Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I don’t get the PayPal hate. I’ve used it for probably hundreds of transactions and have never had a single problem. My guess is that the vast majority of people complaining about PayPal simply don’t get how it works, or how to protect themselves, in general, in regards to financial transactions.

Using PayPal as a go-between with your credit/debit card is a completely separate situation than using your Paypal account. It is virtually no different than when you swipe your card at the grocery store and key in your pin number. It uses the same interbank protocols and securities.

This reminds me of when I hear people claim that they’ll never give [Insert Bank Name Here] any of their business again, and they blithely swipe their card through a machine that uses that bank to process the transaction.

Finally, as far as ‘taking your business elsewhere’?

No. You won’t. Because there is no competitor to ForumWarz. You can’t go spend your money over at BattleThreadz. You will either patronize this business in the manner in which the business owner chooses to allow transactions, or you will not.

What has happened here is that you’ve taken your ‘outrage’ at PayPal for whatever perceived slight that occurred, and transfered it over to Crotch Zombie.

Question: Did you even bother to contact Crotch Zombie directly to see about sending a money order via mail, or some other alternative method of payment, before you launched your rant here?

Acid Flux edited this message on 11/02/2008 11:51AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!