Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Well, then, might as well add a rating for the new avatars too, it’ll cut down on mbumive glut.

Maybe only accept the top voted dozen or so a week in addition to limiting the number of avatars each user can submit?

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout, are you happy with the amount of submissions this week?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Yeah, I think you guys did a great job. There’s some really funny stuff in there! Submissions have slowed down, but that’s to be expected towards the end of the week once everyone has already contributed their funniest ideas.

I’m going to launch Gamefabulous persons tomorrow night during some maintenance, and then the next build will begin.

In other news: Forumwarz Domination is very close to being finished. I think we’ll launch that sometime around the middle of the week. I like the idea of having Domination rounds begin and end mid week and have forumbuildr rounds begin and end on the weekend. It means every few days something new is starting!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

That does sound like a reason to check in every day.

Are there going to be 5 different contributor badges or “invented a forum + contributed to a forum?” Or badge-per-forum?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Week 1 Update

The first user built forum, Gamefabulous personS is now playable under the forumbuildr tab. As for the difficulty, it’s somewhere above above the Furry forum and below the nuke forum. It bridges the gap nicely, I think.

Since there were so many submissions, I ended up using a Threshold of 10 votes minimum for every category except angry replies, where I used 8. This gives about 25-30 “successful” contributions for each section, which has quite a lot of variety.

There is new E-Peen™ related to the build, now that the final stats are in. There is basically a new E-Peen™ for each area you can contribute in, with logo design and style sharing the same E-Peen™. There is also one for the most overall contributions. As you can see on the ForumBuildr page, this week HAIL SATIN contributed the most, and also won the most E-Peen™! It goes without saying, but the E-Peen™ is based on “successful” contributions, a.k.a those that were voted past the threshold.

As always, post your comments / questions / feedback so we can continue to improve the process!

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

I just tried the new Game fabulous person forum and after beating one thread I couldn’t go any further. There was no link to the next thread. Just the leave battle tab. I also keep seeing this.

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/0.5.33

Bigguyinblack edited this message on 01/06/2008 3:10PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Bigguyinblack Posted:

I just tried the new Game fabulous person forum and after beating one thread I couldn’t go any further. There was no link to the next thread. Just the leave battle tab. I also keep seeing this.

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/0.5.33

I sent you an email about that, there was a bug and it should be fixed now. The gateway thing is what you see when I push out a fix Log in to see images!

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

I replied and it’s working now. Really tough to beat but I don’t have Fap so that might have made it noticeably harder.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

All the enemies and enemy votes from the Gamefabulous personS build are still listed on the Enemies page. Was this intentional or is this a bug?

Edit: I’ve just noticed that on the main forumbuildr page, Enemies is listed as having no submissions, so there must be a bug. This problem isn’t present with any other part of forumbuildr.

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 01/06/2008 8:22PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

All the enemies and enemy votes from the Gamefabulous personS build are still listed on the Enemies page. Was this intentional or is this a bug?

Edit: I’ve just noticed that on the main forumbuildr page, Enemies is listed as having no submissions, so there must be a bug. This problem isn’t present with any other part of forumbuildr.

Oops, it’s fixed now, thanks.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

On the Enemies page, in Newest view, the order of entries seems to be random. It changes completely whenever I refresh.

Edit: Damn, I didn’t realize that it was the new ‘same day randomization’ thing.

Edit2: It seems that this only happens with the Enemies page. It could potentially be confusing to anyone who hasn’t read the site update thread.

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 01/07/2008 1:07AM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I like how the forumbuildr subheadline randomizes. Maybe it IS about remixability Log in to see images!

Edit: It’s really weird. Almost ALL the popular forum ideas from last week are now unpopular. Is everyone voting down everyone-else’s in a race to supremacy? If so **** ya’llLog in to see images! Vagitarian edited this message on 01/07/2008 11:28AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

On the Enemies page, in Newest view, the order of entries seems to be random. It changes completely whenever I refresh.

Edit: Damn, I didn’t realize that it was the new ‘same day randomization’ thing.

Edit2: It seems that this only happens with the Enemies page. It could potentially be confusing to anyone who hasn’t read the site update thread.

Yeah I think it could use a little work to make it less confusing. I’ll probably be tweaking it over the next few days.

Vagitarian Posted:

I like how the forumbuildr subheadline randomizes. Maybe it IS about remixability Log in to see images!

Edit: It’s really weird. Almost ALL the popular forum ideas from last week are now unpopular. Is everyone voting down everyone-else’s in a race to supremacy? If so **** ya’llLog in to see images!

We love throwing in randomness, there’s tons of it in the game Log in to see images! The sub-head is based on Wikipedia’s graph of “Web 2.0” terms which I’ve always thought was ridiculous.

I have noticed the odd differences in voting. Like Komic Bookz was #2 during our first round, no it has zero votes. I’m starting to think that not showing the votes (as has been suggested) is the way to go but I haven’t run it by the other guys yet.

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I have to say, I found it extremely satisfying to see my submissions in the forum as I fought my way through it.

forumbuildr has become my favorite part of the game so far, it’s a great friggin idea.

CommunistBoi-
lingTesticles

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Oh golly! Some E-Peen! Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I forgot I wrote ‘Supertasemebros’ until I looked into the new-enemy builder and saw that.

Hope everyone likes my contributions. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Evil Trout Posted:

In other news: Forumwarz Domination is very close to being finished. I think we’ll launch that sometime around the middle of the week. I like the idea of having Domination rounds begin and end mid week and have forumbuildr rounds begin and end on the weekend. It means every few days something new is starting!

^^^

As it turns out, I was wrong. It needs a little more work before we’ll launch it. It’ll be done by the weekend but I imagine we’ll wait until next Wed to launch it anyway.

We also decided to implement randomized voting for the ForumBuildr. I’ll try to get it done for next week’s build!

Also, nobody has submitted a logo/style this week. That’s an easy E-Peen™ to earn! We’re trying to let you guys do most of the work, but if nobody makes them up before Sunday I’ll step in with my photoshop skills Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I bumume you don’t want MS Paint? Because I -could- whip up somethin’.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

well I wasn’t gonna do one because I did the last one but cripes dudes I’m gonna go and do it now

man I hate this chibi anime-chan ****

hey, it keeps showing the gamefabulous persons logo even though there is an actual submission for a logo, too.

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 01/10/2008 1:17PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

HAIL SATIN Posted:

well I wasn’t gonna do one because I did the last one but cripes dudes I’m gonna go and do it now

man I hate this chibi anime-chan ****

hey, it keeps showing the gamefabulous persons logo even though there is an actual submission for a logo, too.

Sweet, I like it. I also fixed that bug where it was showing last week’s logo by mistake!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!