Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing I am attempting to make a text adventure game!

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Hello. You may know me as ‘that guy who critiqued My Immortal, thereby completely missing the point’. Well, I have a project I’ve been working on, and if I don’t announce it to a large audience, it will likely never get finished. Bizarrely, it has nothing to do with any of my previous projects, hard as that may be to believe.

It is called The Hitman (A working title, of course, and before you ask, yes, I am aware of the popular game series), and it is a dark tale of lies, corruption, goats*, and murder. Mostly murder. You play the titular Hitman, beginning a seemingly simple nights work that will lead him to discover much about the shadowy government organisation that employs him. Bear in mind that this project is relativity young, and will likely incubate for some time before it is ready for public consumption. That said, It should be released before Duke Nukem Forever 2 goes gold, by which I mean the second coming of Christ.

Just to quell your fears that this may actually be a quality game, let me leave you with these parting words:

“King Krimson is going to treat you with the love and respect you deserve.

Suck it down.”

Thoughts? Comments? For instance: ‘Could I possibly have been any more condescending?’ ‘Why do I act like a male reproductive organ when I know you all hate me anyway?’ and ‘What am I doing with my life?’ Well, I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Providing any of you actually give a ****.

*Does not actually contain goats.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

No goats? What about the shadowy government organization that tried to train psychic bumbumins by having soldiers in one room try to kill goats in the next room using only their minds? I’m not making this up… am I? Oh god, where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Seriously, though. A text adventure is a great idea. But it needs more goat.

enire edited this message on 08/29/2008 6:07PM

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

BirdofPrey.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

enire Posted:

There is no goat level… yetLog in to see images!

Biff Weasley Posted:

BirdOfPrey

Are you implying something, sir? In all seriousness, that is quite an… Interesting suggestion. What have I done to led you to believe that I am, in fact, BirdOfPrey? Because, seriously, he is a far greater human being than I. In fact, leave this thread right now and shower him with your undying love and affection. Go on. I’ll be waiting right here.

King Krimson edited this message on 08/30/2008 5:45AM

iRAWR

Avatar: 49692 Wed Nov 05 00:16:18 -0500 2008

Level 10 Emo Kid

NEW CEO OF FORUMWARZ INC.

enire Posted:

No goats? What about the shadowy government organization that tried to train psychic bumbumins by having soldiers in one room try to kill goats in the next room using only their minds? I’m not making this up… am I? Oh god, where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Here’s an idea:

If you type in goat, you get a point. A single point.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

iRAWR Posted:

Here’s an idea:

If you type in goat, you get a point. A single point.

I’m, not using a scoring system, as it’s more about the story than the game. If the player is going to explore the world, I want it to be because the actually like the setting and characters, not out of some misplaced sense of completion. “That secret inter dimensional door is worth ten points, I must find it or I could never live with myself” is not the reaction I want from the players.

In other words, if you don’t dig the story, I’ve failed at what I wanted to achieve.

Alternativly, I could just create a omnipresent, invisible item called ‘Goat’, so that when you try to pick up/attack/serenade the goat, I can formulate an appropriately witty response. After that, the goat would never be mentioned again.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!