Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Hamelin Posted:

I have a feeling in the future there’ll be lots of pages of suggestions to go through, so perhaps we could get some sort of widget (or something) that, as an option, could be placed on the character pane underneath the status boxes that displays a random forum suggestion that we haven’t voted on, and the option to vote it up or down?

Excellent idea. One thing to consider is in a few days there’s going to be many different components to vote on, so to be fully fair they’d all have to be represented in the widget, but I do like it.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Blah, my awesome idea was not widely hailed as genius. Such is my life. Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Just have to say, looking through the first week or so of forumbuildr v2.0 BETA suggestions, I’m so impressed with you guys it makes me want to puke. Like, it’s nonstop gold over there.

bumuming our users can keep up the creativity at this rate, I have a feeling that not only will we be able to sustain some fairly entertaining content for a long time to come, but I’ll soon be out of a job as “Head Writer Guy.” Which isn’t such a bad thing, because I can concentrate on more story elements and other gameplay fabulous personry.

Awesome work, people!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

If you like an idea, but the mainstream diggites don’t, would you maybe put it in Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

If you like an idea, but the mainstream diggites don’t, would you maybe put it in Log in to see images!

You mean skip it to the top? I doubt we’d do that. The ForumBuildr is your tool, I’d like to intervene only when necessary, not just because we like an idea everyone else voted down Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Update

Okay, it’s official, our first forum will be Gamefabulous persons, based on a suggestion by Udelar. Udelar was also the first person to finish Episode 1, but I swear there’s no conspiracy Log in to see images!

Since this is our first real build, I’m sure there will be lots of questions and stuff, so feel free to fill this thread up with them. It’s also our first real shot at the interface, so please bring up any concerns and things like that. Enjoy!

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

oh god where is a list of the abbreviations, there’s twenty million of them and I can’t keep them all straight.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

There is no list because as you mentioned it’s way too long, but you might have noticed the search box below the madlib entry. It searches by name and value as you type, so as long as you remember the gist of what you’re looking for you can find it quickly.

Also hitting enter while searching inserts that code.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I noticed the construction box suggests a category for some words. It would be handier for the search box to branch off of that, if it could. For instance, if I want to write a thread title chances are I’m gonna think of a specimen and then try to find things that would madlib in place. If it was set up to allow me to just swap out words it would be significantly easier.

Also, there’s no “next” bumon to see more than one page of potential enemies.

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 12/30/2007 3:00PM

Udelar

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

mmmm…. epeen.

On a more serious note, there’s already a whole bunch of great posts. I think the system works.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

HAIL SATIN Posted:

I noticed the construction box suggests a category for some words. It would be handier for the search box to branch off of that, if it could. For instance, if I want to write a thread title chances are I’m gonna think of a specimen and then try to find things that would madlib in place. If it was set up to allow me to just swap out words it would be significantly easier.

Also, there’s no “next” bumon to see more than one page of potential enemies.

About the suggestions for word types, that’s a good idea and I’ll look into it.

I’ve also added the pagination controls to the enemies.

Other Updates

Jalapeno and I added 5 new word types related to this current forum for you guys to use:

@video_games – Popular Video Games

@vg_sys_clbumic – Clbumic Video Game Systems

@vg_sys_clbumic – Clbumic Video Game Systems

@vg_sys_modern – Modern Video Game System

@vg_companies – Video Game Companies

Also, hitting enter to select from the search no longer submits your madlib. Oops on that one! Hitting enter will select the word you have highlighted for fast keyboard use.

Evil Trout edited this message on 12/30/2007 3:58PM

Udelar

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

So, it was pretty obvious that when we were voting on forums that the one with the most votes would be the only one to go up this week.

However, we need multiples of posts, enemies, etc. Where’s the cutoff?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

The logo and style will be the top voted one in each.

For the writing, basically we’ll come up with a quality threshold based on the number of submissions. Since this is our first time doing it I don’t know what that threshold would be, but I think it’ll be pretty obvious to look at the list and determine where they start getting mediocre in terms of votes.

Also, when we get forumwarz domination out (the point game) people will receive points based on how many positive votes they get for their submissions, so there will be an added incentive to create good stuff Log in to see images!

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’ve noticed that all non-winning forum ideas get erased at the end of each week. What’s to stop people from copying high-rated non-winning ideas and submitting them themselves the next week?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

That’s a good point. A couple of people have already suggested to me that we should keep around the high voted ones and I think that’s a good idea. I think tomorrow I will ressurect the top 10 with their votes reset (excluding the comic one, which is already back.)

Then I’ll make it part of the process for that to happen automatically. That should solve most of the problem.

I also think we could benefit from a “What haven’t I voted on?” section somewhere. Now that there are dozens in some of the categories it requires a few clicks to find the new stuff.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

****, I just accidentally downvoted something I liked. Will there ever be a way to take back votes?

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 12/31/2007 12:56AM

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

PUBICDAWG Posted:

****, I just accidentally downvoted something I liked. Will there ever be a way to take back votes?

I guess as long as other people vote it should be OK

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

I think tomorrow I will ressurect the top 10 with their votes reset (excluding the comic one, which is already back.)

Just so you know, the LOSERS forum is also back.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

I can’t really think of an elegant way to do it right now. That little voting widget doesn’t have much room for an “Oops” on it, but who knows, maybe I can have another page or something that allows you to do it later.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

I’m really enjoying the forumbuildr. It’s fun to see how much people like or hate my ideas. Though I’d like to ask that the sorting options be added for “users” as well, if possible? It’s nice to go and do the “sort by newest” so I can vote on everything I haven’t seen yet, and it seems strange that there’s just the one category where I can’t do it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!