Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Fix Hackers

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Healbot Posted:

Why fix what isn’t broken?

You are a major troll. I bet you don’t have a hacker alt. I fully approve of a hacker buff. A mbumive one. Hackers theoretically should be the hardest hitting clbum, and the clbum that requires the largest ammount of money to keep up.

Also, I think that the ammount of extra ego hackers get with their free packs should be increased for each one. Even at level 11, an extra ten max ego is laughable.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

No. No changes yet. There hasn’t been enough time for data collection, so ANY changes would be premature.

My advice is to go to the hacker forums and work-out a balanced spec for taking on powerful forums, and then for spend your visits hitting forums that are at or below your level. That will provide the most accurate and reliable information to ET as fast as possible, and result in the shortest possible time spent nerfed.

I’ve been asking for harder forums for quite awhile now, and now we’ll FINALLY get to see people speccing out sensibly instead of going bat**** very special on offense. NOW the balancing can REALLY begin. \o/

Altitis_B

[The Protected]

Level 41 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Big Brother Posted:

You are a major troll. I bet you don’t have a hacker alt. I fully approve of a hacker buff. A mbumive one. Hackers theoretically should be the hardest hitting clbum, and the clbum that requires the largest ammount of money to keep up.

Also, I think that the ammount of extra ego hackers get with their free packs should be increased for each one. Even at level 11, an extra ten max ego is laughable.

This is my Hacker alt. Hackers are fine, their mbumive Offense makes up for the low base attacks.

ReynoldsBird

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

BaconSupreme Posted:

Every other non-challenge clbum gets two 200+ attacks with a refresh of 1. Our only 200+ attack is ipz, which has a refresh of ****ing 6.

Don’t forget that the Emo’s two top attacks also gets bonus when low on hp, so they are actually even higher.

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

Hackers are underclbumed. That’s a fact.

With the 5k-6k Ego forumz and 1.8k attacks, what is expected of us?

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

Well, i can now prove how fail the nerfs are. After the all the attacks damaged were reduced by like 200% and costs doubled, as well as the forum buffs, the only way to beat them was to use haxlrose and turn almost all the offense boots in ego. Only way to beat forums now is to have over 9000 (well, over 5000) ego to survive attacks and just use the garbage hacker attacks while waiting for the best attack (ophelias poetry and recipes for disaster) to refresh. The forum grinds have just become longer and IMO, the offense and defence attributes have completely gone out of the window. This should be changed.

BlackberryiP-
od

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

lol well in that case he just swapped the roles, trolls used to be the tank clbum, but now with 350 base damage one refresh attacks they just pump everything into offense instead of ego to hit 4k, and hackers with no attacks over 200 and 5 refresh pump everything into ego to have 5k+ to beat forums. its still balanced

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

Lemon sherbets ;_;

And is this Recipe’s for Disaster Ep II stuff?

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

yes, its ep.2. seriously something is ****ing brocken, i just got owned trying to pwn Dykea with level 32, 122 offense, 78 defence, and 5200 ego. Hacker is now officially challenge clbum ktybye

Zilurtrav

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

In all this talk about balancing the damage one clbum can do compared to another, I think there’s one point no one’s brought up that’s just plain screwy. ET said in another topic on the 25th:

You guys might be surprised to find that from a pure damage standpoint, camwhores and hackers and emo kids are now EVEN, closer than they’ve ever been.

This is simply based on averages pulled since yesterday. There is no math to screw up beyond that.

Trolls do about 30% more damage right now by the looks of things, so they’ll be nerfed next, but less drastically than before.

There being even between Camwhores, Emo Kids and Hackers is put forth as the ideal, despite the fact they have wildly different Offense capabilities. My Hacker currently has 153 Offense, my Camwhore about 112 when equipped at the loss of other stats, and from what I’m hearing Emo Kids around 90-some, and yet they’re all supposed to do the same amount of damage. With ipz at 6 refresh, my Hacker does about the same as my Camwhore can every other turn with Fetish Pics—then the attack my Hacker can use every other turn does about half the damage, or a third of what a Troll can do every other turn.

It seems to me that what ET should have done was calculate the damages for equal Offense statistics across clbumes—say, 100—and set the damage from there, because, as it is, having over one and a half times the Offense of a Troll means a Hacker can do less than half the damage per turn.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Yes, I think that trying to make damage equal is just plain silly, since the point of the clbumes being, y’know, different clbumes, is that they’re good at DIFFERENT things.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

Sweet, now I need tons of consumables just to beat Suburban Gangstas, let alone Dykea and Second Wife. This is awesomely tedious. Thanks ET!

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

Awesome, my streak was at 65 and I just died at Great Firewall even though I had tons of consumables. My favorite part is how my Level 35 Troll with 103 attack does like 1700 with Recipe for Disaster, and this account that has 123 attack hits for like 400 with ipz. That’s just so cool.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Really what Hackers need is something other than conventional attacks, which are amusing to look at but are not very effective compared to those of other (non noob) clbumes. I know that during Episode 2 design there was talk of having Hacker attacks do damage over time (like how the endopatch heals you, but the other way around), but that didn’t make it into the final package. Adding am “attacks continue to do damage after the turn in which they’re used” ability to at least some of the Hacker attacks would both serve to make the clbum less weak and more interesting. I mean, other clbumes at least have multiple skill trees. Hackers deserve something more than vandalism hax.

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

admiralcervixtor Posted:

Awesome, my streak was at 65 and I just died at Great Firewall even though I had tons of consumables. My favorite part is how my Level 35 Troll with 103 attack does like 1700 with Recipe for Disaster, and this account that has 123 attack hits for like 400 with ipz. That’s just so cool.

That’s your damn fault. Don’t try to pwn level 30-something forums with a level 20-something hacker without expecting gigantic offense debuffs.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

BaconSupreme Posted:

That’s your damn fault. Don’t try to pwn level 30-something forums with a level 20-something hacker without expecting gigantic offense debuffs.

Really, it’s my fault that things were buffed up with absolutely no warning unless you frequently check the Twitter feed?

How dumb of me to expect some sort of announcement about that.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

admiralcervixtor Posted:

Really, it’s my fault that things were buffed up with absolutely no warning unless you frequently check the Twitter feed?

How dumb of me to expect some sort of announcement about that.

Yes, just don’t blame yourself, you beautiful unique snowflake.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

Healbot Posted:

Yes, just don’t blame yourself, you beautiful unique snowflake.

How could I possibly expect something game-changing to be announced somewhere besides the Twitter that maybe 80 people check? You’re right, not like that would be good game design or anything.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Non damage aside, I think now that trolls are actually the most broken clbum now.

Only because of all the mbumive pumping of our attack we can do, and because of the fact that right now, I haxl’d my stats for more offense and still have 110 ego (more than enough) and 710 Douchebaggery just from equips. And the best part is that with my 92 defense from my equips and packs, I have never needed to spend money on restores since I hit lvl 35 since I spent a few points on upkeep. Plus with my frugality points from .moars mostly, I don’t have to pay almost anything for repairs.

Hurray! I’m helping the fleez problem!

That aside, yes hackers are broken, but I don’t think they need to be worked on much. Making all the clbumes have the same average damage makes it so all the clbumes play the same.

Also, I like how ET said that hackers have a more average damage now, when trolls have attack boosts at will, emo kids have attack boosts when their ego gets low, and camwhores can restore their HP. Hackers can do… oh wait, they can’t do anything.

ZXZ

Avatar: 72820 Sat Oct 18 22:59:12 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Makes me glad I capped my Hacker a while ago.

I was wondering why I was hitting 2.6k, and wasn’t hitting 3.6k with IPz today, until I checked the attack power. I can sort of understand the lowering of the attack power of a couple of the attacks, but raising their costs when Proc. is DAMN hard to get without sacrificing much-needed Offensive power was uncalled for. I’m using nearly a tenth of my Proc for each Avtr. It’s a good thing I’m not trying to take on higher forums either, I’ve only got like 1900 Ego. -.-

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!