Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business RE brownie points: Provide an alternative payment method to PayPal or lose my buisness... It's your choice...

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Captain Trek Posted:

It wasn’t necessary to make the same post three times, Johnny Mac… I’ll either reply to your post or not and spamming it over and over isn’t going to make me reply to it… Ultimately you’ll just annoy everyone else…

No, Max Douche, that wasn’t a flame either…

I’m just trying to give you a great way to go around your problem buddy, if you don’t want to heed that advice it is your loss. Also I annoy everyone anyway imo.

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Veer Posted:

as a member of crotch zombie i say lose your business

If that’s true, then someone forgot your “We Recommend The Crotch” E-Peen… Heh, I’m not that gullible, mate… Log in to see images! Captain Trek edited this message on 11/02/2008 4:49AM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I suggest you go to the paypal site and help your mama with her customer service issue if the ban is so unwarranted. Right now, you make it sound like you don’t have any choice what to do. You have at least 5 choices.

1: Fix your paypal problem, buy episode 2, and shut up.

2: Wait until Crotch Zombie decides to accept another payment method like they have discussed (don’t worry, they will tell us when, not the other way around), and shut up.

3: Don’t buy episode 2, we really won’t be shedding tears for you, and shut up.

4: Win some contests in the forums, there are always lots of contests running,and shut up

5: Shut up.

MicRo-BreAtH

[The temple of MicR-
o-BreAtH
]

Level 69 Permanoob

an god LOL

I would also like other payment methods to be up.

fabulous persons of War

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I agree **** the whole eBay network.

Those fabulous persons banned me because I had the same name as a previously banned user and now I have to fax them a photocopy of my pbumport every 3 months.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I don’t get the PayPal hate. I’ve used it for probably hundreds of transactions and have never had a single problem. My guess is that the vast majority of people complaining about PayPal simply don’t get how it works, or how to protect themselves, in general, in regards to financial transactions.

Using PayPal as a go-between with your credit/debit card is a completely separate situation than using your Paypal account. It is virtually no different than when you swipe your card at the grocery store and key in your pin number. It uses the same interbank protocols and securities.

This reminds me of when I hear people claim that they’ll never give [Insert Bank Name Here] any of their business again, and they blithely swipe their card through a machine that uses that bank to process the transaction.

Finally, as far as ‘taking your business elsewhere’?

No. You won’t. Because there is no competitor to ForumWarz. You can’t go spend your money over at BattleThreadz. You will either patronize this business in the manner in which the business owner chooses to allow transactions, or you will not.

What has happened here is that you’ve taken your ‘outrage’ at PayPal for whatever perceived slight that occurred, and transfered it over to Crotch Zombie.

Question: Did you even bother to contact Crotch Zombie directly to see about sending a money order via mail, or some other alternative method of payment, before you launched your rant here?

Acid Flux edited this message on 11/02/2008 11:51AM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

SuperMonkeyMan Posted:

Why can’t you use PayPal? Log in to see images!

Also, lol @ Artix Entertainment

Edit: After reading that site, it appears the only people that have problems with PayPal are the ones involved in dodgy activities. Also, who are these “others” you speak of?

Edit2: LOL, not a reputable site at all: http://www.paypalsucks.com/katrina.shtml <—- Look at the source for the second article.

SA may be a humor site, but that was a legitimate donation drive and PayPal really did block it from happening.

MicRo-BreAtH

[The temple of MicR-
o-BreAtH
]

Level 69 Permanoob

an god LOL

I wish’d transactions by mobile were possible Log in to see images!

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Visa Giftcard + Fake Email Address = Paypal Workaround.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Maximum Douche Posted:

Look dude, he’s already said he’s looking into ****, but if you’re going to be an obnoxious brat about it, you may as well get bent. The attitude is the problem, and you obviously don’t want to fix that.

Complaining about it, providing no links yourself to back it up, talking in generalizations, then flaming anyone who responds in a NON RP forum, is going to get you bent over, raped, and possibly banned.

So perhaps one more, with a bit of feeling?

Saying “I’ll take my money elsewhere” is really not that big a threat, especially not from some no name like you.

jesus christ shut up. the op may have come across as a tiny bit male reproductive organish, but you look about ten times worse. i don’t know where you got the idea that you’re some sort of bigshot crusading against valid complaints from new players, but you’re not.

Wylin Posted:

I suggest you go to the paypal site and help your mama with her customer service issue if the ban is so unwarranted. Right now, you make it sound like you don’t have any choice what to do. You have at least 5 choices.

1: Fix your paypal problem, buy episode 2, and shut up.

2: Wait until Crotch Zombie decides to accept another payment method like they have discussed (don’t worry, they will tell us when, not the other way around), and shut up.

3: Don’t buy episode 2, we really won’t be shedding tears for you, and shut up.

4: Win some contests in the forums, there are always lots of contests running,and shut up

5: Shut up.

see, this **** isn’t neccessary.

WHY MUST YOU ALL INSIST ON BUM RUSHING ANY THREAD WITH A COMPLAINT AND WAVING YOUR male reproductive organ IN IT

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

At first, Evil Trout patently refused to use PayPal because he too has a moral dilemma with using their service. It stems from some episode where Something Awful tried to contribute money for Katrina and got stonewalled for no good reason.

After pointing out that I thought it was mildly very special that anyone would use a site called “Something Awful” to contribute to flood victims instead of, oh, I don’t know — RED ****ING CROSS — we eventually agreed that, realistically, there’s no choice. They’re the most widespread and popular service and they’re at least perceived as the most reliable.

Sure, we could go with some no-name service (that’s probably just as ****ty and expensive) and far fewer people would donate because they don’t have accounts and they’d be wary of signing up. We weren’t happy about the being forced into a corner, but sometimes you just have to play along until something better comes to light.

So, while we’re still looking for alternative donation methods (right now it looks like mobile payments are unrealistic, and renting a PO Box for money orders wouldn’t be worth it), I can only suggest putting your animus for PayPal aside if you’re serious about donating, or use a friend’s account and pay them back. We offered this article:

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/How_To_Donate_If_You_Have_No_Credit_Card

As someone mentioned before, if you get a gift card, you’re much less vulnerable to credit card fraud or phishing or whatever else it is you’re concerned about.

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 11/02/2008 12:40PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Hey this is a good opportunity to mention that I saw prepaid VISA gift cards in my local Safeway recently. i live in north vancouver, BC (canada) and thought they didn’t exist up here. But they do!

Apparently they don’t work reliably in normal stores (every place i’ve worked has had issues with them), but do work online. They take a bit of extra effort somehow but the fact is, you can get them.

Then you just use paypal as the cashier, you don’t actually need an account. Just fire the prepaid card info into it and you’re done!

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 11/02/2008 12:48PM

The Girl Wit-
h Mad Skillz-
Yo

[Homosexual Goose M-
afiosi
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

...apparently he’s under the delusion that losing his business means the end of forumwarz. It’s not always about you, buddy.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

At first, Evil Trout patently refused to use PayPal because he too has a moral dilemma with using their service. It stems from some episode where Something Awful tried to contribute money for Katrina and got stonewalled for no good reason.

After pointing out that I thought it was mildly very special that anyone would use a site called “Something Awful” to contribute to flood victims instead of, oh, I don’t know — RED ****ING CROSS — we eventually agreed that, realistically, there’s no choice.

As I recall, the SA donations were going to the Red Cross, but donors would receive some special incentive from Lowtax for being good people.

fabulous persons of War

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

ITT people playing a game about internet culture who’ve never heard of the most influential website in the western world.

Queers of War edited this message on 11/02/2008 2:26PM

republica

Level 25 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

I agree that the OP went around the wrong way, but I feel he, at the core, has a legitimate complaint. Paypal does kind of suck. But there aren’t a lot of viable alternatives, especially with the developers based in Canada (as I believe is true).

I would ask if the site devs could look into google checkout or Amazon Payments?

Amazon Payments is really straightforward once you have it set up (I’ve used it in past projects), fees are comparable to Paypal, and has volume discounts. They also have automatic micropay rates for charges less than $10 (5% + $.05).

republica edited this message on 11/06/2008 11:06PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!