Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Make Kyoubai more Japanese

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Change the error “You don’t have enough Flezz to place that bid.” to “To low of purchasing with you flezz” or some similarly nongrammatical phrase.

Stoned_elf

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

That would make it more Japanese?... Are you saying Japanese people are dumb and stupid?

Stoned_elf edited this message on 01/16/2009 2:47PM

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Ummm… no… I’m saying they don’t speak English well.

Stoned_elf

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Who many Japanese’s do you know?

I know quite a bunch and they do speak English with accent but none is grammatically incorrect!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Stoned_elf Posted:

Who many Japanese’s do you know?

I know quite a bunch and they do speak English with accent but none is grammatically incorrect!

He must know chinese farmers, these are the ones who don’t speak english very well.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Kyoubai ALREADY says that Japanese people don’t speak english well…

ni hao dai kyoudai!

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Big Brother Posted:

Ummm… no… I’m saying they don’t speak English well.

In general, they SPEAK just fine. The All Your Base-eqsue comedy comes from people not being able to do effective written translations, which is a completely different issue.

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I like the game communicating with me in proper English when trading. I think a lot of misspellings are great for establishing character and whatnot, but especially for those of us who are not native speakers, broken English is hard to read.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Bling Fling Posted:

I like the game communicating with me in proper English when trading. I think a lot of misspellings are great for establishing character and whatnot, but especially for those of us who are not native speakers, broken English is hard to read.

This is intentional. I don’t want people not understanding how to actually use the tool, even if it breaks the consistency.

Besides, you could say it’s just BidSquid who has broken English. The site was properly translated.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Bling Fling Posted:

QFT, especially since ET already said he plans to keep the site English-only while still pursuing non-English advertising partners.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Or you can run a few sentences through altavista’s babelfish. English-> Japanese and back again. If it’s still a little jumbled replace a few choice words to make a little more understandable.

The phrase would be something like: “It does not have sufficient flezz which puts in place the bid”.

Balloon edited this message on 01/16/2009 3:11PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!