Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 Don't sweat it.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

It’s always been quite a bug to me that the only thing you can say to Shallow Esophagus for most of the game is “Don’t sweat it” to close the window. As the game progresses, “Don’t sweat it” is probably the LAST thing you would want to say to this weirdo. It almost feels like the game is operating independently of itself.

I mean, I can’t possibly be the only person that continuously checks up on Shallow, to see if he’s got anything new to discuss, only to find the same old “Don’t sweat it” response waiting for me to click.

I’d think there would be more responses like “Well, get back to me ASAP…”, or “I wonder why he’s still not available?”, or “When you get back, I’d like to ask you something…”. Something that actually makes more sense as the story progresses, because while “Don’t sweat it” is relevant in the beginning of the game (when he’s more of a guide to you), it sure feels like a stupid thing to say later in the game.

Also, searched the forum and didn’t see anyone else mentioning this, so at least it’s out there now.

8-Bit Raepdog

Avatar: 73875 Fri Jan 02 18:59:46 -0500 2009

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Agreed.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Away messages are not supposed to advance the plot or set a scene, they’re supposed to let you know that you haven’t done everything you need to do to provoke the next conversation with an NPC. If you get an away message it is because you are not supposed to be talking to SE right now… if you had anything to say to him, he’d be there.

****tlebricks

Avatar: 64836 Sun Oct 26 21:31:24 -0400 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

THIS IS NITPICKING.

DISCLAIMER: This is a disclaimer. Log in to see images!

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Orb Posted:

Away messages are not supposed to advance the plot or set a scene, they’re supposed to let you know that you haven’t done everything you need to do to provoke the next conversation with an NPC. If you get an away message it is because you are not supposed to be talking to SE right now… if you had anything to say to him, he’d be there.

I realize that, but despite the conditions changing, the away message (or at least your possible response) never changes from when you started the game. I’m not saying it should advance the plot at all, but rather that it should at least somewhat reflect what might be a reasonable sort of response, like characters often do in games, y’know? Log in to see images!

edit: Yes, I also realize it’s nitpicking, but it’s not nearly as bad as nitpicking typos, which a very enviable e-peen is given for pointing out… Log in to see images! FalconFour edited this message on 11/03/2008 9:36PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!