Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion God doesn't exist you fools.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Tell me how it is.

Oh, and I know that there are no square circles. Does that mean I claim to know everything?

You’re comparing knowing there aren’t square circles (both concepts we know and can see) to knowing or not if there is a god… rofl

end yourself, NOW, your stupidity is hurting the world

also yes saying there is NO GOD is the same as saying there IS one aka you lose

elenaratelimit edited this message on 12/07/2008 5:53PM

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

If we do not know how the universe was formed, how can we explicitly deny the existence of an entity that could form it?

Ontology. That is: the nature of being. Being only makes sense within the universe. The universe is the framework for existence itself, so it can’t not exist. It is the ontological ground. To say that the universe was created is to beg the question of existence apart from the universe. Fallacies kill arguments.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

lol@someone using dumbbum analogies about square circles and god talking about fallacies

there are many types of fallacies, you’ve already fallen into quite a few of them

god atheists are dumb

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

You’re comparing not knowing there are square circles (both concepts we know and can see) to knowing or not if there is a god…

Of course. Only someone unfamiliar with theological noncognitivism would have a problem with that. And I presume you’ve never heard of it. Such is your problem, not mine. Don’t bash me because of your ignorance. That you are uneducated in this topic has nothing to do with me. Please deal with your problem in an appropriate manner, i.e. by educating yourself.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

lol@someone using dumbbum analogies about square circles and god talking about fallacies

there are many types of fallacies, you’ve already fallen into quite a few of them

O RLY?

Then name them, please. Otherwise, I’ll just bumume you’re terrified of my intellect, and I will laugh at you.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

O RLY?

Then name them, please. Otherwise, I’ll just bumume you’re terrified of my intellect, and I will laugh at you.

Description of Begging the Question

Begging the Question is a fallacy in which the premises include the claim that the conclusion is true or (directly or indirectly) bumume that the conclusion is true. This sort of “reasoning” typically has the following form.

1. Premises in which the truth of the conclusion is claimed or the truth of the conclusion is bumumed (either directly or indirectly).

2. Claim C (the conclusion) is true.

This sort of “reasoning” is fallacious because simply bumuming that the conclusion is true (directly or indirectly) in the premises does not constitute evidence for that conclusion. Obviously, simply bumuming a claim is true does not serve as evidence for that claim. This is especially clear in particularly blatant cases: “X is true. The evidence for this claim is that X is true.”

Some cases of question begging are fairly blatant, while others can be extremely subtle.

escription of Burden of Proof

Burden of Proof is a fallacy in which the burden of proof is placed on the wrong side. Another version occurs when a lack of evidence for side A is taken to be evidence for side B in cases in which the burden of proof actually rests on side B. A common name for this is an Appeal to Ignorance. This sort of reasoning typically has the following form:

1. Claim X is presented by side A and the burden of proof actually rests on side B.

2. Side B claims that X is false because there is no proof for X.

In many situations, one side has the burden of proof resting on it. This side is obligated to provide evidence for its position. The claim of the other side, the one that does not bear the burden of proof, is bumumed to be true unless proven otherwise. The difficulty in such cases is determining which side, if any, the burden of proof rests on. In many cases, settling this issue can be a matter of significant debate. In some cases the burden of proof is set by the situation. For example, in American law a person is bumumed to be innocent until proven guilty (hence the burden of proof is on the prosecution). As another example, in debate the burden of proof is placed on the affirmative team. As a final example, in most cases the burden of proof rests on those who claim something exists (such as Bigfoot, psychic powers, universals, and sense data)

Description of Hasty Generalization

This fallacy is committed when a person draws a conclusion about a population based on a sample that is not large enough. It has the following form:

1. Sample S, which is too small, is taken from population P.

2. Conclusion C is drawn about Population P based on S.

The person committing the fallacy is misusing the following type of reasoning, which is known variously as Inductive Generalization, Generalization, and Statistical Generalization:

1. X% of all observed A’s are B’’s.

2. Therefore X% of all A’s are Bs.

The fallacy is committed when not enough A’s are observed to warrant the conclusion. If enough A’s are observed then the reasoning is not fallacious.

Small samples will tend to be unrepresentative. As a blatant case, asking one person what she thinks about gun control would clearly not provide an adequate sized sample for determing what Canadians in general think about the issue. The general idea is that small samples are less likely to contain numbers proportional to the whole population. For example, if a bucket contains blue, red, green and orange marbles, then a sample of three marbles cannot possible be representative of the whole population of marbles. As the sample size of marbles increases the more likely it becomes that marbles of each color will be selected in proprtion to their numbers in the whole population. The same holds true for things others than marbles, such as people and their political views.

Since Hasty Generalization is committed when the sample (the observed instances) is too small, it is important to have samples that are large enough when making a generalization. The most reliable way to do this is to take as large a sample as is practical. There are no fixed numbers as to what counts as being large enough. If the population in question is not very diverse (a population of cloned mice, for example) then a very small sample would suffice. If the population is very diverse (people, for example) then a fairly large sample would be needed. The size of the sample also depends on the size of the population. Obviously, a very small population will not support a huge sample. Finally, the required size will depend on the purpose of the sample. If Bill wants to know what Joe and Jane think about gun control, then a sample consisting of Bill and Jane would (obviously) be large enough. If Bill wants to know what most Australians think about gun control, then a sample consisting of Bill and Jane would be far too small.

People often commit Hasty Generalizations because of bias or prejudice. For example, someone who is a sexist might conclude that all women are unfit to fly jet fighters because one woman crashed one. People also commonly commit Hasty Generalizations because of laziness or sloppiness. It is very easy to simply leap to a conclusion and much harder to gather an adequate sample and draw a justified conclusion. Thus, avoiding this fallacy requires minimizing the influence of bias and taking care to select a sample that is large enough.

One final point: a Hasty Generalization, like any fallacy, might have a true conclusion. However, as long as the reasoning is fallacious there is no reason to accept the conclusion based on that reasoning.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

There are more. The point is saying there is no proof for something (that at the moment can’t be proved btw) therefore I don’t believe it is the biggest fallacy of all.

lol@scared of the intellect of some teenager/early 20’s person that thinks they’re edgy because they go to college and take Philosophy.

OH YES U R RIGHT, GOD DOESN’T EXIST, U SOLVED IT U SOLVED IT ALL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!111111

retard.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 12/07/2008 6:02PM

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

Yes, I know. Now you have to show that I’ve committed it.

elenaratelimit Posted:

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

There are more.

Then show it, little one.

elenaratelimit Posted:

The point is saying there is no proof for something (that at the moment can’t be proved btw) therefore I don’t believe it is the biggest fallacy of all.

Good thing I’m not saying that.

Now then, little one: are you done showing how ignorant you are? Are you done waving around your lack of knowledge like a trophy?

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

I already showed you where you failed.

ITT: ATHEIST IN DENIAL ABOUT PRETENDING TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE ULTIMATE QUESTION BECAUSE BEING RIGHT AND PRETENDING YOU KNOW **** IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

No, you Merely bumerted, little one.

Now if you’re done waving your ignorance around like e-peen, I’ll thank you to start acting like a thinking human being.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

No, you Merely bumerted, little one.

Now if you’re done waving your ignorance around like e-peen, I’ll thank you to start acting like a thinking human being.

lolol u mad and still dumb

sucks to be you

shrtcat

Avatar: 79911 Sat Nov 15 22:45:44 -0500 2008

Level 25 Emo Kid

Posting from inside JB's bumhole

elenaratelimit Posted:

ITT: ATHEIST IN DENIAL ABOUT PRETENDING TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE ULTIMATE QUESTION BECAUSE BEING RIGHT AND PRETENDING YOU KNOW **** IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

You’re very annoying. You’ve turned a debate into trolling, stop it.

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

elenaratelimit Posted:

Which is why I’m agnostic and not ATHEIST. Because ATHEISTS bumume everything there is to know has already been decided.

Thank you and goodnight.

Agnostics are just atheists without balls.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

lolol u mad and still dumb

sucks to be you

This is not the trolling section of the forum, little one. Go rage against your own impotence.

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

elenaratelimit Posted:

Begging the Question is a fallacy in which the premises include the claim that the conclusion is true or (directly or indirectly) bumume that the conclusion is true. This sort of “reasoning” typically has the following form.

1. Premises in which the truth of the conclusion is claimed or the truth of the conclusion is bumumed (either directly or indirectly).

2. Claim C (the conclusion) is true.

This sort of “reasoning” is fallacious because simply bumuming that the conclusion is true (directly or indirectly) in the premises does not constitute evidence for that conclusion. Obviously, simply bumuming a claim is true does not serve as evidence for that claim. This is especially clear in particularly blatant cases: “X is true. The evidence for this claim is that X is true.”

Some cases of question begging are fairly blatant, while others can be extremely subtle.

escription of Burden of Proof

Burden of Proof is a fallacy in which the burden of proof is placed on the wrong side. Another version occurs when a lack of evidence for side A is taken to be evidence for side B in cases in which the burden of proof actually rests on side B. A common name for this is an Appeal to Ignorance. This sort of reasoning typically has the following form:

1. Claim X is presented by side A and the burden of proof actually rests on side B.

2. Side B claims that X is false because there is no proof for X.

In many situations, one side has the burden of proof resting on it. This side is obligated to provide evidence for its position. The claim of the other side, the one that does not bear the burden of proof, is bumumed to be true unless proven otherwise. The difficulty in such cases is determining which side, if any, the burden of proof rests on. In many cases, settling this issue can be a matter of significant debate. In some cases the burden of proof is set by the situation. For example, in American law a person is bumumed to be innocent until proven guilty (hence the burden of proof is on the prosecution). As another example, in debate the burden of proof is placed on the affirmative team. As a final example, in most cases the burden of proof rests on those who claim something exists (such as Bigfoot, psychic powers, universals, and sense data)

This fallacy is committed when a person draws a conclusion about a population based on a sample that is not large enough. It has the following form:

1. Sample S, which is too small, is taken from population P.

2. Conclusion C is drawn about Population P based on S.

The person committing the fallacy is misusing the following type of reasoning, which is known variously as Inductive Generalization, Generalization, and Statistical Generalization:

1. X% of all observed A’s are B’’s.

2. Therefore X% of all A’s are Bs.

The fallacy is committed when not enough A’s are observed to warrant the conclusion. If enough A’s are observed then the reasoning is not fallacious.

Small samples will tend to be unrepresentative. As a blatant case, asking one person what she thinks about gun control would clearly not provide an adequate sized sample for determing what Canadians in general think about the issue. The general idea is that small samples are less likely to contain numbers proportional to the whole population. For example, if a bucket contains blue, red, green and orange marbles, then a sample of three marbles cannot possible be representative of the whole population of marbles. As the sample size of marbles increases the more likely it becomes that marbles of each color will be selected in proprtion to their numbers in the whole population. The same holds true for things others than marbles, such as people and their political views.

Since Hasty Generalization is committed when the sample (the observed instances) is too small, it is important to have samples that are large enough when making a generalization. The most reliable way to do this is to take as large a sample as is practical. There are no fixed numbers as to what counts as being large enough. If the population in question is not very diverse (a population of cloned mice, for example) then a very small sample would suffice. If the population is very diverse (people, for example) then a fairly large sample would be needed. The size of the sample also depends on the size of the population. Obviously, a very small population will not support a huge sample. Finally, the required size will depend on the purpose of the sample. If Bill wants to know what Joe and Jane think about gun control, then a sample consisting of Bill and Jane would (obviously) be large enough. If Bill wants to know what most Australians think about gun control, then a sample consisting of Bill and Jane would be far too small.

People often commit Hasty Generalizations because of bias or prejudice. For example, someone who is a sexist might conclude that all women are unfit to fly jet fighters because one woman crashed one. People also commonly commit Hasty Generalizations because of laziness or sloppiness. It is very easy to simply leap to a conclusion and much harder to gather an adequate sample and draw a justified conclusion. Thus, avoiding this fallacy requires minimizing the influence of bias and taking care to select a sample that is large enough.

One final point: a Hasty Generalization, like any fallacy, might have a true conclusion. However, as long as the reasoning is fallacious there is no reason to accept the conclusion based on that reasoning.

Oh I made up my own little fallacy.

Fallacy of the idiot who thinks he proved his point by typing a lot of words

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

This is not the trolling section of the forum, little one. Go rage against your own impotence.

lol still mad because you fail… I would be too if I was an atheist

Atheism is a belief, just like religion, you believe what you think is the “truth” regardless of the 0 real evidence either way aspect of it. There is no way around it, no matter how many times you try your pseudo-intellectual bull**** and go around crying about ignorant people.

Stop overestimating your intelligence because by being atheist you prove the mental skills you lack. I mean maybe idiotic 16 year olds raging against God will suck your male reproductive organ but everyone else with a brain still thinks you’re a moron. Face it agnostics are just way better than you ahahaaha.

ps – still a retard

Leyart

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Bull****. I got a girlfriend and a bottle in my bum and a robocat that watch out for my fecal remains and I praised God for that. Your argument is invalid.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

lol

Stop trolling, little one.

elenaratelimit Posted:

Atheism is a belief

And baldness is a hair color.

PS: continuing to troll here will probably not be good for you.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

And baldness is a hair color.

PS: continuing to troll here will probably not be good for you.

What’s with the little one stuff am I supposed to give a ****? It’s not trolling, and yes atheism is a belief much like religion is a belief I’m glad you accept your baseless bumumptions are something you choose to BELIEVE and not something you KNOW.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!