Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion God doesn't exist you fools.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

DarkDespair5 Posted:

He didn’t “win”. He was the first to resort to personal attacks.

he won

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

What are the chances of finding empirical evidence of ‘God’ when we don’t even know what ‘God’ is (if there even is one).

That’s why I’m an atheist: god is so ill-defined as to not exist. It’s called theological noncognitivism.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

OverclockedJesus Posted:

That’s why I’m an atheist: god is so ill-defined as to not exist. It’s called theological noncognitivism.

Please explain to me how anyone can define it? We all have the same limited brain – our own fault doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I REPEAT – WHETHER GOD EXISTS OR NOT DOESN’T DEPEND ON HOW WE DEFINE IT, WHAT’S IN THE BIBLE, OR OTHER PUNY HUMAN BRAIN OPINIONS. I REPEAT, YOU DON’T KNOW ****, AND NEITHER DO I, AND NEITHER DOES A RELIGIOUS PERSON.

But if you make your judgments and think you know the answer that way then it’s no surprise you’re an atheist as you are lacking the same logical skills as religious people, but in the opposite way.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

he won

QFF (Quoted 4 Fail)

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

HP Lovecraft Posted:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

ShadyPixels edited this message on 12/07/2008 5:21PM

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

Please explain to me how anyone can define it?

With words. Now whether or not those words describe something which can exist is a different question altogether.

elenaratelimit Posted:

But if you make your judgments and think you know the answer that way then it’s no surprise you’re an atheist as you are lacking the same logical skills as religious people, but in the opposite way.

Silly thing: believing that you are above it just because you don’t want to think is your problem. Don’t bash me because you have some aversion to thought. I won’t put up with that nonsense.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

elenaratelimit Posted:

Please explain to me how anyone can define it? We all have the same limited brain – our own fault doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I REPEAT – WHETHER GOD EXISTS OR NOT DOESN’T DEPEND ON HOW WE DEFINE IT, WHAT’S IN THE BIBLE, OR OTHER PUNY HUMAN BRAIN OPINIONS. I REPEAT, YOU DON’T KNOW ****, AND NEITHER DO I, AND NEITHER DOES A RELIGIOUS PERSON.

That’s true, but it shouldn’t stop debate or research on the topic. That fact is true at this point in time, but we may find tangible evidence at some point in time.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

DarkDespair5 Posted:

That’s true, but it shouldn’t stop debate or research on the topic. That fact is true at this point in time, but we may find tangible evidence at some point in time.

Which is why I’m agnostic and not ATHEIST. Because ATHEISTS bumume everything there is to know has already been decided.

Thank you and goodnight.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

elenaratelimit Posted:

Which is why I’m agnostic and not ATHEIST. Because ATHEISTS bumume everything there is to know has already been decided.

Thank you and goodnight.

I’m not an atheist either ^^ (Agnostic)

I just like to argue =P

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/07/2008 5:23PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

lol Atheist vs Agnostic debate

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Inertia Posted:

lol Atheist

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

elenaratelimit Posted:

No they do not.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

OverclockedJesus Posted:

No they do not.

You position bumumes knowledge of the existence or lack thereof of God. Tell me how this isn’t claiming to know everything.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

You position bumumes knowledge of the existence or lack thereof of God. Tell me how this isn’t claiming to know everything.

Tell me how it is.

Oh, and I know that there are no square circles. Does that mean I claim to know everything?

OverclockedJesus edited this message on 12/07/2008 5:31PM

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I never thought I’d say this – I agree.

We can’t know absolutely whether there is some type of God or not.

My arguments beforehand were towards any particular, specific belief.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

I never thought I’d say this – I agree.

We can’t know absolutely whether there is some type of God or not.

Sure we can. If the claimed attributes of the thing preclude it from existing, it can’t exist, can it?

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Sure we can. If the claimed attributes of the thing preclude it from existing, it can’t exist, can it?

How do god’s claimed attributes prevent it from existing?

Wartom

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

HELLO I AM THE NEW KIDLog in to see images!

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

How do god’s claimed attributes prevent it from existing?

Usually god is said to be supernatural or spirit. Well, have those been shown to exist? No. Blatant question-begging.

Usually god is said to have created the universe. That begs the question of existence apart from the universe and that the universe was created.

In several traditions god is omnimax. Omni- attributes are an end-run around the concept of definition.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Usually god is said to be supernatural or spirit. Well, have those been shown to exist? No. Blatant question-begging.

Usually god is said to have created the universe. That begs the question of existence apart from the universe and that the universe was created.

In several traditions god is omnimax. Omni- attributes are an end-run around the concept of definition.

If we do not know how the universe was formed, how can we explicitly deny the existence of an entity that could form it? It doesn’t have to be omnipotent, good, evil…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!