Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business RE brownie points: Provide an alternative payment method to PayPal or lose my buisness... It's your choice...

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

To the members of Crotch Zombie…

I’m going to get right to the point… We (myself and several of those close to me) have had numerous bad experiences with the PayPal service (I’m not going to go into details as doing so would render this post uncomfortably long) and we have long since boycotted the service…

Now, up until a quarter of an hour ago at the time of posting I was very much looking forward to having a crack at episode II, but then I discovered that the only payment method for purchasing brownie points was through PayPal… At once my enthusiasm deflated… Believe me, s enjoyable as it is, I am NOT going to hop back onto the Russian roulette that is PayPal on account of this one game…

So let me make myself very clear, either provide an alternative payment method to PayPal (you might try the British service “Click ‘N’ Buy” that Artix Entertainment uses), or lose my business and my $14 AUS, it’s that simple… And trust me, I’m not the only one who will refrain from purchasing brownie points on account of PayPal, particularly here in Australia… Simply type in “PayPal sucks” (minus the quotation marks) on a Google search and the horror stories of people who have been burned by this disreputable service will come flying think and fast, mostly told by people who won’t be going back for seconds… The choice is yours, Crotch Zombie…

Peace and long life…

Captain Trek

arbitrayer

Level 18 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

arbitrayer Posted:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

looks legit

I’ve never had my avg pop-up a block like it did for that page before. What’s on that page?

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Find ET and hand him the money (Or blowjob) personally.

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

Captain Trek Posted:

To the members of Crotch Zombie…

I’m going to get right to the point… We (myself and several of those close to me) have had numerous bad experiences with the PayPal service (I’m not going to go into details as doing so would render this post uncomfortably long) and we have long since boycotted the service…

Now, up until a quarter of an hour ago at the time of posting I was very much looking forward to having a crack at episode II, but then I discovered that the only payment method for purchasing brownie points was through PayPal… At once my enthusiasm deflated… Believe me, s enjoyable as it is, I am NOT going to hop back onto the Russian roulette that is PayPal on account of this one game…

So let me make myself very clear, either provide an alternative payment method to PayPal (you might try the British service “Click ‘N’ Buy” that Artix Entertainment uses), or lose my business and my $14 AUS, it’s that simple… And trust me, I’m not the only one who will refrain from purchasing brownie points on account of PayPal, particularly here in Australia… Simply type in “PayPal sucks” (minus the quotation marks) on a Google search and the horror stories of people who have been burned by this disreputable service will come flying think and fast, mostly told by people who won’t be going back for seconds… The choice is yours, Crotch Zombie…

Peace and long life…

Captain Trek

Why can’t you use PayPal? Log in to see images!

Also, lol @ Artix Entertainment

Edit: After reading that site, it appears the only people that have problems with PayPal are the ones involved in dodgy activities. Also, who are these “others” you speak of?

Edit2: LOL, not a reputable site at all: http://www.paypalsucks.com/katrina.shtml <—- Look at the source for the second article.

SuperMonkeyMan edited this message on 11/02/2008 3:36AM

Maximum Douc-
he

Avatar: 64815 Fri Nov 28 03:51:29 -0500 2008

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

I love speedos and speedos love me. Also, male reproductive organ.

Wow and I thought trolling was banned in General Discussion…

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Of course, the PayPalsucks.com website is hardly the only website that adresses this sort of thing… There are over 300,000 search results for “PayPal sucks” alone, another 300,000 for “PayPal go to hell” (the first result of which links a bunch of anger on the EBay forum) and over 2,000,000 for “**** PayPal”...

Hatred of PayPal is hardly a fringe phenonemon… And you can either take the fact that not everyone is willing (or able, my mother’s account was banned with no explaination given, after she had been an EBay buyer and seller who used PayPal regularly with no negative feedback (and a feedback total heading into the thousands)) to use PayPal or not… I just thought it was only fair to let you know that, at the very least, you’ll certainly be losing MY business if PayPal remains the only payment option…

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/02/2008 3:46AM

Maximum Douc-
he

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

Maximum Douche Posted:

Seriously, ultimatums like this, don’t win you anything but lulz as people laugh at you.

Maximum Douc-
he

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

Maximum Douche Posted:

Seriously, ultimatums like this, don’t win you anything but lulz as people laugh at you.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Don’t put your money on the site, just use it to link to your credit/debit card, if they DO freeze your account, you have lost no money. Or am I missing something?

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

I’m all for the idea of more methods of payment. However, you have gone about it the wrong way completely. You make it sound like you are exercising some personal agenda rather than making a request.

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

Johnny Mac Posted:

Don’t put your money on the site, just use it to link to your credit/debit card, if they DO freeze your account, you have lost no money. Or am I missing something?

You don’t even need a paypal account to purchase BP. That’s what’s confusing about all this.

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

SuperMonkeyMan Posted:

You don’t even need a paypal account to purchase BP. That’s what’s confusing about all this.

Really? Well, then why don’t you tell me how? Because when I go to buy them, it says “if you don’t have/want a Paypal account, you may still use Paypal to pay via credit card”, which is still using PayPal, regardless of how you slice it…

SuperMonkeyMan Posted:

I’m all for the idea of more methods of payment. However, you have gone about it the wrong way completely. You make it sound like you are exercising some personal agenda rather than making a request.

Maybe I was a little harsh sounding… I didn’t mean it that way… Log in to see images! Captain Trek edited this message on 11/02/2008 3:58AM

Maximum Douc-
he

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

Captain Trek Posted:

Really? Well, then why don’t you tell me how? Because when I go to buy them, it says “if you don’t have/want a Paypal account, you may still use Paypal to pay via credit card”, which is still using PayPal, regardless of how you slice it…

Look dude, he’s already said he’s looking into ****, but if you’re going to be an obnoxious brat about it, you may as well get bent. The attitude is the problem, and you obviously don’t want to fix that.

Complaining about it, providing no links yourself to back it up, talking in generalizations, then flaming anyone who responds in a NON RP forum, is going to get you bent over, raped, and possibly banned.

So perhaps one more, with a bit of feeling?

Saying “I’ll take my money elsewhere” is really not that big a threat, especially not from some no name like you.

Maximum Douche was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Maximum Douche edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Johnny Mac Posted:

silent x tea-
rs

Level 20 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

I think the point is that he doesn’t want to use Paypal at all because he has some sort of vendetta against it. :/

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Maximum Douche Posted:

Complaining about it, providing no links yourself to back it up, talking in generalizations, then flaming anyone who responds in a NON RP forum, is going to get you bent over, raped, and possibly banned.

Err… I didn’t flame anyone… at least, I wasn’t aware I had and I just thought providing a search term rather than spamming links was more efficent… Honestly, “really? Well, then why don’t you tell me how?” is hardly a flame…

Look, if you want me to apologise for something, I will… I admit my tone throughout these proceedings has been less than steller, but I was just a mite disapointed is all… Call it a personal vendetta if you will, but it’s really nothing more than a “once bitten, twice shy” situation… Having been screwed over by PayPal, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that I don’t want to have to use that service again if I can possibly avoid it and if I have to not buy something I want to buy for that reason, so be it…

EDIT: By the way, why have everybody’s posts been voted down? I can understand why mine were voted down, but why all of yours? It wasn’t me, so what’s going on?

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/02/2008 4:31AM

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Johnny Mac Posted:

Don’t put your money on the site, just use it to link to your credit/debit card, if they DO freeze your account, you have lost no money.

Really, I want to know what problem you have with this.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 11/02/2008 4:34AM

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

It wasn’t necessary to make the same post three times, Johnny Mac… I’ll either reply to your post or not and spamming it over and over isn’t going to make me reply to it… Ultimately you’ll just annoy everyone else…

No, Max Douche, that wasn’t a flame either…

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

as a member of crotch zombie i say lose your business

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!