Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music Local bands

NxOhMissFrie-
dxD

[LemonParty]

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

im a HUGE supporter of local music!

list your FAV local bands!!! *ill post more later*

Last Day Alive

Broken Self

Hydrosonic

Modern Day Escape

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

NxOhMissFriedxD Posted:

im a HUGE supporter of local music!

list your FAV local bands!!! *ill post more later*

Last Day Alive

Broken Self

Hydrosonic

Modern Day Escape

Local music is awesome. Where is “local” for you?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Check out “Icon for Hire.” They’re pretty big around central illinois.

My band Invicta is working on our EP record, but we don’t have music online; don’t want people playing it without permission.

Shii edited this message on 01/14/2009 2:41AM

NxOhMissFrie-
dxD

[LemonParty]

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Local music is awesome. Where is “local” for you?

tampa, fl

and you dont have music online so people arent playing it? how does that make sense? play music for the LOVE of it

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=39376525

Awesome Local Band from around Bowling Green, Kentucky. (It’s where I went to college)

shifty_pecker

Avatar: 82151 Mon Dec 01 12:35:51 -0500 2008

Level 52 Troll

“eBaum”

Last year I did a few gigs in S I D C A, which we really ought to record properly next time. I’ve also been involved in about a third of the stuff here The Inverted Skullz rule!.

Also…BUCKIE!!!

shifty_pecker edited this message on 01/15/2009 10:22AM

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

NxOhMissFriedxD Posted:

tampa, fl

and you dont have music online so people arent playing it? how does that make sense? play music for the LOVE of it

what’s the point of playing music anyway if you don’t share it, too?

and while we’re on that point, here’s a link to my sound-related project Roman Vices. Sure, it might be ****ty laptop electronica bordering on non-music, or it could be a fine example of DIY outsider sound art, but I’ll let you be the judge of that.

EDIT: as for local bands, I have a few artists from Vancouver, Canada (where I live, sort of – I live in a suburb of it, but it’s less than an hour on the Skytrain from my house to Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver, so I might as well be living there) linked to as Myspace friends on my profile, among others. Feel free to browse through them!

Especially good is GR8-2000, who’s a one-man outfit with lo-fi electro leanings. Went to high school with the guy, so I might be biased. But then again, if you’ve seen his live act, you might just be blown away. That’s the best I can come up to describe it – words cannot describe the energy and joy GR8-2000’s live act exudes. He’s also in what seems to be a bajillion other bands, and he has kindly provided links to them on his Myspace profile. So, if you’re up in Vancouver sometime, check him out. I swear the guy’ll become a fixture in the scene sooner or later, if he hasn’t already.

Alright, enough drooling. Log in to see images! xXxJUNEGUY1xXx edited this message on 01/18/2009 1:45AM

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

xXxJUNEGUY1xXx Posted:

what’s the point of playing music anyway if you don’t share it, too?

Music CAN be a purely introspective thing, and that’s perfectly fine, but if you’re already planning to make CDs, etc, let everyone hear what you’ve got!

FYI, Oklahoma is local for me, and I’ll put up some links when I decide who I feel like bragging on.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!