Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Drop % Program

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Alright, I’ve been collecting drop data and adding it up then getting percentages and analyzing it for the wiki and just realized today as I was adding and dividing… Why the everloving hell am I doing all this busy work? Excel is a beautiful program for this purpose and I’m not posting my run data in forums so why make it easier to do it that way?

After about an hours work I put all of my old data into a nicely programmed little spreadsheet and now all I have to do is plug in run data and get percentages for everything including divided up among Low, Medium and High Luck ranges as per my little designation you can find in the wiki.

So, if anyone wants the data I have right now, to take a look at the spreadsheet or to simply send me wads of Run data in bulk (1 run is pretty useless, but 12 is good stuff) that would make getting all this info posted a whole lot faster and easier.

The pieces don’t matter, just the file so please don’t divide up the files, also the current run data page is to schizo for me to want to compile and most of the data was removed so it’s only a few runs here and there.

If anyone knows of a good place to host the file that would make info sharing far easier and please post a decent amount of drop data as well as your Luck. Just a few runs doesn’t help since it would take too much time for me to compile if I get a lot given having my own life and compiling my own data from 6 characters nearly every day.

Once I get enough info for each Luck range (about 500 drops per if I’m taking a wide range from all over) I’ll post it to the wiki along with my amateur analysis as I have done for the first 3 forums already. With enough help, I may be able to even catch up and compile everything and the more info thrown into the program, the more accurate the final numbers.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Use Google docs. It’s quite good for this ****.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Pink Floyd drop rate in HOFF at 1 luck:

11 threads: 6

11 threads: 7

11 threads: 3

11 threads: 3

11 threads: 4

11 threads: 2

10 threads: 6

Also, you realize that the drop rates for files varies by both forum AND luck, right?

I’m seconding Google Docs. Just make it public and we can put in the data for you as we get it.

Edit: Actually, you could write a greasemonkey script to speed things up. It just needs to record the run data and put it in a format that can be easily added to the table, and if you want to get advanced you might be able to have it actually put the data into the table directly.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 01/04/2009 10:35AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I know it varies with Luck and forum yes, I have a separate table for each forum as I add them, and I can’t use that data since it doesn’t tell me all of the drops, only one of them so when I put it into the table it will say that HOFF drops 100% Pink Floyd which is obviously wrong.

It has to be all or nothing otherwise the results become completely skewed unless of course I am doing it for individual files, however I am doing it for the entire forum and to do it for individual files would take up to 30x the amount of runs. The effort is always appreciated however.

I’m also not very capable at script writing otherwise I might have already written such a script, so far I might be able to read the script and that’s about it. In the end I’ve gotten to be fast enough that I’m getting Lemon scoops while putting stuff into the database as it is, combined with my liking the hands on approach when it comes to number collection I wouldn’t want to trust a script I couldn’t edit if I found a problem, not that I’ve collected all data perfectly myself, but human error creates a lot more problems in a repeated script.

I’m actually a little surprised at the wiki for forums since they are so lacking for many forums. Fitness fabulous personry has 33 different files in it that I’ve found, yet only 6 are listed in the wiki for now. Given the amount of places I’ve seen run data being collected, I’m wondering where it’s all going and why nobody has a script available.

And finally, I’m a bit of a crazy paranoid bastard as far as my work is concerned. While I have no problem taking info from others and using it or posting all of the info I have been using, I don’t trust others with the opportunity to edit my numbers directly.

As an example, if you were to have added in your drop info, you may have added 11 to the drop total column thus replacing the equation to add all of the values below it while only adding 7 to Pink Floyds and nothing elsewhere which would greatly affect the numbers. I don’t trust people not to accidentally make those kinds of mistakes nor to not sabotage it because they think I am being too much of a nerd or whatever BS logic griefers use.

I’d prefer all of the numbers to go through me just to standardize and ease my paranoia if nothing else, even if it does mean more work for me. It’s the kind of obsessive number crunching I like anyways.

Dunatis edited this message on 01/04/2009 5:16PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!