Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Kingdom of Loathing

LeFox

[RULES SO MUCH IT H-
URTS
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I just discovered this game through Forumwarz (funny, I hear it’s usually the other way around), and I gather that many here are playing it.

I am not looking to start a Forumwarz vs. Kingdom of Loathing argument, and if Evil Trout sees this thread as advertizing for the competition, we’ll just get it closed.

Basically, I just wanted to know if any of you are in a big clan and, most of all, if I could join in order to benefit from the extra rollover adventures and potted meat plants. Thank you.

omglawdy

Level 11 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Kingdom of loathing sucks bum

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

There were lots of klans that accept anyone, with meat plants and extra adventures last time I checked.

LeFox

[RULES SO MUCH IT H-
URTS
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

omglawdy Posted:

Kingdom of loathing sucks bum

I just discovered it today. I have no idea what the game looks like as you progress but right now, it sounds like a pleasant way to waste some time when I’m down pwning here in Forumwarz.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

If you’re just looking for extra rollover adventures, go to the Clan District in town and apply to one of the clans that are on the top there – they’re looking for newbies to join.

My account name there is Nillo (#41028). I’ve been playing it for quite some time and know my way around, so feel free to ask me if you need advice or something.

Milo

Avatar: 34228 Sun Jul 19 21:54:32 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

mi brets r relli small, dnt thnik i cna get canser in them

The clan I am part of in KoL is quite nice.

I’m not quite sure whats in the clan room though, cause I don’t go on there much anyway, but the people are alright usually. And they hold quite a few competitions, and a monthly lottery which I think has been getting quite alot of entries recently. They give away items like Mr A’s and millions of meat to winners.

The clan is called The Pixellated Array.

My characters on there are called Eskemo and Vicker.

edit; I just checked and you get +9 adventures a day. Also by signing up to our clan and completing a short mini quest you get free meat!

I think there’s quite a few mini quests to do for meat now, at least 3 anyway.

first = 10,000

second= 150,000

Milo edited this message on 08/03/2008 8:15PM

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

watch out! studies show that players of kol are 100% likely to die fat and alone!

SirIsaac

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Troll

WHSOutcast at gmail dot com

Used to play… plenty of huge clans who don’t care about you will accept you immediately and you can reap those meager rewards such as extra adventures. Join a soulless corporation today!

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Stay away from the chat and forums

seriously they’re psychos there

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

I actually signed up and gave it a try finally due to this post. Not for me.

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

Don’t waste your money on KoL imstead support an online game where the forums aren’t controlled by a bat**** insane senile administrator and the chat by whales masquerading as people.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Biff Weasley Posted:

Don’t waste your money on KoL imstead support an online game where the forums aren’t controlled by a bat**** insane senile administrator and the chat by whales masquerading as people.

That’s basically why I hardly ever play: it’s cool that it’s free, but if you want to be competitive and push the game to the limit, you’ll need to pay. And then you’ll be dwarfed by others who pay more. At that point, the random humor and stick figure art become a lot less funny.

To draw a parallel with FW: imagine DML-type items that are available for 10 BP a piece. That sucks bum. I seriously hope it won’t happen, although we’re kind of heading that way already with paid alts giving such an overwhelming advantage in domination… Still hope there will be some kind of solution for that, even though it is in direct conflict with my in-game interests.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

crayoncakes Posted:

I agree. The game itself is okay, but I got bored. Too rewarding of donations imo

LeFox

[RULES SO MUCH IT H-
URTS
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Wow, KoL is very time-consuming.

Anyway, I made a Disco Bandit, got him to level 5. I applied to KoL Addicts, was immediately accepted and got to benefit from the goodies in the rumpus room. Being in a clan certainly gives you a huge advantage. I also got showered in gifts, which made my play session that much longer since I got tons of bonus adventures from the stuff I was given.

It’s fun so far, but I’m thinking it’ll get tedious, what with the 40+ adventures per day.

BeBoBli

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

It’s just as terrible as Forumwarz.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

oh, im still banned from the last time i made ‘fun’.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Personally I enjoy both games. I don’t think it makes a lot of sense to judge a game by it’s forums. I hope people who show up here don’t see all the ****ing douchebags and just leave, since that would be damn near as bad as seeing all the tightbumes over there and leaving. Log in to see images!

FW is far more interactive, KoL far more solo player/goal orientated. I don’t see anything wrong with any game out there as long as a person has fun playing it. I very much disagree with the comment that it over rewards those who donate. I have 2 characters, one has donated, but plays hardcore where you don’t have access to the majority of your stuff. The other just farmed it’s way up the food chain and plays softcore/casualcore just as well as I could have if I’d donated hundreds of dollars. Donation is simply a shortcut to better equipment, but there is almost nothing in the game than can’t be earned from scratch.

I’m scullyangel over there as well, holler if you ever have a question or need help.

BeBoBli

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

No no no, I think you misunderstand me. The games themselves sans any social aspect are complete garbage. And the social aspect is too, but just clarifying I meant the gameplay portion.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Seriously, there’s no need to be fanboys. I like both games but for very different reasons. In KoL I hardly ever visit the forums or chat, but I play the game itself almost every day. Here at FWZ the game itself sucks bum but the community is awesome. These two complement each other.

Plus you can get any IotM you want if you farm well, play the market et cetera. I didn’t donate anything for several years when I started playing, but I still managed to afford several monthly familiars and a few pieces of equipment that I invested in and sold later for huge profit. There’s even a new ascension type now that offers a totally level playing field, although it takes some effort to unlock it.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

crayoncakes Posted:

That’s making me wanna join now

Unless you mean psychos as in horrifically nerdy Dungeons and Dragons-esque psycho, in which case, I’m staying well away

Laguna edited this message on 08/04/2008 7:31AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!