonna be a food thread in ayn rands

ET says incorporating systems like that into the forums list would be taxing on the server but hell if I know the specifics of computing

Well if it’s taxing on the servers then I could understand why he would wish to shy away from it. But there has got to be a better visual cue available that doesn’t create an excess of wasted bandwidth.

Sorry for spelling Streak wrong…Superbowl Sunday and such. Non-alcoholic beverages.

pieyum Posted:

I’m pretty sure evil trout already said something about this. Also you spelt the title wrong

Didn’t know that and once again carbonated beverages may have been a reason why I misspelled.

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

I love this idea but I have a question: could this be done through greasemonkey?

Wrong

Avatar: 111306 Fri Feb 13 16:39:34 -0500 2009

Level 21 Hacker

I do all the cool coding ET's too much of a ****ing elitist to do.

nevkick Posted:

I love this idea but I have a question: could this be done through greasemonkey?

I’ve created a GreaseMonkey script to handle this streak issue within the Job Board (i know that you guys are looking for the forum list, but that’s already a first step…Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!