Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

4kumu

Level 12 Hacker

“Ohacku”

While I don’t believe the United States will break up into separate parts, I am curious to see how things play out. In the 1930’s and 1970’s we actually were very close to a nonviolent type of revolt where taxpayers refused to pay. With the value of the dollar unstable, but cost of government high the similar cirgreat timesstances are there to form an uprising. Improvements in economic conditions, further government aid, and threats eventually prevented a severe uprising. The single greatest point I could find was in Prof. Panarin’s claim in the American public’s hope placed in Obama. Millions of Americans currently grasp at the hope that he can make everything better when in reality he is only a man who executes the power of the government as delegated by congress. However even with that in mind, at worst I can only figure general dissatisfaction would continue should he fail until the next election.

However what really happens to the United States, whether its citizens like it or not, is something I look forward to discovering as whatever it is occurs. Prof Panarin’s bumumption that the downfall of the Soviet Union is a trend that the United States is vulnerable to, is quite a stretch. After all, the Soviet Union and the United States were too completely different economies and government types and really cant be properly compared on those two levels. While I cant fully subscribe to a similar collapse, I cant rule out that it wont happen as it isn’t looking like the rest of the major world powers are hurting tremendously from our economic instability. Its not like the Great Depression where we dragged the rest of the world into a depression as most of the major world powers now are quite self sufficient without our money. All I know for sure is that some of the world still relies on our consumption of their products, and if we go down we will be taking a few countries with us a few pegs at the very least.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!