Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Russian Analyist Predicts the Downfall and Breakup of U.S.

Zagreus

Avatar: 113654 2010-01-13 11:46:06 -0500

[BBQF0 Judgement an-
d Rules Committee
]

Level 29 Hacker

Government stooge

“Via The Drudge Report:

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: “The dollar is not secured by anything. The country’s foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse.”

As for the apparently imminent breakup:

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts – the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

Does he mean like the Russian-dominated Soviet Union from about 1986-1991? His argument seems to bumume the financial turmoil will cause mbumive revolt.

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: “A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles.”

He also cited the “vulnerable political setup”, “lack of unified national laws”, and “divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions.”

The first has happened before: The Great Depression and, to a lesser extent, in other recessions. No revolts there! The second paragraph is a rather weak argument to me. The political setup of the U.S. has gone on for more than 200 years, and it has some issues, but nothing that’ll cause lots of strife. As for lack of unified laws, well, Americans tend to like state-based legislation. And divisions between the mid and upper clbumes is nothing new, even in Russia.

It seems to me that Panarin doesn’t have any idea what he’s talking about, much less a good grasp on the early history of the U.S. I know there are seccessionist movements out there. There are ones in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Alaska. There are also regional ones (a western state bumociation with British Columbia for instance). But such movements hold little or no sway, and I see no reason to think this fiscal crisis will strengthen them further.

Nice try Mr. Panarin. But it’s not happening.”

But what if it was?

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Zagreus Posted:

In Soviet Russia, economy collapses YOU.

Zagreus Posted:

”Via The Drudge Report:

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

11 trillion?

oh wow

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Zagreus Posted:

”He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts – the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.”

I didn’t have to continue reading after that part.

What large Native American populations in the central states??

But what really made me LOL is the notion that Canada exerts any kind of influence on Northern states. Has this so called professor done any research at all or read any references that did not date back to the Soviet era??

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Goatse II Posted:

What large Native American populations in the central states??

I’m guessing he means Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska(less there)/both Dakotas/Montana.

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

OrsonScottCard Posted:

I’m guessing he means Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska(less there)/both Dakotas/Montana.

In Oklahoma about 8% of the pop are Native American. I don’t know if that enough to organize a separatist movement while the other 92% idly watch.

Meh

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Goatse II Posted:

In Oklahoma about 8% of the pop are Native American. I don’t know if that enough to organize a separatist movement while the other 92% idly watch.

Meh

Actually, 11.5% define themselves as Native American, and a lot more than that claim at least partial NA blood.

Your point still stands, though.

4kumu

Level 12 Hacker

“Ohacku”

While I don’t believe the United States will break up into separate parts, I am curious to see how things play out. In the 1930’s and 1970’s we actually were very close to a nonviolent type of revolt where taxpayers refused to pay. With the value of the dollar unstable, but cost of government high the similar cirgreat timesstances are there to form an uprising. Improvements in economic conditions, further government aid, and threats eventually prevented a severe uprising. The single greatest point I could find was in Prof. Panarin’s claim in the American public’s hope placed in Obama. Millions of Americans currently grasp at the hope that he can make everything better when in reality he is only a man who executes the power of the government as delegated by congress. However even with that in mind, at worst I can only figure general dissatisfaction would continue should he fail until the next election.

However what really happens to the United States, whether its citizens like it or not, is something I look forward to discovering as whatever it is occurs. Prof Panarin’s bumumption that the downfall of the Soviet Union is a trend that the United States is vulnerable to, is quite a stretch. After all, the Soviet Union and the United States were too completely different economies and government types and really cant be properly compared on those two levels. While I cant fully subscribe to a similar collapse, I cant rule out that it wont happen as it isn’t looking like the rest of the major world powers are hurting tremendously from our economic instability. Its not like the Great Depression where we dragged the rest of the world into a depression as most of the major world powers now are quite self sufficient without our money. All I know for sure is that some of the world still relies on our consumption of their products, and if we go down we will be taking a few countries with us a few pegs at the very least.

ezek

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

the amero will save you

ezek edited this message on 01/12/2009 6:00AM

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

4kumu Posted:

While I don’t believe the United States will break up into separate parts, I am curious to see how things play out. In the 1930’s and 1970’s we actually were very close to a nonviolent type of revolt where taxpayers refused to pay. With the value of the dollar unstable, but cost of government high the similar cirgreat timesstances are there to form an uprising. Improvements in economic conditions, further government aid, and threats eventually prevented a severe uprising. The single greatest point I could find was in Prof. Panarin’s claim in the American public’s hope placed in Obama. Millions of Americans currently grasp at the hope that he can make everything better when in reality he is only a man who executes the power of the government as delegated by congress. However even with that in mind, at worst I can only figure general dissatisfaction would continue should he fail until the next election.

However what really happens to the United States, whether its citizens like it or not, is something I look forward to discovering as whatever it is occurs. Prof Panarin’s bumumption that the downfall of the Soviet Union is a trend that the United States is vulnerable to, is quite a stretch. After all, the Soviet Union and the United States were too completely different economies and government types and really cant be properly compared on those two levels. While I cant fully subscribe to a similar collapse, I cant rule out that it wont happen as it isn’t looking like the rest of the major world powers are hurting tremendously from our economic instability. Its not like the Great Depression where we dragged the rest of the world into a depression as most of the major world powers now are quite self sufficient without our money. All I know for sure is that some of the world still relies on our consumption of their products, and if we go down we will be taking a few countries with us a few pegs at the very least.

I think we will be taking more than a few countries down with us.

Israel of course goes without saying. If anything happens to the U.S., they are screwed economically and politically.

Also many European economies invested heavily in the U.S. and were invested into heavily by U.S. capital. They should be affected. They wont collapse completely but they will feel the pain.

Also, Middle Easter oil exporters, especially the ones that pegged their own currencies to the U.S. dollar, will fall like flies.

But that is IF the U.S. suffers something akin to the Great Depression. I am not ruling that out, but it is quite unlikely.

-Durandal

Avatar: 82515 Thu Nov 20 16:25:59 -0500 2008

[Citadel]

Level 34 Hacker

T-Minus 15.193792102158E9 years until the universe closes!

I personally think that there is a very good possibility of a serious depression, and not just kinda sorta “Oh, yeah, it’s kinda a depression”, more like mind-numbing powerful depression.

The US has turned Emo, and it might just commit suicide. Or, at the least, injure itself or get beaten up for being freakish despite the fact it’s the rich kid on the block.

abitdark

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

-Durandal Posted:

I personally think that there is a very good possibility of a serious depression, and not just kinda sorta “Oh, yeah, it’s kinda a depression”, more like mind-numbing powerful depression.

The US has turned Emo, and it might just commit suicide. Or, at the least, injure itself or get beaten up for being freakish despite the fact it’s the rich kid on the block.

Ehhh… we already were emo. But the article goes to show that the man who wrote it doesn’t really have any idea of how Americans are. he seems to think that all we can do is loose money and then revolt against our selves. but not all Americans will just sit back and let things go to waste. sure we may end up in another depression but I doubt its going to cause people to start revolting and killing in mbum amounts and splitting up. most the time when there is a crisis we are pretty unified.

abitdark edited this message on 01/14/2009 2:52PM

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Zagreus Posted:

and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

There is almost no influence from Canada, other than the presence of Canadians when they cros the border to buy **** when the Canadian dollar gets high (I am Canadian, and I have done this multiple times XD).

If anything, Canada has taken major influence from the northern states of the US.

What exactly are the “Northern” states in his opinion?

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Personally I am in favor of an American Civil War. Perhaps we would get lucky and Canada would annex the north.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Xylon Posted:

Perhaps we would get lucky and Canada would annex the entire goddamn country, but re-import them all as slaves.

Fixed.

ezek

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

ezek Posted:

the amero will save you

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!