Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumwarz Episode 2: Why it will cost money

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Yup. Preorders would be awesome.

ups bda psot ni bda sopt

Gorshnakk teh fiermatser swarserer lololol edited this message on 08/26/2008 10:35PM

Morro the As-
sless

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 10 Troll

The Biggest and Greatest Bodyguard on the Interwebz

look, i understand the rising costs of hosting, game making, etc. and i would gladly send the money for beer, but i work hard 6 days a week, and my paychecks gotta stretch, so if i were to send the money, i think that everyone who pays gets increased forum visits, better dom cards, etc. but i dont see why you guys cant accept money orders or other alternate forms of payment. i mean even ebay lets you pay with mo’s and such.

i also would like the preorder idea

also, will you be getting the bp, or is it just the cost?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Big Brother Posted:

Nice article, but with one filthy lie:

I spent one to two hours on forums in ep 1, less than ten minutes on the text adventure, and less than thirty minutes on sTalk.

Now, that is nearly definitely an underestimation. But not by over five hours.

To be fair, it’s very hard for us to get a good measure of time spent playing, so that number is mostly based on asking people how long they spent (and people are terrible as estimating).

Also, you must read very fast if you read every stalk conversation in less than thirty minutes!

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

I slightly agree with BB Log in to see images!; trout’s estimate is a bit high. But I’d bumume most people read the text in new forums and take their time, so 10 hours seems right.

Honestly it’s been so long since I first did the game (same thing for most people as well I’d bumume) it’s hard to guess how long it actually took. Plus the fact that you have to stretch it out over days from visits.

Still, it’s free. It’s fun. there’s a community that keeps you coming back for more. If it’s not the game itself holding you here for 15 hours it’s the community aspects.

Oh wow the beginning hour of E2 is free as well?! man you guys are spoiling us.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 08/26/2008 11:50PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Morro the bumless Posted:

look, i understand the rising costs of hosting, game making, etc. and i would gladly send the money for beer, but i work hard 6 days a week, and my paychecks gotta stretch, so if i were to send the money, i think that everyone who pays gets increased forum visits, better dom cards, etc. but i dont see why you guys cant accept money orders or other alternate forms of payment. i mean even ebay lets you pay with mo’s and such.

i also would like the preorder idea

also, will you be getting the bp, or is it just the cost?

I guess we could get a P.O. Box and accept money orders, but I have a feeling that we would get less money by mail than the P.O. Box would cost to rent.

Or we’ll just put Jalapeno Bootyhole’s address up and have you all mail him anthrax.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Ummm… judging by how many people here hate him and have threatened to enjoy hiim I doubt that would be a good idea.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Man, I don’t want to discourage a payment option, but personal experience in my business – checks and money orders are easy as having access to a laser printer, and even when they are real if they bounce the bank tends to charge the person cashing the thing a fee.

If a person can go somewhere to get a money order there is no legitimate reason they can’t get a Visa gift card. Almost every major mega store (think WalMart) sells them.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

Or we’ll just put Jalapeno Bootyhole’s address up and have you all mail him anthrax.

Put up his neighbor’s address. And then when they bring over the envelope he can say, “Huh, I wonder what crazy mailing list I got on now that has my address wrong?”

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

Man, I don’t want to discourage a payment option, but personal experience in my business – checks and money orders are easy as having access to a laser printer, and even when they are real if they bounce the bank tends to charge the person cashing the thing a fee.

If a person can go somewhere to get a money order there is no legitimate reason they can’t get a Visa gift card. Almost every major mega store (think WalMart) sells them.

Oddly enough I’ve been searching for a prepaid card and have not seen a single one in any store that I’d expect to. I even asked my bank where to find Visa gift cards and they said they don’t exist Log in to see images!

And at my old job we used to get customers using the prepaid mastercards and they would almost always not work. I dunno if it was our computers or what but there’d always be tears when a prepaid came up.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 08/26/2008 11:59PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Oddly enough I’ve been searching for a prepaid card and have not seen a single one in any store that I’d expect to. I even asked my bank where to find Visa gift cards and they said they don’t exist Log in to see images!

I’ve seen them at gas stations.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Here in Arizona, I have seen them at Circle K, which is a connivence store if you don’t have them.

angstcity

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 36 Camwhore

My bum is filled with horse great times

Most of the Visa/MC gift cards are now held at customer service desks rather than on open racks. There has been a big gift card scam where people can just scan the cards and then log in online to see when they are activated – presto free online shopping. There are a lot of jackbumes out there.

EDIT: scully says – ALT FAIL! Log in to see images! angstcity edited this message on 08/27/2008 12:05AM

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

I’ll have to check the gas stations then.

I don’t drive so naturally I haven’t checked there. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

We hadn’t even considered pre-orders actually. Since we know the price now though it should be doable. Maybe we’d even throw in a special E-Peen™ for it.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Pre-orders are a really awesome idea, it keeps people from spending BP on less useful stuff and guarantee our EP2 access.

And E-Peen? I’m all in for it. Log in to see images!

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Evil Trout Posted:

We hadn’t even considered pre-orders actually. Since we know the price now though it should be doable. Maybe we’d even throw in a special E-Peen™ for it.

this causes a dilemma!

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

this causes a dilemma!

Does not!

It causes a surplus of awesome.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Orb Posted:

Does not!

It causes a surplus of awesome.

well not for most people, but for peenwhores like me…

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 08/27/2008 11:47AM

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m all for the pre-ordering, too. Plus, I imagine it would be advantageous for your servers to not have everyone rushing to buy ep. 2 at the same moment. (TBH, I know little to nothing about that kind of thing; it just seems intuitive that it would work that way).

enire edited this message on 08/27/2008 11:59AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!