Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Character idea: The Artist

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Largehardoncollider Posted:

We have 4 clbumes currently.

5. I think. It’s late, I forget how numbers work, but I think it’s five.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Thiefree Posted:

5. I think. It’s late, I forget how numbers work, but I think it’s five.

Troll: thats 1

Camwhore: Now that makes 2

Emo: 3 now

Hacker: OH MY 4

Edit: PERMANOOB NOW? Whoa Far out!

Colonel Bear edited this message on 12/13/2008 12:30AM

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Largehardoncollider Posted:

Troll: thats 1

Camwhore: Now that makes 2

Emo: 3 now

Hacker: OH MY 4

Re-re: 5

Permanoob: 6

Anyway, a new clbum suggestion that doesn’t suck? Holy ****, I guess there’s a first time for everything. Yeah, this is pretty good.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

oh right theres the hacker

permanoob and re-re don’t count because they’re challenge clbumes ergo **** balance

but my point still stands: all the clbumes play the same and if et’s going to diversify them he’s going to have a hell of a time right now, and there’s only 4(.5 i guess)

in order to deliver on making episode 3 suck less he’ll have to work on refining parts of the game instead of adding new ones

adding in a new clbum is a waste of time, plus i can speak for most everyone when i say having 5 alts for each clbum is ****ing enough

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

You’re mean. Almost A big fat meanie head face pants.

Thus, your points are invalid. Die. Painfully. By mbumive trauma applied to the head.

(User banned for trolling)

Big Brother was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Big Brother edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

Maybe he should be able to download more useful .moar picture files with the spider.

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

Traced art should be an attack.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

A thought out thing. Maybe CZ will save this, and when they finish with upgradeing/balanceing, they will dish out a new clbum.

Cannabis_clo-
ck

[The rage against C-
annabis-Clock
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

hell yes

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I dunno. Just doesn’t seem funny enough.

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Orb Posted:

I dunno. Just doesn’t seem funny enough.

I don’t see why you should object, for you yourself are an artist. If you are the Orb who was once named TwinsenDude and made the 5 shades of purple collab which I had submitted a half bumed work to, if you are guess what my old NG name was.

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Big Brother Posted:

(User banned for trolling)

Hahahaha, that joke never gets old. DSFARGEG

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Bump for moar inputLog in to see images!

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

needs to swerve away from emo more. like, ummmm… i dunno, needs more fanfiction/fanbo-

THATS IT

fanboy! it should be fanboy! (/fangirl/something similar)

could have fanfiction/art-related attacks, “favorite x”, etc, etc

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Clbumes are EASY to think up, so I hope you don’t think you deserve anything for it.

Now, what’s HARD to do is find a niche that isn’t filled in terms of game mechanics:

Trolls are high-defense/low-damage short-cycle. They don’t do much damage, but they don’t take a lot of it either. They destroy threads through attrition. Their attacks are reasonably cheap, so they don’t need to take many breaks from attacking to use restorative items.

Camwhores are low-defense/moderate-damage acyclic. They do decent damage, but they take a LOT of damage. Although they can manage a high damage output, they can’t sustain it as they need random and frequent interruptions to restore health. The need to frequently shift from attacking to healing at random prevents the establishment of an actual attack cycle.

Emokids are mid-defense/high-damage short-cycle with berserk. They do their best when at low percentage of their max ego, and can maintain a short attack cycle for awhile.

Hackers are high-damage/average-defense long-cycle. They do the quite a bit of damage per hit, but their strong attacks have long cooldowns. As a result they are at their best when they are using a long cycle based around strong attacks, and using the downtime between hits to use restoratives or burn extra secondary on less effective attacks.

So far, both the “Fanboy” and “Furry” suggestions are quite popular, but nobody has actually suggested a unique playstyle or mechanic for either one. Sure, having more clbumes is fun and all that, but only if they are UNIQUE.

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

how about have their secondary stat be “obesession.”

Make it so the higher it is (%?), the more damage their attacks do, but its max is very low and difficult to increase (maybe opp of proc. power – upgrade only), but some of thier attacks (weaker or no-damage ones) recover it. Their most powerful attacks take a large portion of it, and thus must be used strategically. That could be interesting.

The Suspender

Avatar: 70366 Mon Dec 29 00:40:55 -0500 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

I say that we make the Fanboy clbum be the stunner role. They do low damage, but their attacks stun the forum and stop it from moving. They don’t need a secondary stat, but their attacks are so embarrbuming that they do minor damage to themselves.

And the artist would have a combination of mostly DoT attacks, and through their clbum equipment and free packs would have a high max ego. Also they would be the only clbum that has increasing upgrade packs-Their first pack only adds around +20 ego, but the second adds+100, the third +around 250, and so on,.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

besides fanboy my fave for a new clbum. could be fun, especially the drugs and inspiration thing. Reminded me of that guy from heroes

The Suspender

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Also, furry:

Furry would’nt work as I can think of maybe three furry attacks. Thus I suggest that furriness be only one attack branch of the Pervert. The Pervert has one secondary stat, Perversion. His attacks are all very strong, but there are no consumables for restoring perversion. Perverts lack a specific clbum item category but can wield all Camwhore equipment and Fetishes.

And my own personal suggestion, the Innocent. The Innocent takes offense at EVERYTHING. Fortunately for them, they are oblivious to most things and thus have a high defense, even higher than trolls. Their second attribute, innocence, is essential as hitting 0 with it kills them and generally not only do their attacks lose innocence, but being hit in battle also loses innocence.

The Suspender

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Yet another idea, the Activist.

The activist has a few normal avilities but they are very weak. The rest of the activists’ abilities set in place a trap. Traps can be activated by a number of things- one may be an anti-curse word trap, one may activate after the forum has damaged the character for a certain ammount. Maybe a trap could activate based on political buzzwords. As soon as that berserk bumon is pushed, a post is made- a multiparted post if multiple traps were set off- that causes a very high damage.

Would work better if an element system were introduced.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!